File Transfer...
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
01-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has an application pending in Kiev right now, or maybe someone recently went through the process and could answer some questions. I searched the forum for a thread like this, but the only one I found was from quite a while ago, and it seems the process has changed a bit since then.

Questions I've had:

Does Kiev give AOR2 when they receive an application from Mississauga?

Does anyone have any experiences or thoughts on how the current mobilization might affect a pending application? I read today in the news that men cannot leave the country without a special permission document from the military recruitment office. This is alarming if true!

Are there Canadians in the consulate/embassy? In other threads I've seen people say that the people processing these applications are Canadians - but I have visited the embassy a few times and found nobody who seemed to be a native English speaker there.

I'd also be happy to answer anyone's questions if I can help - I've only just recently got Stage 1 approval, though.

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Hello,
My wife went for her interview in Nov 2009.
The receptionist (useless young woman cruising her facebook profile) was Ukrainian.
A very helpful and polite Lady there who processed my notarized documents was Ukrainian.
The very friendly woman who interviewed my wife was from Canada.
They issued her visa that same day. ;D

TetianaSH

Jul 11, 2014
shishkabobs said:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has an application pending in Kiev right now, or maybe someone recently went through the process and could answer some questions. I searched the forum for a thread like this, but the only one I found was from quite a while ago, and it seems the process has changed a bit since then.

Questions I've had:

Does Kiev give AOR2 when they receive an application from Mississauga?

Does anyone have any experiences or thoughts on how the current mobilization might affect a pending application? I read today in the news that men cannot leave the country without a special permission document from the military recruitment office. This is alarming if true!

Are there Canadians in the consulate/embassy? In other threads I've seen people say that the people processing these applications are Canadians - but I have visited the embassy a few times and found nobody who seemed to be a native English speaker there.

I'd also be happy to answer anyone's questions if I can help - I've only just recently got Stage 1 approval, though.
Hello. We received PER on Jan, 28. Now are waiting for medicine. We decided to receive permission from Ukrainian authorities to leave the country (such as permission from parents, permission for kids, etc).

warpol

Dec 23, 2014
Could anyone please give me insight on what are the current wait times for trv visas. I have heard that many people are getting visas cancelled and that wait times are 2-3 months. Sounds like things are moving slowly in Kiev...

Jobe

Aug 14, 2015
This for Shishkabobs. I see that your spouse received a visa on June 17, 2015. Your application went in slightly ahead of my wife's. We submitted ours on October 29, 2015. There was a request for one document in December and I was eventually approved as a sponsor on March 13, 2015. About two weeks ago, the addresses on ECAS were changed to my wife's Ukrainian addresses. My wife is from eastern Ukraine, but has been living in Kiev since June 2014. My wife and stepson had their medicals done in late September 2014. The silence from the Kiev visa office has me wondering what is going on there. Do they wait for an inch of dust to collect on the box first before processing it. Your application went fairly quick and without an interview. It is hard to say what is happening with my wife's. Now that your spouse is here in Canada, I wonder if you still have an interest in this forum. Any response would be greatly appreciated. How have things been since your spouse arrived in Canada? Was it complete culture shock?