27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
Hi guys i am in a big confusion...

My open work permit expires on 26th November 2014. I am currently in Calgary, Alberta and got a full time permanent job which commences from 16th June...I would be applying for my AINP Nomination immediately...

My question is can i apply for a bridge visa as soon as i get my File No from AINP stating to the CIC that i would require the bridge visa as i do not know how much time will it take for the approval of my nomination and in that period of time my open work permit might expire?

jbrown

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Hello,
You are partially correct. In your situation, if you're nominated by a Province you can then apply for a Bridging Work Permit and some Provinces may support you with a letter to obtain this permit. However, I believe you must send your PR application to CIC and after receiving the Acknowledgement letter then you can apply for the Bridging WP. In other words, your application must reach certain stage with CIC.

below is what CIC's website says (you may want to check it out)
"To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, you must:
Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that your permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four economic classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit"

Kristina WW

Jul 30, 2014
Hi,

I was asking myself the same question;

from the lates news on BC PNP website, as that is a provencial government that needs to nominate me for a PR, time of processing is currently 5-6 months. As my current work permit is expiring in 3 months, I was wondering what is going to happen in time before I get my nomination (not applying for PR with nomination, but getting the nomination first) if work permit expires during the time of waiting?

I am sure someone has or had the same problem; any information would be highly appreciated!

Diaboluce

Jul 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydeny, NS
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Hi there

AINP nomination process takes long time thesedays, at least 6months
so I think you'd better find another way to get workpermit rather than bridge permit

vicky86

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Mar-2014
Nomination.....
04-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
15-Apr-2014
Med's Request
15-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
20-May-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
01-03-2015 (already in Canada)
Diaboluce is right guys. I was in same boat. Unless you get nomination from PNP you can't extend your work permit exception you have LMO to extend your work permit.

Bridging open work permit is different story where after PNP nomination when you apply to CIC for further process and receive File no./ACK then you can apply for BOWP.

I was lucky to get PNP nomination a day prior my WP-expiry and support letter on WP-expiring date and applied on same day. You can apply online before mid-night of WP-expiry date.

My WP is expiring in next 2 months and have received my Fileno. from CIC for my federal appln. I will be applying for BOWP (Bridging open work permit) soon.

Hope this helps.

martha1901

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-06-2016
vicky86 said:
Diaboluce is right guys. I was in same boat. Unless you get nomination from PNP you can't extend your work permit exception you have LMO to extend your work permit.

Bridging open work permit is different story where after PNP nomination when you apply to CIC for further process and receive File no./ACK then you can apply for BOWP.

I was lucky to get PNP nomination a day prior my WP-expiry and support letter on WP-expiring date and applied on same day. You can apply online before mid-night of WP-expiry date.

My WP is expiring in next 2 months and have received my Fileno. from CIC for my federal appln. I will be applying for BOWP (Bridging open work permit) soon.

Hope this helps.
Vicky,

How long did they extend your WP after PNP nomination? thanks.

Martha

vicky86

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Mar-2014
Nomination.....
04-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
15-Apr-2014
Med's Request
15-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
20-May-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
01-03-2015 (already in Canada)
martha1901 said:
Vicky,

How long did they extend your WP after PNP nomination? thanks.

Martha
martha1901 ,

CIC issued me 2 years of WP.

min2_always

Star Member
May 18, 2014
ritvik123 said:
Hi guys i am in a big confusion...

My open work permit expires on 26th November 2014. I am currently in Calgary, Alberta and got a full time permanent job which commences from 16th June...I would be applying for my AINP Nomination immediately...

My question is can i apply for a bridge visa as soon as i get my File No from AINP stating to the CIC that i would require the bridge visa as i do not know how much time will it take for the approval of my nomination and in that period of time my open work permit might expire?

[/quote
Hey if you are eligible for federal part you should apply for that.
If your not then apply for ainp.
But my suggestion in do it if you got to apply from both of them.
Rest dont depend on BOWP and dont wait for nomination or AOR.
Trying to get work permit from employer.
That will be your luck if you get AOR or nomination.
God bless you