+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

nemrac1466

Aug 19, 2017
Hi guys i appreciate you if you can guide me.
I applied for permanent residency and i can check my status in cic website it says they recieved my application on april and they began to process it in july. i have received an email month ago to prepare some documents for them but after it i did not hear any thing else from them. i think i will have an interview with them and i just wanted to know how long regulary does it take to having an interview after begining the process? and how long does it take after inteview to issue the visa?
thanks all
If you look at the first page of this thread you can access the spreadsheet and look at the patterns of this year and previous years patterns. Looks like if you bring your passport to the interview you'll get your PR the same day... if not looks like 2 weeks to a month.

Reactions: adt83

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
Anyone know approximately how long it's been taking for unaccompanied children to get visas back after passport requests? Hubby's took hardly any time (6 days back in 2015) but the children's have been sent out 3 weeks ago today and still nothing. They have confirmed they have the passports but we were really hoping to have them here before school starts.
Anyone have the Answer?? KVO has now had passports 1 month and we're getting discouraged :(

Reactions: adt83

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
June 3 2016 Passed and Extended
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Anyone have the Answer?? KVO has now had passports 1 month and we're getting discouraged :(
Unfortunately I don't know yet. Im applying for accompanied children but not at that stage. Hope someone can help you.

weallwegot

Feb 8, 2017
This is the most frustrating situation to be in. I have been attempting to link my file since August 4 and all now no luck. I have contacted immigration and was informed to send screen shots. To which I do not have as there is not error just not linking but I have the UNI# and file number. I was advised to just mail in the schedule A form which was done 2 weeks ago but there is no way of checking the status. This is so stressing. Any one have any other suggestions. What is so funny is my sister is going through the same things but got through with linking her after she stated she is single on one of the options but in fact she is married? Just odd

Reactions: mel2017 and adt83

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
I wish they understood how helplessly stressful it is to have absolutely no control over your life. Hopefully you hear back soon. It seems the norm is 2 weeks - 2 months. Have you sent them a follow-up email? It's almost back-to-school time, maybe just kindly mention that you are needing to figure out their school plans if they are school age? If you don't hear from them in another month, maybe contact your local MP to see what they advise? Keep us posted and stay strong. This will all soon be nothing but a distant memory for all of us. :)

Last edited:

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
This is the most frustrating situation to be in. I have been attempting to link my file since August 4 and all now no luck. I have contacted immigration and was informed to send screen shots. To which I do not have as there is not error just not linking but I have the UNI# and file number. I was advised to just mail in the schedule A form which was done 2 weeks ago but there is no way of checking the status. This is so stressing. Any one have any other suggestions. What is so funny is my sister is going through the same things but got through with linking her after she stated she is single on one of the options but in fact she is married? Just odd
I would also suggest sending it in via the webform? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

It's all too common how hard it is for many to link their account. Sometimes you just have to try a whole bunch of different sequences before it works. If you search on this forum, there used to be a thread with different suggestions... Best of luck!

Mariooo

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
hi guys. sorry for asking my question here, i did not see any other topic about Canadian consulate in kingston.
I applied for granting permanent residency almost in april and sent my application from bahamas (you know here is no embassy or consulate and we need to send our application to Canadian consulate in kingston). after 3 months i recieved an email which had an application number in it and i could check my application status online and it writes In Process. and in the email they wrote me a list of documents that i need to prepare for them including police record, paspport photo and etc.
in the website it writes they recieved my application in april and they startet processing application in july. and I think they need to interview me, so I wanted to ask you when do you think they will be in Bahamas for interview? and how long does it takes to issue the visa after interview?
just consider that my appliciation is not for family sponsorship.
thank every body for helping me

Reactions: mel2017

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Im so sorry, why didn't you mail here sooner. I had this issue as well. It took me days to link and how i finally got to link my file is that i googled it and realized others were having the same issue as i did and i followed the steps and got it. Recalling what i did.... in the section that asked for the number of applicant.. Put 2 (instead of 1). Initially i put one as its me my husband was filing for so im the only applicant however when i read the issue people were having and how they put 2 and it worked i did it and it was linked. Im wondering if its too late to link it now because i think they give us some days to do it, i could be wrong. let me know if this helps and if you need more info i would just try to remember everything i did

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
They need to take schooling in consideration. It took my sister and friend a month and a half (so roughly two months). They were adults though but i don't think its matters whether its a child or an adult.

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
hi guys. sorry for asking my question here, i did not see any other topic about Canadian consulate in kingston.
I applied for granting permanent residency almost in april and sent my application from bahamas (you know here is no embassy or consulate and we need to send our application to Canadian consulate in kingston). after 3 months i recieved an email which had an application number in it and i could check my application status online and it writes In Process. and in the email they wrote me a list of documents that i need to prepare for them including police record, paspport photo and etc.
in the website it writes they recieved my application in april and they startet processing application in july. and I think they need to interview me, so I wanted to ask you when do you think they will be in Bahamas for interview? and how long does it takes to issue the visa after interview?
just consider that my appliciation is not for family sponsorship.
thank every body for helping me
If they use a similar pattern as the family sponsorship, many persons have noted that they got the visa the same day( after the interview) while others like my brother in law who applied for the work permit five years ago waited a month after his interview to get the visa. Hope this was helpful!

nemrac1466

Aug 19, 2017
I have yet to link my application since April.... I gave up because it's not exactly detrimental... they still end up notifying you of the process... my papers are in Kingston and my medical has been approved. Hopefully after they finish the student visas for the summer they'll get back to our spousal sponsorships.
my

Mariooo

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
guys any body knows how the process goes for applicant in Bahamas? they said they need to come here for interview because i cant travel to Kingston. but they did not say when they are planing to come. does any body know any thing about their schedule for coming to Bahamas? thanks

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
guys any body knows how the process goes for applicant in Bahamas? they said they need to come here for interview because i cant travel to Kingston. but they did not say when they are planing to come. does any body know any thing about their schedule for coming to Bahamas? thanks
I do not know but I think its best you email them and ask this question. Kingston Visa Office's (KVO) email address is kingston.immigration@international.gc.ca

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
I have yet to link my application since April.... I gave up because it's not exactly detrimental... they still end up notifying you of the process... my papers are in Kingston and my medical has been approved. Hopefully after they finish the student visas for the summer they'll get back to our spousal sponsorships.

my
Just as a heads-up, once we were emailed an interview invitation, we were also required to upload documents online through his account with a 2 month deadline. We had no clue these documents were required until we logged in. There was no email sent, and no mention of them in the interview invite, it merely appeared online through his account.

I know this has happened as well to a few other people after their interview invite...