+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just thought of sharing this information about my citizenship application

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randypandy said:
Thanks Professional 1 for your detailed experience you had with Oath.

Would you mind telling us on the test day do CO verify our Original documents separtley with oeach applicant (spouse) or they ask you both to join at same time for the interview ?

randy
I really have no idea about this issue, as I was a single applicant. However, as far as I remember during the test day, I didn't see more than one person being interviewed each time they called names.

It was even one seat only per desk for applicants to sit while being interviewed.

My guess, is that it is being done saparetly. However , wait for someone who had an actuall experience in it to give you an accurate answer.

Good luck.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Professional :)

professional 1 said:
I really have no idea about this issue. As I was a single applicant. However, as far as I remember during the test day, I didn't see more than one person being interviewed each time they called names.

It was even one seat only per desk for applicants to sit while being interviewed.

My guess, is that is being done saparetly. However , wait for someone who had an actuall experience in it to give you an accurate answer.

Good luck.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
professional 1 said:
It was actually so simple. I brought my passports and IDs as it says in the invitation letter. However, the officer who lined us up said "only prepare the following in hand to check in:

- Your invitation letter first page

- The second page filled in with the Oath date and your signature

- The PR card original

- The landing paper or Conformation of PR original

- She said " I don't wanna see your passport or anything else"

- She started checking us in one by one looking at the above mentioned documents

- She said everyone can bring one person with him as a visitor, but they have to check in together with the applicant in the line up

- She asked us to write down our seat numbers on the second page before we check in

- They asked us to hand in the the PR card and second page of the Oath letter signed/dated at the desk by the door

- We put all the PR cards in one basket on that desk then were told to find our seat by the numbers written on them

- The numbers are written on the packages on top of each seat for each applicant, or on the top left corner of the seat arm itself facing the seat.

After everyone is being seated, they will count the number of the available empty seats. Then, will allow more of the family members and friends to get in as they have done with me.

An officer will explain the ceremonies procedure to all applicants in general after everyone is seated. You are allowed to take pictures or even vedios of the ceremonies as long as you are still sitting and not disturbing the ceremonies.

They were very strict at the door during the check in regarding the PR card and landing document. I remember 2 family members who did not speak English well being denied an access to the Oath room.

They were an eldery couple, with everything in hand except the landing papers. The officer kept asking about it and they kept giving her other documents.

Then she said " sorry, if you don't have it, you cannot come in", and denied them access.

They went back to their family members waiting on the seats outside of the room and were given the landing papers from an envelop with them.

Afterwards, they came back to the officer, showed her the documents and were allowed in. The officer asked everyone to stand up once the judge steps in the room , and then sit when told so by her,

She asked us to listen to the judge , repeat what he asks us to say after him in both languages English and French. There is a document within the package on your seat that is got the Oath script on it, and another one that has the national anthem.

The judge was very cool guy and had a sense of humour. He started saying:

"Listen all, this is my fourth session during the day and I wanna get out of here as soon as possible and go home to eat and rest". He said lets make it fast and laughed.

He gave the speech about Canada, it's history, and the meaning of being a Canadian citizen. He said, "I am sure that some of you are wondering as to why the hell did we come to this country that has endless snow" and laughed.

He said, "but I am sure it is worth it"

He said, " Iam sure it wasn't an easy process to reach this point and become a Canadian citizen today" which is true.

Then he told as to repeat the Oath after him while we were all standing in both languages. He said not to worry about it if we cannot understand either of the languages. He said just try to repeat what you hear from me if you cannot understand it, which we all did.

I don't understand French, but was able to repeat after him.

While saying the Oath, we have to be all standing raising the right hand. If anyone wanted to have a holy book during the Oath, they were welcomed to do it by carrying the book on the left hand and keep raising the right hand.

After we were done with the Oath, we were all asked to get ready to be called one by one to receive citizenship certificate and shake hand with the judge.

All of us have to line up through the right side of the room as our turns get closer. Then, walk the opposit way to sign a paper that we did the Oath and received the certificate. It is basically an attendance paper and must be signed. Afterwards, we all took seats again getting ready to sing the national anthem.

