+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
Hi

My husband has been waiting almost for almosr 4years to hear from KVO. On Thursday I decided to check his account and I seen under interview that on March 24 an interview was canceled. We were not informed of a interview in the first place. Has this happened to anyone else
Hey girl wow long time no talk. Your still waiting like wth???

Reactions: Waiting101

Figo4019

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
AOR Received.
14-04-2021
File Transfer...
07-10-2021
Med's Request
07-10-2021
Med's Done....
28-10-2021
Passport Req..
28-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2022
LANDED..........
15-08-2022

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hi

My husband has been waiting almost for almosr 4years to hear from KVO. On Thursday I decided to check his account and I seen under interview that on March 24 an interview was canceled. We were not informed of a interview in the first place. Has this happened to anyone else
Cantact your MP!

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
The entire process is sad. Not even husbands but children that want to reunite with their parents
Sometimes you have to write them and plead the human elements of this case. When I was doing my children's own i had to let them know I had no one to supervise my children because my mother was travelling. They had requested the passports I just told them to send them back! In no time they sent the visa.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Good Sunday afternoon everyone. My name is Tammy and I haven’t needed to be on this forum for a while now. I have a question for anyone who knows the answer. I sponsored my husband and he finally arrived in Nov 2020. When we filed his paperwork we included his son but stated that he would not be joining his father at this time. The son had a medical done. The point we are at now is how do we apply for the son to now join us? We know there was a form that needed to be signed by both the mother and his father which stated the mother allows the child to come to Canada and be with us. It needed to be signed in front of a notary public. The issue at the time was that the mother had no ID to identify herself due to a fire and Jamaica wasn’t issuing government of (voter cards) until recently. The mother now has it and we are planning to travel to Jamaica the end of this April. Is the only thing we need to do at this time is complete that paperwork? Then do we submit it somehow from Canada once we get back and they will request another medical to be done? Thanks for any info someone might have who has been through this scenario. The child is now 8 years old.
When I did my two children I typed up the ouline of the letter addressed to the embassy and the other parents address.

The letter can be drafted as follows:
I, XYZ, authorize father xy and step mother yx to file for my child zy to immigrate to Canada. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me( Child's mother's contact) at #/ @.

You can either get someone to draft it if you are not comfortable doing it yourself. The main thing the signed letter and mother's ID must be notarized. Once that is done it should be fine

Figo4019

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
AOR Received.
14-04-2021
File Transfer...
07-10-2021
Med's Request
07-10-2021
Med's Done....
28-10-2021
Passport Req..
28-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2022
LANDED..........
15-08-2022
nope silence
Hi guys

I got background check completed April 28, 2022
Passport Request May 2, 2022.
Passport was delivered to them May 3, 2022
AND THE WAIT GOES ON.

They updated ECAS but not GCKEY. looks like Kingston is back at work.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
When I did my two children I typed up the ouline of the letter addressed to the embassy and the other parents address.

The letter can be drafted as follows:
I, XYZ, authorize father xy and step mother yx to file for my child zy to immigrate to Canada. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me( Child's mother's contact) at #/ @.

You can either get someone to draft it if you are not comfortable doing it yourself. The main thing the signed letter and mother's ID must be notarized. Once that is done it should be fine
There is a specific form for this, IMM5604E, declaration of non-accompanying parent:
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5604e.pdf

May need to download by right-clicking and then open in Adobe, I think it won't open directly in many browsers.

KellyBlair

Oct 20, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-06-2021
Med's Done....
16-09-2021
We have our interview date in june. They dont stamp passport in office anymore? Im trying to be down for the interview and to take my husband home and figure out a timeline and being away from work. I think I read we can drop passport off in person with the paper work. How long would it take to get processed?

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
Hello Everyone!!! This a long one but hear goes ...

I have not posted in a while, but here goes. I have been married since August 2018. We applied for the visitor's (this was just to have the freedom to go back and forth while the PR was in process - got denied) submitted our first PR application late 2019, got returned. Submitted 2nd time, got returned. Changed representative. Golden Rep (she sends me email as soon as she gets them, she is honestly great!) came along and we submitted and AOR1 February 12, 2021.

Hubby got interviewed yesterday for just over an hour, I got a call from them for about 10 minutes. He was not able to bring in his phone, they took all belongings and kept in a locker, and gave him the key. He entered with just the key, and documents requested. he did not get the visa on the spot, BUT! God is not sleeping, today we got DM, PPR, eligibility and background complete and updated as well as information regarding our COPR, and pre-arrivals.

ECAS:

1.We received *** application for permanent residence on February 12, 2021.
2.We sent *** medical instructions on April 19, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3.Medical results have been received.
4.We sent *** a letter for interview

New tracker - just started using this February 2022

Mar 7, 2022

Eligibility activity status updated
Eligibility

Eligibility status has been updated to Completed

Mar 7, 2022

Background verification activity status updated
Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to Completed

Dec 15, 2021

We received your enquiry.
Dec 9, 2021

Dec 3, 2021

Oct 4, 2021

Eligibility activity status updated
Eligibility

Eligibility status has been updated to In progress

Aug 10, 2021

May 5, 2021

Medical exam activity status updated
Medical exam

Medical exam status has been updated to Completed

Apr 19, 2021

Medical exam activity status updated
Medical exam

Medical exam status has been updated to In progress

Apr 18, 2021

Complete your immigration medical exam
We sent you a request to complete a medical exam. Read the message for more details.

