+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just received confusing email from IRCC asking to resubmit all documents

cellomage

Jun 17, 2021
Hi everyone,

My husband (who I am sponsoring) just received a very strange request from IRCC, apparently in response to an enquiry we submitted several months ago.

This is what they sent him:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

• Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Date on which the application was submitted or received,
  • Mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
    • company used,
    • confirmation no.,
  • Complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where the application was sent,
  • Receipt number,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and
  • All documents and information submitted with your previous request."

Below, they quote the enquiry to which they are replying, which was something we submitted two months ago after getting repeated requests to submit the biometrics fee and medical examination, both of which had already been submitted. I sent in the enquiry to let them know. Now, to "better assist us" they're requiring the entire application package? How is this possible?

And to put into more context, since the communication in March, my husband has already completed his biometrics, we've applied for and received receipt of our CSQ application, and he's received a work permit.

Is it possible that there is just a lack of communication somewhere on their end, and this message was sent by mistake, not realizing that his application has since progressed? I can't imagine they lost the entire application package!

Thank you in advance for any guidance. I am thoroughly confused.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
All documents and information submitted with your previous request."

Below, they quote the enquiry to which they are replying, which was something we submitted two months ago after getting repeated requests to submit the biometrics fee and medical examination, both of which had already been submitted. I sent in the enquiry to let them know. Now, to "better assist us" they're requiring the entire application package? How is this possible?
I believe the 'docs submitted with your previous request' is referring to those you submitted to show you'd done the biometrics fee and medical exam, not the entire applicaiton package.

Not certain though, so you might try calling.

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
I got a similar email when trying to update an expired document via the webform. The mistake was mine...I put my first name and last name and not my middle name... all the vital information on the webform must match your file down to the smallest details. They aren't asking for the entire package. The proof you want to submit won't be added is all as some vital data isn't matching their records.

It took them 3 months to send me that same email ... In the end I just mailed in the document along with a copy of my AIP letter and problem solved.

Of course only after that I realized I forgot my middle name...when doing the webform lol.

Of course you can always call to verify but this was my personal experience.

Reactions: armoured

willowo4

Star Member
May 3, 2021
I had the same experience. You need to enter the exact info that matches the info on your application.

Deshnashah

May 20, 2020
Hi, i too received the same mail after two months of updating about my employment, so I just re-submitted the web form, but again received the same auto generated email. So is it that I need to email them ? And on what email ID ? Please help it's very confusing. Thank you.