+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Keeping my US job but living in Canada as PR

Discussion in 'Start Your Own Business in Canada – Self Employmen' started by robertobolano, Nov 8, 2019.

  1. Hi, can I just stay on my US company's payroll as a full employee with benefits while living in Canada? Or do I need to have them treat me like a subcontractor and pay me hourly?
  2. Would depend on how long you’re planning on being in Canada. If you are moving full-time no but they also don’t need to pay you hourly and can still pay you in USD. Not sure whether it would make sense for them to pay you all the benefits either. Would negotiate changes based on your needs in Canada.

Share This Page