Just trying to help

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mavrick09in said:
Dear Mitali,
Nice n vry usefull post. Just wondering I will be coming to Vancouver in may & we are a family of 4. We will be carrying CAD 23000 & my query is that do all the family members need to fill the POF or only one person can fill on behalf or them. Also revert POF & currency declaration are 2 diff forms or same.
Kindly revert
I think its too late to answer your query...sorryyyyyyyy....I am sure you have already been helped.

Only the Principal applicant fills the declaration form on behalf of the dependents. POF and Currency declaration (you will get this in Flight) forms are different.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For Applicants with NO Canadian address for PR card delivery

This is for friends who do not have a mailing address in Canada where their PR cards could be delivered. The UPS Canada provides a mailbox which has a Legal address instead of a mail box number. Your mail can only be retrieved by you or by a person authorised by you. The tricky part is, if the PR card is not delivered to you (if you happen to leave before they arrive), then you will have to make special arrangements/procure travel documents when you plan to return to Canada.

http://www.theupsstore.ca/mailbox-rental-services.html

The link below is to check the current processing times to get a PR CARD:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

For more information, if it has been longer than the timelines shown above you may contact at IPMB-GPI @ cic.gc.ca.

Mitali

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
For Applicants with NO Canadian address for PR card delivery

This is for friends who do not have a mailing address in Canada where their PR cards could be delivered. The UPS Canada provides a mailbox which has a Legal address instead of a mail box number. Your mail can only be retrieved by you or by a person authorised by you. The tricky part is, if the PR card is not delivered to you (if you happen to leave before they arrive), then you will have to make special arrangements/procure travel documents when you plan to return to Canada.

http://www.theupsstore.ca/mailbox-rental-services.html

The link below is to check the current processing times to get a PR CARD:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

For more information, if it has been longer than the timelines shown above you may contact at IPMB-GPI @ cic.gc.ca.

Mitali
Very helpful and informative posts sis..............+1

Ar.Sid

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Apr-2011
Doc's Request.
13-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
25-Aug-2011
Med's Request
25-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
30-Nov-2011
Interview........
Waived :)
Passport Req..
25-Nov-2011, eCas changed to 'Decision Made' on 06 Feb'12
VISA ISSUED...
03-Feb-2012 :) :) :)
LANDED..........
26-Jun-2012 :-)
Fantastic info as always :)
+1 for u
Rgds,
Ar.Sid aka Siddi :)

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jewellery packing is one of the most popular questions that I have been asked to answer. Based on my personal experience, here it is:

We all know how these days there are reports of thefts at the checking point and how these thefts go un noticed even when checked on Security camera…..apparently there are some areas where the Camera cannot capture the “proceedings happening” at the Luggage screening point. So the so called “Officers” take anything that is easily within their grabs.
Once the luggage is screened and found to have Jewellery, you may be asked to show the same to the officers…but not always. To prevent “grabbing of jewellery” , this is what I did:

IN HAND PURSE:

1. I had a large hand bag
2. Packed the jewellery in box and wrapped in plastic
3. Placed the package at the bottom of the purse
4. Secured the package with safety pins to the purse

IN SUITACASE: Carry on luggage

1. The suitcases are separated from the inner part by a zipped cloth
2. I used the space in between the cloth and the plastic of the suitcase
3. Wrap the jewellery as mentioned above
4. Secure it with safety pins.
5. If you are not comfortable keeping the jewellery in the suitcase after checking, you may remove it after screening and transfer to your hand purse and stow it below the seat when in flight

Hope this helps…..

Mitali

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
mitali said:
Thanks.....

;D ;D ;D

Mitali

Hi ,

Do we need to bring all jewelrs , as i thinking to leave them in my India bank locker , will bring pics and original receipt for landing process .

To be honest I dont feel save and comfortable to keep all jewlrs during first couple of years till living in rented house .
Mist will bring - 5-6 rings ,couple of chain, earings and 1 neckless (wife) and i just my platinum wedding ring.

Remaining all jwlrs will be leaving at our indian bank locker .

