Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
april 29, 2014. Passport sent back to me: May 6, 2014
LANDED..........
July.........
I'm a newbie here. Just got married on December 2012. I'm working here in Dubai and my husband is living in canada with his family (on PR). I have read all the forums about the processing time for spousal sponsorship and it gets me crazier everyday! Thinking about how we could be together as soon as possible. We already started answering some forms and gathering data. So if somebody could help me about the following:

1. In the application form -GENERIC APPLICATION FORM TO CANADA
- do i need to include all my family members in the application even if they will not accompany me to canada?

2. If I don't have any answers in the question do i need to leave it blank or put n/a.

3. Do i need to have a separate folder for all the documents like wedding photos, letters, bills, skype/fb/ym messages and calls? or while answering the questions in SPONSORED SPOUSE/PARTNER QUESTIONNAIRE question 19 onwards i can do it by bullets with pictures or in narration type of answer?

It would be a lot help if somebody can answer my questions... thanks in advance! ;D ;D ;D

laura8388

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Hi! Yes you need the details of all family members even if they arent coming to Canada.

I put n/a or 'none' when there was no answer... just so they didn't think I had missed the question.

I had a seperate folder with all the photos and 'relationship proof' ... not sure if that's the right way to do it, but as long as they are in there somewhere, it should be ok! Any pictures you can put in there are good! Some people went crazy with hundreds of pics, I only had about 10 ... I don't know if there is a correct answer to how many :)

Good luck!

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
quality, not quantity :D

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
mrsldr said:
I'm a newbie here. Just got married on December 2012. I'm working here in Dubai and my husband is living in canada with his family (on PR). I have read all the forums about the processing time for spousal sponsorship and it gets me crazier everyday! Thinking about how we could be together as soon as possible. We already started answering some forms and gathering data. So if somebody could help me about the following:

- do i need to include all my family members in the application even if they will not accompany me to canada?

2. If I don't have any answers in the question do i need to leave it blank or put n/a.

3. Do i need to have a separate folder for all the documents like wedding photos, letters, bills, skype/fb/ym messages and calls? or while answering the questions in SPONSORED SPOUSE/PARTNER QUESTIONNAIRE question 19 onwards i can do it by bullets with pictures or in narration type of answer?

It would be a lot help if somebody can answer my questions... thanks in advance! ;D ;D ;D
1-Yes
2-N/A is fine
3-the instructions will tell you in what order things go. ALL of your information goes together in the same envelope/box. But I did put in colored "separator" pages, to match what the instructions had for order. I rubber banded my pics (about 50 in total) but I separated them by type (engagement, wedding, this outing, that outing, meeting parents) and I wrote on the back of them of what they were and dates. I put the skype print-outs with the pics as well, paper-clipped together.

I would answer the Sponsorship questionnairre as concise as possible, leaving the pics for when they're asked for, in the order the instructions tell you to put them. IF you can't get all of what you want to say in the box provided, put "see attached" and attach another page, specific for that form.

I would find a forum specific to your country for others going through the process or who have already successfully done it, or start one. And there should be one for the month you apply as well (or start one! :) ) The collective knowledge here is amazing.

Good luck!

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
from ADVO- December 09, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
to ADVO- September 30, 2013
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July.........
hi laura! thanks for the information. did you started already? or submitted the application? maybe it doesn't matter if how many pictures you will send as long as the relationship is genuine :) :)

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July.........
Tullysgirl said:
1-Yes
2-N/A is fine
3-the instructions will tell you in what order things go. ALL of your information goes together in the same envelope/box. But I did put in colored "separator" pages, to match what the instructions had for order. I rubber banded my pics (about 50 in total) but I separated them by type (engagement, wedding, this outing, that outing, meeting parents) and I wrote on the back of them of what they were and dates. I put the skype print-outs with the pics as well, paper-clipped together.

I would answer the Sponsorship questionnairre as concise as possible, leaving the pics for when they're asked for, in the order the instructions tell you to put them. IF you can't get all of what you want to say in the box provided, put "see attached" and attach another page, specific for that form.

I would find a forum specific to your country for others going through the process or who have already successfully done it, or start one. And there should be one for the month you apply as well (or start one! :) ) The collective knowledge here is amazing.

Good luck!
thanks dear :) i'm very happy that someone replied to my query. have you started already? or still processing? i don't know how and where to start!

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July.........

laura8388

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
mrsldr said:
hi laura! thanks for the information. did you started already? or submitted the application? maybe it doesn't matter if how many pictures you will send as long as the relationship is genuine :) :)
Yep, we were married in October, took me a while to gather everything required (police clearance i got first, then waited for birth certificate / letters from families / medical /etc) then once i had that all together, my police clearance was more than 3 months old and had to reapply for that!... such a process but we submitted in March. Got the email saying it was being processed, but thats all so far :) Good luck!

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
mrsldr said:
thanks dear :) i'm very happy that someone replied to my query. have you started already? or still processing? i don't know how and where to start!
I just finished on Friday-got my COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency). Now all I have to do is "land" by July 29th and I'm in like flin.

The first thing to do is find a thread here in the forums that has others from the same country as your applying from. I got on the US Outland thread. TONS of help from those who have gone before, successfully! Then, get yourself familiar (and maybe print off) with the forms and instructions you're required to submit, from the CIC website, based on your country of origin and your situation (your hubby is a PR living in Canada and you're not?). It is country specific.

