+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

rebeccara

Star Member
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Thank you everyone. I will speak about our experience and journey.

My husband had charges showing up on his police check which happened more than 10 years ago. What we did was applied for permanent residence along with a criminal rehabilitation application. The pr application is 490 for landing fees and 550 for the application. The criminal rehabilitation application is either 200 or 1000. What we did was pay the 200 and if we had to pay 1000 we would owe 800. We gathered all necessary court documents for the charges. Even if you have charges that were withdrawn get a letter explaining such. My husband provided a letter indicating he had finished his sentence.

We applied June 2017, police record submitted at time of application. July, 2017 was asked for medicals. File transfered to Jamaica Aug, 2017. It was silent till March 2019 when he received a call on a Sunday advising he will receive a call for a interview date. Two days later we were given the date for an interview scheduled three weeks later.

The day of the interview he had a pleasant white lady who was very nice. Only a couple of questions were asked about me like where I work, how much I make. She didn't even want to see pictures of us as she was satsified. The whole process took 2.5 hours to receive the visa on the spot. Our police check and medicals we're extended.

If anyone out there has a similar situation don't loose hope or give up your spouse will get through. We did it ourselves without a lawyer.

Good luck everyone on your journeys your spouse will be home soon.
Can you please pm
Me I have some questions about the process

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
We are going through a similar situation, at the interview they asked about the arrest and requested a letter from the courts, That was in Feb haven't heard anything since then. My MP called immigration last week and they told her they are waiting on Jamaica to verify the letter, next week will be 13 months since we applied :(
Good Morning, usually they take up to three months to review once received at the office. I believe he had dismissed charges?? Kingston only needs documents from the court house showing such. The documents will show what type of charges, incident details, time period for each charge and if there was a fine/withdrawn/dismissed. I believe there is nothing to worry about. If his police check is clear your good to go. Hopefully that helps but I sent you a msg.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. Her permission is needed on the form for him to immigrate but medical dont need her permission just son's passport and son at medical place.

You explain to the child's mother that the exam is to allow the child to be able to be sponsored in the future as an adult before 22, I believe. - regarding this part, does the mother also needs to give her consent form for this to happen?

Reactions: PWILLY

PWILLY

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
07-10-2019
No. Her permission is needed on the form for him to immigrate but medical dont need her permission just son's passport and son at medical place.

Thanks Kedeisha, that's good to know!

PWILLY

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
07-10-2019
Good morning guys,
I do not want to be forgetting any important supporting documents below is a list of what we have collected thus far for the application:

-New Marriage certificate
-Hubby's divorce certificate
-Hubby's birth certificate
-Hubby's son birth certificate
-Hubby's police record
-Passport pics for both signed by JP
-Joint account bank statement
-Phone bills
-Letter from Hotel (re: honeymoon)

Is there anything else that needs to be added. The consent letter for his son will not be included as the mother will not sign the form. He will howvwer be doing the medical when we get to that point with his dad.

Please let me know guys, I greatly appreciate your guidance and support.

Thanks,

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you listed him on your benefits as beneficiary etc?

You also need 20 pics and 10 pages of correspondence translated into English or French .

Good morning guys,
I do not want to be forgetting any important supporting documents below is a list of what we have collected thus far for the application:

-New Marriage certificate
-Hubby's divorce certificate
-Hubby's birth certificate
-Hubby's son birth certificate
-Hubby's police record
-Passport pics for both signed by JP
-Joint account bank statement
-Phone bills
-Letter from Hotel (re: honeymoon)

Is there anything else that needs to be added. The consent letter for his son will not be included as the mother will not sign the form. He will howvwer be doing the medical when we get to that point with his dad.

Please let me know guys, I greatly appreciate your guidance and support.

Thanks,

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@PWILLY make sure you have all the appropriate forms and everything signed especially the one that requires both an electronic and manual signature, this is the schedule A form!

Make sure you send app to Sydney or they said they will return it to you. I am assuming you're applying Outland if so Sydney Inland is Mississauga. Syndey address for courier is 49 Dorchester St.

You need to send them your status in Canada such as PR card or Canadian passport, photocopy will suffice.

You need to show employment income, NOA for 2018 taxes and or Option C . You can get this online thru your MY Account with CRA

PWILLY

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
07-10-2019
Wow! thanks, yes I am applying outbound. I have a ton of pics but why 20 pics and correspondence to be 10; is that the requirements? I also have everything else you listed just forgot to type those.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Checklist says this

Wow! thanks, yes I am applying outbound. I have a ton of pics but why 20 pics and correspondence to be 10; is that the requirements? I also have everything else you listed just forgot to type those.

Reactions: PWILLY

PWILLY

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
07-10-2019
hi guys, if the father gets full custody of his son, could we switch in the middle of the application process from unaccompanied to accompanied minor?