But as defi bring them in past so will include it in our landing docs . Is that ok or you need to bring them with you .

(approx 500 gm of gold and diamond jewelrs will be staying behind ). And bringing only approx 100 gm while landing .

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquib said:
Hi ,

Do we need to bring all jewelrs , as i thinking to leave them in my India bank locker , will bring pics and original receipt for landing process .

To be honest I dont feel save and comfortable to keep all jewlrs during first couple of years till living in rented house .
Mist will bring - 5-6 rings ,couple of chain, earings and 1 neckless (wife) and i just my platinum wedding ring.

Remaining all jwlrs will be leaving at our indian bank locker .

But as defi bring them in past so will include it in our landing docs . Is that ok or you need to bring them with you .

(approx 500 gm of gold and diamond jewelrs will be staying behind ). And bringing only approx 100 gm while landing .
No need to bring if u dont want to. But add the pics of them in your b4a form...or else you will be taxed for it later.

Mitali

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
Jewellery packing is one of the most popular questions that I have been asked to answer. Based on my personal experience, here it is:

We all know how these days there are reports of thefts at the checking point and how these thefts go un noticed even when checked on Security camera.....apparently there are some areas where the Camera cannot capture the “proceedings happening” at the Luggage screening point. So the so called “Officers” take anything that is easily within their grabs.
Once the luggage is screened and found to have Jewellery, you may be asked to show the same to the officers...but not always. To prevent “grabbing of jewellery” , this is what I did:

IN HAND PURSE:

1. I had a large hand bag
2. Packed the jewellery in box and wrapped in plastic
3. Placed the package at the bottom of the purse
4. Secured the package with safety pins to the purse

IN SUITACASE: Carry on luggage

1. The suitcases are separated from the inner part by a zipped cloth
2. I used the space in between the cloth and the plastic of the suitcase
3. Wrap the jewellery as mentioned above
4. Secure it with safety pins.
5. If you are not comfortable keeping the jewellery in the suitcase after checking, you may remove it after screening and transfer to your hand purse and stow it below the seat when in flight

Hope this helps.....

Mitali

Hi mitali,

great info,thanks for this post.i need small clarification here, will there b screening again after baggage collection? i hv noticed this in certain airports.

i need some info reg locker:
1.How soon one can procure locker? esp in toronto.
2.What r the charges?
3.How safe r these lockers in comparision to indian lockers.

Tks & BR
Art.

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Thanks Mitali! Very helpful indeed :) +1 for you

Ammaar

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
Hello friends and mitali,
Though I have been in this forum, I just happened to see this page 'just trying to help' today only. It is so nice to see that you extend so much help. It really helps new oers a lot when they need information. I have landed with m husband on April 6th and like the place.

About locker, if you go to Scotia bank to open account they will straight away give u locker (a small one) good enough to keep jewllery. This facility is free for 1 year. After 1 year you will need t pay for locer.

I wish al the best for all new comers. We are currently in the process of job hunting ad keeping fingers crossed to get something soon.

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
Great notion. great help,
highly appreciated,
+1 for you
keep doing the good work,
warm regards,

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lika said:
Hello friends and mitali,
Though I have been in this forum, I just happened to see this page 'just trying to help' today only. It is so nice to see that you extend so much help. It really helps new oers a lot when they need information. I have landed with m husband on April 6th and like the place.

About locker, if you go to Scotia bank to open account they will straight away give u locker (a small one) good enough to keep jewllery. This facility is free for 1 year. After 1 year you will need t pay for locer.

I wish al the best for all new comers. We are currently in the process of job hunting ad keeping fingers crossed to get something soon.
Hi lika,
Thanks for info, do u hv any idea abt locker charges after 1 yr with scotia bank or any other bank.
My best wishes to u and ur family.
Rgds,
Art.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
mitali said:
No need to bring if u dont want to. But add the pics of them in your b4a form...or else you will be taxed for it later.

Mitali
Thanks

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
No art2012 I did not ask about that. I must ask also about it when I go to best to the bank. I have account in Scotia bank and it is quite good. Do not know about other banks. Take care.