rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi folks,

Just wondering, is it just me or the CIC processing time for applications (specially after MRs) has been dramatically slowed down since the last bank holiday?

Seniors, Toby, Roth, etc. I would love to have your input on this.

Cheers.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Re: Just wondering!

One possibility is that the members of the forum/info on the spreadsheet tracker is a skewed sample of all applicants.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014

MenicMonday said:
One possibility is that the members of the forum/info on the spreadsheet tracker is a skewed sample of all applicants.
Yeah but still it doesn't answer my question! Don't you feel they have slowed down the processing to some portion?

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014

What I meant was there might be other applicants ahead of members of this forum which were being processed and we know nothing about.

Don't want to get technical, but for me, slowed down is for CIC not meeting their "regulatory timeline" which is ~13 months.
What I observed though (from data coming from members of the forum) that email requests sometimes arrive in spurts. While some have received requests within 6 months, it may happen that nothing is heard from them 8 months in for some applicants and all of a sudden you receive all last steps (RPRF/Medicals/etc), then get your PR in 9 months.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014

MenicMonday said:
What I meant was there might be other applicants ahead of members of this forum which were being processed and we know nothing about.

Don't want to get technical, but for me, slowed down is for CIC not meeting their "regulatory timeline" which is ~13 months.
What I observed though (from data coming from members of the forum) that email requests sometimes arrive in spurts. While some have received requests within 6 months, it may happen that nothing is heard from them 8 months in for some applicants and all of a sudden you receive all last steps (RPRF/Medicals/etc), then get your PR in 9 months.
True, I completely agree with you. But last month I was witnessing people getting MRs so fast and the PPrs a week after their MRs, but these last two weeks were slow. I got my MR on a Saturday night, so I know they work at weekends too and you can never predict their timing. But for some reason I just feel they have slowed down dramatically. Maybe I'm wrong. Thanks for the info MenicMonday.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014

You're right. Using the example I gave above, it could appear that they slowed down if you compare at a micro-level (interval by interval), but overall (macro level), I can say that it has sped-up as a lot of the people here finished the process in less than the published time.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014

BTW, I just read somewhere in the forum that even the return of passports with visa is taking a couple of days more than the usual (at least for the person posting it).

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed Recived on 11-07-2013
IELTS Request
Included with App

i do feel the same ... things have slowed down a bit .. maybe officers are taking summer vacations :D ...

any idea how many applicants a month the CIC r receiving?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014

MenicMonday said:
BTW, I just read somewhere in the forum that even the return of passports with visa is taking a couple of days more than the usual (at least for the person posting it).
Yeah, this is why I posted this. I can see they have slowed down somehow. I read somewhere else that the new skilled worker programme applications rushing in, could be a cause of the delay too.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014

I do hope that if they indeed slowed down, it's mainly due to the catch-up for our friends/brothers who were left behind, especially those near or have exceeded the 13 month timeline.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014

CECapplicantXX said:
any idea how many applicants a month the CIC r receiving?
Na, I don't know mate! Maybe 100 under CEC?! That's a tough question. All I know is that officers do not spend too much time on application. They just create deadlines for checking the stages. If the applicant found eligible on each stage then it goes to the next stage.

I just hope there is no strike or anything like last year. Cause last year it took them almost 4 months to get out of the strike.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014

MenicMonday said:
I do hope that if they indeed slowed down, it's mainly due to the catch-up for our friends/brothers who were left behind, especially those near or have exceeded the 13 month timeline.
I like the sound of that. :)

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed Recived on 11-07-2013
IELTS Request
Included with App

rezafc said:
I like the sound of that. :)
same here :)!

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Do not take in to account the "13 month" time frame, if you are thinking about the processing of CEC. It is last year's time frame. It does not show current trend.

Yes CEC process has slowed down. People have gotten PR with in 6-8 months in last few months. But it seems slowly the wait time is increasing.

I feel the average wait time will be 10 months at the end. So just hang in there.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
iamroth said:
Do not take in to account the "13 month" time frame, if you are thinking about the processing of CEC. It is last year's time frame. It does not show current trend.

Yes CEC process has slowed down. People have gotten PR with in 6-8 months in last few months. But it seems slowly the wait time is increasing.

I feel the average wait time will be 10 months at the end. So just hang in there.
Trying my best mate, trying my best! Thanks for the info! I thought so too! Hope this all ends soon. Wish all of us good luck. Truly.