Apr 12, 2021

Mar 30, 2021

Mar 19, 2021

Feb 26, 2021

Feb 11, 2021

Application received
We received your application and we’re checking to make sure you’ve submitted all the required forms and documents on the document checklist. If your application is incomplete, we’ll return it to you without processing it. If your application has all the requested forms and documents, you’ll get a message confirming we’ve accepted your application for processing.

SO THOSE ARE THE TRACKERS I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT, MAINLY ECAS, REP HAD GCKEY ACCESS, DEFINITELY HAD TO KEEP HER ON IT.

His Questions

1. How we meet
2. When we met
3. First kiss
4. Mother name
5. Where mother work and live
6. Father name, live, married
7. Mother and father age
8. Who is wife best friend
9. My job and position and what it entails
10. Who I work with
11. How he propose
12. Who was at the wedding
13. My best friend name
Pretty much all on the application, his ex-wife, and alot of personal questions, things you should know about each other favourite show, favourite artist (I don't have, I just love music, all genres and old school) etc.

Asked me:

1. How we met
2. About our first date
3. My favorite artist
4. My hobby
5. Plans for Canada when he comes
6. How many kids we want
7. There is a significant age difference- I said I thought about that prior to him even proposing.
8. Favourite music artist.

She then says she know I want to know the answer and said she is approving it and will call him back in and let him know. She told him he's approve and to check online for the document, download it and send in passport. We got the PPR today and sent in his passport. Hoping to get it back within a week.

Well this is for the ones in process.. DO NOT GIVE UP. THIS WORKS, BE GENUINE. Patience honestly, I was patient before but, I grew more. You love each other PLEASE compromise and ensure you have UNDERSTANDING. and RESPECT. Communicate lots and enjoy each day apart and appreciate the journey.

God's richest blessings and PRAY... PRAY and PRAY. I read this forum a few times and others. DO NOT GIVE UP.

XOXOXOXO.
What is we received your enquiry means ?

VictoriaC

Jul 8, 2019
Congratulation @ God is not sleeping!! FINALLY

It appears that KVO is working hard this month.

Like you, our application was sent back (sent it in Oct 2019, returned in December 2019, resend in Jan 2020).

File transferred to KVO October 2020. Complete silent all of 2021. Jan 2022, we got a notification that,

“Your interview was cancelled” no previous notification that there was an interview in the first place.

In Feb 2022 they send a request letter, we provided the required information the same day they requested

it. In May 2022 they requested a new medical examination. FINALLY on June 9 we received the PPR letter!

For those of you still in the process, as God is not sleeping said, “DO NOT GIVE UP.” As for patient, I

ran out of that. I wrote Sean Fraser, Justin Trudeau, my local MP, and I ordered the notes.

This process is daunting, KVO was not responding to request for information even at 28 days, MP claimed ‘due to covid….”

PM's office directed me to immigration minister office. Fraser office advise me that my application was “in a

queue waiting for review”. So, for those of you losing your minds (like me), I can say that there is an

end to this endless process, unfortunately, I can’t predict when that is, I’ve been in it for 30 months.

The good news is that there is movement across all platforms, so let us all cross our fingers and pray.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Congratulation @ God is not sleeping!! FINALLY

It appears that KVO is working hard this month.

Like you, our application was sent back (sent it in Oct 2019, returned in December 2019, resend in Jan 2020).

File transferred to KVO October 2020. Complete silent all of 2021. Jan 2022, we got a notification that,

“Your interview was cancelled” no previous notification that there was an interview in the first place.

In Feb 2022 they send a request letter, we provided the required information the same day they requested

it. In May 2022 they requested a new medical examination. FINALLY on June 9 we received the PPR letter!

For those of you still in the process, as God is not sleeping said, “DO NOT GIVE UP.” As for patient, I

ran out of that. I wrote Sean Fraser, Justin Trudeau, my local MP, and I ordered the notes.

This process is daunting, KVO was not responding to request for information even at 28 days, MP claimed ‘due to covid….”

PM's office directed me to immigration minister office. Fraser office advise me that my application was “in a

queue waiting for review”. So, for those of you losing your minds (like me), I can say that there is an

end to this endless process, unfortunately, I can’t predict when that is, I’ve been in it for 30 months.

The good news is that there is movement across all platforms, so let us all cross our fingers and pray.
why was your application returned?

VictoriaC

Jul 8, 2019
why was your application returned?
My stepdaughter's police record was missing from the application. Side note: -prior to submitting the application, we call IRCC and ask if we still had to submit the police record for her since she was living in the US. Agent X said, “it was not necessary”.

leaannbowes

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
I haven't checked in here in quite some time, but I pray all goes well for everyone waiting. The group I went through this process with has all been dealt a horrible hand, all spouses got to Canada and did them dirty. I need to see some positive outcomes as this is soooo sad to me. I'm keeping the faith.