+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Keep in mind there are almost no jobs!

canada4all

Oct 21, 2010
Hi I want to share my own story in Pakistan.I will need your comments. I was forced to resign by my company after 9 years service to save my high salary.
I am unemployed for almost one year. I am 1st Position Holder in Master of Information Technology.
Unemployment is very bitter reality. It does not see your experience, skills or education. If it was case then I would not be unemployed for so long.
Job is mostly by luck of an opportunity. It may be within one week, one month or after months. However proper training etc helps to seize the opportunity.

So Canada is not different from other world. I think competition will be more tough in Canada due to skilled labour. I think Qorax is right that you should get any surviving job to save your funds and should search good jobs afterwards.

J

jolly404

qwerbilzak said:
Canada is a capitalist economy. If you have skills people need, and they feel they can work with you, you will definitely get work. You just need to be diligent and keep at it until you meet those people.
Hey qwerbilzak!
i am impressed by ur opinion in this thread under which noc code did u apply?

Jolly404.

ArshadAli

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
AOR Received.
20-10-2010
IELTS Request
done
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waitinig
Passport Req..
waiting
info-gc said:
My interpretation of your question is, you now want to know more details. These are not important. It is not about me, what I could have done or any of that. I have seen it all and I have nothing to defend.

It just pisses me off to see lies and millions of people misled.

Maybe 200 years from now Canada will issue a formal apology for what it did to immigrants in the fashion they honored the Chinese workers building the railway or the injustice to the Japanese.

What I know for sure is, no one here will be mad at me for misleading him/her like I was to other people.
how much minimum amount is required to start our own business in Canada?

humanist

Jun 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2009
Doc's Request.
11-06-2009
Med's Request
21-04-2010
Med's Done....
14-05-2010
Passport Req..
10-12-2010
Of course that depends on what the business is!

To buy a good franchise opportunity in retail or catering can cost $240,000+, I've looked into it. The more money you invest, the more profitable and viable the business will be. I doubt you could make a living with a business where you have invested less than $50,000.

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
jolly404 said:
Hey qwerbilzak!
i am impressed by ur opinion in this thread under which noc code did u apply?

Jolly404.
Thanks!

J

jolly404

hello qwerbilzak could u send me the final list of documents u sent and how did u compile up before sending it.
i amtrying to send my completed application soon after making sure nothing is missing.
please share ur experience
thank you.
jolly.
qwerbilzak said:
Thanks!

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
jolly404 said:
hello qwerbilzak could u send me the final list of documents u sent and how did u compile up before sending it.
i amtrying to send my completed application soon after making sure nothing is missing.
please share ur experience
thank you.
jolly.
The way I did it was strictly by the letter. So that it would be as easy for the officer as possible. I can't remember all the specific documents (there were many) But there's a standard "checklist" that lists them all. I'd put the link to it from the CIC website, but the forum won't let me post links. If you're seriously looking to immigrate, I'm sure you've been all over the CIC website like all of us have.

I took all the items on the checklist and put them in order, with "sticky - notes" indicating what number on the checklist the document corresponded to, as well as the name of the document on the sticky note. I put them in the correct order so the officers could just grab 1,2,3 etc. I also did all the forms in the computer so they would be perfectly legible.

Then in a waterproof envelope, then in a postal box, and that was it.

Probably what 95% of the people on this forum do, I'd imagine.

Khan101

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 3, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17, 2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 27, 2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
"Review Done-Processing Started" Dec 12, 2011
Med's Request
Feb 01, 2012.
Med's Done....
March 19, 2012.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 11, 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
May 23, 2012!!!!
LANDED..........
probably August.
canada0801 said:
Immigrants do not go to new lands for JOBS.
I am sure this is the way those who are not immigrants themselves think of it, but it is not JOBS per se we look for when relocating to new lands.

Above and first of all, to decide to leave one's own country of birth the latter must actually create some truly unbearable circumstances for existence.

Sometimes it has to do with material opportunity , but sometimes it has completely nothing to do with JOBS or silly hopes of getting very rich and very quick in a new land where one hopes to build a new life for family and self.

It wasn't JOBS that Pilgrims who immigrated to America in early days were looking for. Although, many of those pioneers proved to be industrious and prospered greatly in the long run, but originally it was not JOBS that they came to America for.
It was suffocating and indivudally destructive athmosphere of intolerance towards their particular breed of population within the borders of mother England!
It wasn't all Englishmen who decided to immigrate, many were happy to stay and their descendands are still living ever happily in England today, with much of things in days past forgotten.
But there were SOME ENglishmen who couldn't take it no more and preferred to come to a waste land, risk death in hands of Natives and struggle through infinite toils here in FREE LAND rather than languish and die of desperation in where they came from, even though some were materially well off people in where they originated from.

We do not want to go to Canada to receive the diamonds from the skies! Those fools who go for easy gains are to face grave dissapointment. Not everyone made to be an IMMIGRANT!

But those of us, with heart, passion and LOVE of our close ones, with hopes of FUTURE which we want to give to our CHILDREN, with our complete and absolute INNER CONFIDENCE that we desreve better than what we were pigenholed to be destined for in our country of birth, now those are the ones who SHOULD be ones who immigrate. And once in Canada, we won't expect our new homeland to adopt to our ways and accomodate us with all luxuries and best jobs it can offer.
Oh no! The first and above all we will lower our heads and bow with the adundant sense of grace and appreciation that in these hard days this great land has given us an opportunity, had embraced and welcomed with open arms, as it's own keen, those of us who truly wanted to be there!

