+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

Married2018

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hello all. Hope everyone is well today. I wanted to know has anyone received AOR2 from Kingston office? Do they usually send AOR2? I know some people at other offices mentioned they never received AOR2 but their file was processed.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hello all. Hope everyone is well today. I wanted to know has anyone received AOR2 from Kingston office? Do they usually send AOR2? I know some people at other offices mentioned they never received AOR2 but their file was processed.
Some people check ECAS to see when it changes to application received on the applicant side then back to in process. I think if you don't get a letter that's another way of marking it.

I don't know if Kingston notifies usually however.

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
I did but this was last year before the pandemic, not everyone gets it, it's shows in ECAS number 2 should say, we started processing and the date.

Married2018

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Some people check ECAS to see when it changes to application received on the applicant side then back to in process. I think if you don't get a letter that's another way of marking it.

I don't know if Kingston notifies usually however.
Thank you, I will check to see if any changes.

Mossar

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
App. Filed.......
13-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-11-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
14-10-2019
Well...... hopefully next week we start seeing some progress.

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
I have a question to anyone who can help. As previously stated it has been confirmed by my local MP that my husbands application was approved on March 16/20 making him eligible to travel because he was approved prior to the border shutting down BUT we never got email for passport requests and are now told that he needed to land in Canada by July 22/20 which obviously he did not. The MP advised us to send webform with specific information which we did and now IRCC came back with an email that basically says...
We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that your email sent on September 18, 2020 was received by the responsible office.

Since this file is currently located at the Canadian visa office in Kingston, Jamaica, we invite you to contact them directly if you wish to:

My question is...are we suppose to call them? or will they only respond to emails? We are not even sure why we are contacting them directly. We just need instructions on how to proceed since his travel authorization expired along with all his documents but maybe they will extend those since he was approved 6 months ago already. We need the passport request so then can issue the Visa. I’m so confused with all the run around we get. Thanks

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
I'm seeing a lot of February and March applicants getting Pre arival and passport request from other countries, so why is KVO not doing same...smh
KVO i
I have a question to anyone who can help. As previously stated it has been confirmed by my local MP that my husbands application was approved on March 16/20 making him eligible to travel because he was approved prior to the border shutting down BUT we never got email for passport requests and are now told that he needed to land in Canada by July 22/20 which obviously he did not. The MP advised us to send webform with specific information which we did and now IRCC came back with an email that basically says...
We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that your email sent on September 18, 2020 was received by the responsible office.

Since this file is currently located at the Canadian visa office in Kingston, Jamaica, we invite you to contact them directly if you wish to:

My question is...are we suppose to call them? or will they only respond to emails? We are not even sure why we are contacting them directly. We just need instructions on how to proceed since his travel authorization expired along with all his documents but maybe they will extend those since he was approved 6 months ago already. We need the passport request so then can issue the Visa. I’m so confused with all the run around we get. Thanks
Did you try emailing the KVO office directly. KVO seems to be doing everything but visa these days and using the covid issue as the reason why nothing is being done. Send them an email daily if you have to, I know they may send you an automated reply, but they can't do that forever.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021

There is a way to send them a Webform request directly. I came across it by accident the other day. It's on the same site but you choose different options. It will give you an option to select KIN as your VO. I'm going to look right now and see if I can tell you the steps.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp#q1

Click this link. Select TELL US MORE

Then Select Yes, Yes, Then Choose Jamaica from the list.

Also Try This Email Address: kingston.immigration@international.gc.ca (Found it on Canada.ca)

Hopefully that gets you to the right place.

Reactions: BABESANDI

Canadian Sensation

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
There is a way to send them a Webform request directly. I came across it by accident the other day. It's on the same site but you choose different options. It will give you an option to select KIN as your VO. I'm going to look right now and see if I can tell you the steps.
I would appreciate that thanks...not even sure what we are suppose to say to them other then he was approved, we didn’t get the passport request, he can travel immediately and that he plans to live here permanently. That’s what the MP said to include. At least a webform that goes directly to Kingston makes sense since it would include all the relevant information like his UCI# and file # along with his name and date of birth. Regular email seemed strange to me. Even a link would be good because obviously the link the MP included in their email to us didn’t go where it was suppose to.