Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
abscott said:
Hi...Do we really need to do that in the IMM5406 Additional Family Information: "in this form you do list your spouse, all children, parents, and all siblings including half and step-siblings, even if they are Canadian citizens or PRs, and even though they will not be coming to Canada with you."?

I only include my two sons.Why?What happen if we don't include the rest?
Yes, you have to fill out the form as they ask. If you don't, CIC will send it back to you and ask you to do it correctly.

ilovekj

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
mrsldr said:
same here. my husband is PR and im working here in dubai. till now we're not yet done in gathering all the documents.. how about you?
Still on the process of gathering docs.. skype chatlogs are driving me insane.. compiling 2yrs worth of chat and call logs.. its getting stressful day by day. when do you plan to submit your application?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Hey mrslrd and ilovejk,

All of us on the Filipino threads have been asked for either a CENOMAR (from before your marriage) or an AOM (advisory on marriage, which you will get if you are married and order a CENOMAR)

One of the two documents is necessary.. they don't write it very clearly in the document checklist.

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
from ADVO- December 09, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
to ADVO- September 30, 2013
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
april 29, 2014. Passport sent back to me: May 6, 2014
LANDED..........
July.........
ilovekj said:
Still on the process of gathering docs.. skype chatlogs are driving me insane.. compiling 2yrs worth of chat and call logs.. its getting stressful day by day. when do you plan to submit your application?
Oh yes! For us two years also. One of the member here suggested to use quick screen shot which you can download. Im done with fb messages and chat logs with his family members but i still need to include ym and skype logs too!!! I'm not yet done with medicals police clearance. Hopefully by july we can submit the complete application. How about you?

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July.........
Steph C said:
Hey mrslrd and ilovejk,

All of us on the Filipino threads have been asked for either a CENOMAR (from before your marriage) or an AOM (advisory on marriage, which you will get if you are married and order a CENOMAR)

One of the two documents is necessary.. they don't write it very clearly in the document checklist.
I read about this cenomar thing from the other forums. Do i need to get a new one since i still have the old copy which i got before marriage. Is it okay to use the old one? I got it on august 2012.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
mrsldr said:
I read about this cenomar thing from the other forums. Do i need to get a new one since i still have the old copy which i got before marriage. Is it okay to use the old one? I got it on august 2012.
I think the old one is fine. They just need one or the other. But I guess they will need your Marriage Certificate as well. If you don't include CENOMAR they will definitely ask for AOM. AOM and Marriage cert are different..

ilovekj

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
mrsldr said:
Oh yes! For us two years also. One of the member here suggested to use quick screen shot which you can download. Im done with fb messages and chat logs with his family members but i still need to include ym and skype logs too!!! I'm not yet done with medicals police clearance. Hopefully by july we can submit the complete application. How about you?
how did you organize your facebook chatlogs? did you copy paste it on word?

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July.........
ilovekj said:
how did you organize your facebook chatlogs? did you copy paste it on word?
what i did is quick screen capture which you need to download. then after saving everything i copy paste it in ms word and per picture there is translation since all our conversation is written in tagalog. Only selected messages i have included like every month 2-3 conversations. It will show that we have continuous communication. in skype with did the same thing.

ilovekj

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
mrsldr said:
what i did is quick screen capture which you need to download. then after saving everything i copy paste it in ms word and per picture there is translation since all our conversation is written in tagalog. Only selected messages i have included like every month 2-3 conversations. It will show that we have continuous communication. in skype with did the same thing.
Is it required to translate every chat logs? coz me and hubby talk in tagalog as well

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If you submit something that is not English or French it has to be translated. If it is not, it will not be considered. The likelihood of a Canadian Foreign Service Officer being able to read Tagalog is very low. Even if he or she can, if the case goes to an appeal, the judge will not be able to, and will not accept this evidence.
But of course it costs too much to translate it all. The best solution is to select a small number of chats (or emails, etc.) from the whole length of your relationship and get just those translated. Officially, you need it done by a certified translator. Because of the cost, many people on this forum have had such 'extra' evidence translated informally - by a friend, or someone they know who can do it even if not a certified translator. It is best if you do not do it yourself or have a family member do it, because CIC does not (again, officially) accept such translations. People who have done this with chats and emails have never reported a problem. (The only time I have seen a problem is during an appeal, where the judge refused to accept evidence that had been translated by the sponsor's son.)

For official documents, get a certified translator, though.

chasley

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
(5) Identity documents
• Original NSO Birth Certificate
• Copy of passport ‘s data page for all accompanying family
members only
You and each of your family
members

hi i need your answers.. please... is this requirements only for those who will accompany to canada? because it is not stated that ( whether accompanying you to Canada or not).. my sisters are already in canada last year but not yet PR...please help me thanks

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
chasley said:
(5) Identity documents
• Original NSO Birth Certificate
• Copy of passport ‘s data page for all accompanying family
members only
You and each of your family
members

hi i need your answers.. please... is this requirements only for those who will accompany to canada? because it is not stated that ( whether accompanying you to Canada or not).. my sisters are already in canada last year but not yet PR...please help me thanks
Your sisters are not `family members`according to the definition CIC uses. For CIC, family members means your spouse or partner, and children. You do not have to include birth certificates or passport copies from your sisters.