And we will BUILD CANADA with our fellow countrymen. Canada has a great future, make no mistake about it. It is second in size country in the world with only 33 millions of people populating there lands. This country has so much in future and will grow as what you can't foresee now.

Canada today is what America was at once to those who yearned for New Beginnign and New Life.
And nothing of magnitute comes with ease , little effort or without toils.

May only Canada be kind enough to accept us: we will repay her with boundless debt with energy and hard work and dedication to make that country as strong and prosperous as our sense of appreciation and grace for it will be!

Amen to that.

Amen to that! Best Post I've seen.

"Not everyone can be an Immigrant"! - I'm gonna quote you on that man.

Thanks.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
info-gc - Thank you for sharing your valuable experience.
Others - The grass looks greener always on other side ;)

More new immigrants means more savings inflow to the Canada. More residents means more taxes (around 50% of your income). Simple economics why Canada loves more inflows of immigrants. Lawyers, Consultants, Immigration Dept etc earns anyway a lot prior anyone lands in Canada ;) After landing its provincial and federal governments turn ;)

At the end of the day, its choice of cost and benefit. It is a choice of your home country versus Canada. Checks your options and at the end of the day for some, migrating may be great and for some may be prove disaster.

Wishing everyone all the best !

info-gc said:
There is a lot of enthusiasm around here and I do not want to sound negative and discouraging.

Yet there are things you need to know.

The score based skilled class immigration system is a bogus one and it is not based on any real job demand numbers. What you will find out is, your skills and experience will not count for much and you will have a difficult time competing with the unemployed Canadian professionals and other immigrants that came here before you and are still struggling.

The reason Canada is going to accept another 500,000+ people in 2011 is they are expected to bring their savings with them.

If you are ready to spend the rest of your life in a factory as a regular employee toiling for $10-12/hour then you will be fine and may even be able to get a bit up the ladder. If, however, you come with the hopes of landing a job in your field in the first 5 months or even a year, this is extremely unlikely to happen, unless you are a real prodigy.

This site may provide another perspective to immigration:

ww.dsc-gc.com/ (add a w to make it work)

It is not the first of its kind and it will not be the last. The good thing about it is, one can fill out a survey sheet and share their experience in Canada.

Best of luck to all of you!

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
ruka said:
Dear info_gc

We are really sorry about your situation. But don't lose hope as you have already indicated. You'll soon get a good job. Keep on trying.

I am sure , that every one needn't be discouraged by your experience. Some fields might have demand in the job market and some not. And we may find some areas have a better demand for certain fields.

You revealing your real life experience would be very much beneficial to the readers of this forum and future immigrants. Thanks a lot for that.

It would be very kind of you if you can share the following info too as it would make it more beneficial. Please don't say 'No' to this.

1) I feel you are into Engineering. What field of Engineering are you into
2) Where were you previously located when you were doing your Engineering job and where are you currently located in Canada?
3) What are your Qualifications before coming to Canada and your job experience ?

I hope answering the above questions would help us all to better understand the situation.

I hope you would give us answers to the above questions.

Thanks in advance.

God Bless you !
ruka
Hi Info_gc,

I am waiting 4 u r answers !!!!

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
Khan101 said:
Amen to that! Best Post I've seen.

"Not everyone can be an Immigrant"! - I'm gonna quote you on that man.

Thanks.
Thanks!

Wish you all best of luck and hopefully one day we post here FROM CANADA as landed PR !

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What will set you apart from other immigrants vying for the same job is not your years of experience or how many degrees you hold. While it is true that having the right qualifications is important, it does not translate to your landing a job.

I honestly believe that what sets you apart is your ability to integrate into the job environment. It is not enough that you know conversational English. To be fluent in the language means being able to understand how to use it in the proper contexts of the culture. You need to show that you can "connect" with other employees in the company.

Try watching more english sitcoms. I promise you it will help.

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
trinatocanada said:
Try watching more english sitcoms. I promise you it will help.
Sounds silly, but it's probably very true.

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many good points were made. I am not going to argue with them.

Ruka, you are asking me almost personal questions. If I replied to them you may have advice for me, which, I have no doubt will be good. But I already know the pitfalls of my situation. Most engineering jobs are in Ontario and I moved out of there. Currently I am in a small community will little opportunities in the best of times and right now high unemployment. This does not mean what I have been writing about is not true, though. :) Before I moved, I had almost a year, during which I had a number of interviews. Sometimes I would go through two interviews for the same job, without getting an offer. It was really odd, considering that my first engineering job in Canada came after my very first interview and at the time I had no professional Canadian experience.

To the guy who asked about the cost of starting a business: There are government programs that can assist you in starting a business. Please keep this in mind. There may be some requirements though, like having worked in the past and having either an active EI claim or an EI claim made in the past 3 years. Those programs are really good, as they will teach you a few things you may not know, plus you will get some money regardless of how much your business makes. To start a business right away you must have very good information on the local competitors, customers, rates and where you stand in all of this. The cost, as it was said, would depend on the type of business and how you would like to start - as home based or renting a store front. Incorporating a business in Canada would cost you about $500. To register a name you pay about $30 and to register the business under this name you pay another $40. If you stop at this point, you will have a sole proprietorship for $70. You will get a lot of tax advantages by having a business.

Trinatocanada, your post and ideas are good. However, Canada is supposedly proud with its multiculturalism. If that is the case, I see no reason why I have to change the way I say "Hi" just to make somebody like me better. If we are so eager to accept the culture (or the lack of it), bit by bit there will be nothing left of us.