After we were done, they announced the ceremonies to be complete and allowed taking pictures with the judge.

They didn't take or stamp the conformation of PR. I asked the officer about it before I left, and she said no we don't need it. She advised me to keep it as it is gonna be important for my pension in the future.

They give you one Canada flag per applicant included with the package on your seat .

One thing that really annoyed me in that day was respecting the line up for the check in. In the test day, the process was so organized - first come - first served.

However, in the ceremonies day, people started lining up in a second, third, fourth lines right beside you and walk in whichever way they wanted.This made me and other applicants stand there for so long waiting because so many people has no respect for the line up.

Officers actually didn't care about this issue.

I arrived like 2 hours ahead, and the people who showed up at the last moment were checked in way before I did, as they didn't bother to wait in any line up.

Other than that, everything else was great.

That was it.
Thanks a lot for such detailed information. I can not wait to have my Oath! Will keep you updated on my progress :)

Oh, talking about snow, it took us almost 9 hours to get from Ottawa to Toronto. So many accidents on highway today (the 401), huge traffic - did not expect bad weather today!

Take care.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
Thanks a lot for such detailed information. I can not wait to have my Oath! Will keep you updated on my progress :)

Oh, talking about snow, it took us almost 9 hours to get from Ottawa to Toronto. So many accidents on highway today (the 401), huge traffic - did not expect bad weather today!

Take care.
Yeah, I have noticed that this winter is full of snow. As long as it does not cause delays in your application processing time, it is fine.

Hope to hear your good news soon.

Good luck.

Sternchen

Feb 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
LANDED..........
19-04-2010
Congratulations, professional1!

It's been a while that I posted, but wanted to update you guys on my timeline!

Application received: Oct. 30, 2012
In process: Mar. 14, 2013
Test Date: Feb. 12, 2014
Office is Hamilton

Have a great day!

Kummy29

Aug 9, 2011
Iowa,USA
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
17-09-2010
IELTS Request
10-01-2010
File Transfer...
05-10-2011
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April-04,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 13, 2012
LANDED..........
28-May,2012
Professional1,

Thanks for your notes. Did you apply for citizenship in Ontario ?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sternchen said:
Congratulations, professional1!

It's been a while that I posted, but wanted to update you guys on my timeline!

Application received: Oct. 30, 2012
In process: Mar. 14, 2013
Test Date: Feb. 12, 2014
Office is Hamilton

Have a great day!
Congratulations on your receiving your test date and wish you all the best.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kummy29 said:
Professional1,

Thanks for your notes. Did you apply for citizenship in Ontario ?
Thanks Kummy29,

Yes from Ontarion, and the processing office was Scarborough.

Kummy29

Aug 9, 2011
Iowa,USA
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
17-09-2010
IELTS Request
10-01-2010
File Transfer...
05-10-2011
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April-04,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 13, 2012
LANDED..........
28-May,2012
On an average it takes closer to 2 years to get the Citizenship, am i right ?

Can we apply for citizenship and leave the country (say to USA or India) ?

Also, I hear a lot about new citizenship rules and read 2-3 articles on paper too. will the 4 years out of 5 years rule apply for existing PR's or new PR's ?

loonytoon44

Apr 29, 2014
Hey there! Thought I would share my status.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 12, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 12, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on March 15, 2013.

I contacted the CIC call center and they informed me that they had sent my application to Edmonton in Oct 2013. Obviously things are either really slow or something is wrong that I know nothing about.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whats the Local Office?

loonytoon44 said:
Hey there! Thought I would share my status.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 12, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 12, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on March 15, 2013.

I contacted the CIC call center and they informed me that they had sent my application to Edmonton in Oct 2013. Obviously things are either really slow or something is wrong that I know nothing about.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
being a resident of Canada for 20 years and applying for Citizenship very rescent may trigger a RQ.
Please keep us all posted on your application.

Wish you the very best!

loonytoon44 said:
My local office is Edmonton as that is where I reside. Been in Canada 20 years.