Once you're close to getting your paperwork filled out (including all you need to send in such as proof of your relationship like pics, emails, IMs, Skypes, etc...) and sent in, that's when you should do your Medicals. Medicals are only good for one year. OR, you could wait for CIC to ask for it. This is where someone from your country could offer better advice. :)

The CIC website has changed since I first applied last year. It was a challenge to navigate then even. Here's the link for the Sponsorship http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp You will need to know the ins and outs of this step as well as your paperwork. THIS is why finding those with experience here is so vital. They really help navigate the muddy waters.

It's a long and often frustrating process, so get some tea/coffee and settle into a comfy chair. Deep breathing exercises help too. ;)

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July.........
laura8388 said:
Yep, we were married in October, took me a while to gather everything required (police clearance i got first, then waited for birth certificate / letters from families / medical /etc) then once i had that all together, my police clearance was more than 3 months old and had to reapply for that!... such a process but we submitted in March. Got the email saying it was being processed, but thats all so far :) Good luck!
We're still on the stage of gathering all the documents. I can't sleep properly thinking on how to start and finish all the papers and documents needed :( btw where in canada is your partner staying? :)

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July.........
Tullysgirl said:
I just finished on Friday-got my COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency). Now all I have to do is "land" by July 29th and I'm in like flin.

The first thing to do is find a thread here in the forums that has others from the same country as your applying from. I got on the US Outland thread. TONS of help from those who have gone before, successfully! Then, get yourself familiar (and maybe print off) with the forms and instructions you're required to submit, from the CIC website, based on your country of origin and your situation (your hubby is a PR living in Canada and you're not?). It is country specific.

Once you're close to getting your paperwork filled out (including all you need to send in such as proof of your relationship like pics, emails, IMs, Skypes, etc...) and sent in, that's when you should do your Medicals. Medicals are only good for one year. OR, you could wait for CIC to ask for it. This is where someone from your country could offer better advice. :)

The CIC website has changed since I first applied last year. It was a challenge to navigate then even. You will need to know the ins and outs of this step as well as your paperwork. THIS is why finding those with experience here is so vital. They really help navigate the muddy waters.

It's a long and often frustrating process, so get some tea/coffee and settle into a comfy chair. Deep breathing exercises help too. ;)
good to hear that! I started reading forums from here since January and reading all the guidelines on how to answer all the questions. even all the documents needed i know already. its just that sometimes i have this thinking maybe what i'm answering is wrong and will affect the processing time once we submit the application. Thats why i decided to make a topic so somebody can help me. haha such a newbie! :) :) Any suggestion from your side will be much appreciated :))

laura8388

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
mrsldr said:
We're still on the stage of gathering all the documents. I can't sleep properly thinking on how to start and finish all the papers and documents needed :( btw where in canada is your partner staying? :)
We are in Alberta, I am the foreigner :) I am from New Zealand, he is Canadian. We are here to help, so let us know any issues you have! One stage at a time, and utilize that Document Checklist to make sure you have everything completed, and check, and double check every page is signed where it's needed!
Where abouts are you?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
mrsldr said:
Note for most of the forms, when CIC says 'family members' they mean your spouse or common-law/conjugal partner, and your children. They do not mean parents, sisters and brothers, cousins, grandparents, etc. So on the Generic Application Form to Canada, in the 'Dependents' section, you only have to provide details of your dependent children, your spouse, and your spouse's dependent children. And you only have to provide details for them if they are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents. It sounds like you are married to a Canadian PR and have no children. If so, you do not list anyone in the dependents' section of IMM0008.

However, note IMM5406 Additional Family Information: in this form you do list your spouse, all children, parents, and all siblings including half and step-siblings, even if they are Canadian citizens or PRs, and even though they will not be coming to Canada with you.

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July.........
laura8388 said:
We are in Alberta, I am the foreigner :) I am from New Zealand, he is Canadian. We are here to help, so let us know any issues you have! One stage at a time, and utilize that Document Checklist to make sure you have everything completed, and check, and double check every page is signed where it's needed!
Where abouts are you?
Im a filipino and working now in dubai for 2 years. my husband is in toronto with his family. :)

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July.........
canadianwoman said:
Note for most of the forms, when CIC says 'family members' they mean your spouse or common-law/conjugal partner, and your children. They do not mean parents, sisters and brothers, cousins, grandparents, etc. So on the Generic Application Form to Canada, in the 'Dependents' section, you only have to provide details of your dependent children, your spouse, and your spouse's dependent children. And you only have to provide details for them if they are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents. It sounds like you are married to a Canadian PR and have no children. If so, you do not list anyone in the dependents' section of IMM0008.

However, note IMM5406 Additional Family Information: in this form you do list your spouse, all children, parents, and all siblings including half and step-siblings, even if they are Canadian citizens or PRs, and even though they will not be coming to Canada with you.
thank you candianwoman! good you told me as I was starting to fill up the names of my parents and siblings in IMM0008. wer're just starting to fill up those forms and there is too many confusions i have in my mind. Thanks there is a forum like this so somebody can guide us and help us :)