20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sam_1985 said:
You pay taxes in the country hence you are fully entitled to have a say in the country's politics.... but you can't vote until you are a citizen. By not recognizing any pre-PR time, you simply make the person feel that their contributions mean nothing to the country.

On the healthcare for students point, again you have no clue... I have been a foreign student here for 9 years before becoming PR and always paid health insurance annually (it was actually built into my tuition fees) and had to pay every time I went to see a doctor (and file a claim to get money back from the insurance company) - is that considered free in your books? if so, check the dictionary please.
It is free if you get your money back. It is not free if you don't get 100% back. This is no difference from going to dentist and paying it up front and getting your money back from insurance.

As for feeling "not contributing" that is their problem. It doesn't change the fact that they are contributing their part by paying for fire services, police services, road maintenance, university maintenance, etc etc.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ApMaria said:
Who are the rest of most applicants? There should be an exception I believe . If you become as a PR before June 11th, they may be count time spent before you become PR . Any possibility?
No - there is no exception in the rules for those who became PRs before June 11th. The law applies to everyone.

redstone

Apr 6, 2013
hi Sycilla,,do u think " intent to reside " will be applicable who already submitted application or waiting for test or waiting for oath???

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redstone said:
hi Sycilla,,do u think " intent to reside " will be applicable who already submitted application or waiting for test or waiting for oath???
That's it. The people worrying about this is people intending to reside abroad ;D

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Am so furious and upset. I sent my application via Xpresspost Canada Post on June 3rd, 2015. Unfortunately i got off late from work that day and there was no Fed Ex, DHL courier service close to my residence or place of work. UPS closed that day at 6 o clock and the only postal service open was a Canada Post at Shoppers Drug Mart and it was open till 9 o clock at night.

Every time i spoke to the CIC agents since the last year to as recently as last week on the 2nd of June, 2015 they kept telling me that the new rules will come into effect on July 1st, 2015. I had met my 1095th day in Canada on May 26th, 2015 after accounting for my travels outside Canada in the last 3 years but i deliberately gave myself a buffer of one extra week just to be on the safe side.

I feel like banging my head to the wall now because my tracking number is telling me that my application is going to reach CIC on June 10th, 2015 exactly. Now god knows will it actually get there on this exact date? Could any unforseen circumstances result in my application reaching there on June 11th, 2015 onwards? If it reaches the CIC on June 10th, 2015, what if it gets there in the evening and no one is there to receive it?

Am going to literally eat my fingers nervously anxiously watching the tracking details.

sunnyjupiter

Apr 4, 2015
Don't worry
I am pretty sure your application will arrive by June 9th

:'(
Savak said:
Am so furious and upset. I sent my application via Xpresspost Canada Post on June 3rd, 2015. Unfortunately i got off late from work that day and there was no Fed Ex, DHL courier service close to my residence or place of work. UPS closed that day at 6 o clock and the only postal service open was a Canada Post at Shoppers Drug Mart and it was open till 9 o clock at night.

Every time i spoke to the CIC agents since the last year to as recently as last week on the 2nd of June, 2015 they kept telling me that the new rules will come into effect on July 1st, 2015. I had met my 1095th day in Canada on May 26th, 2015 after accounting for my travels outside Canada in the last 3 years but i deliberately gave myself a buffer of one extra week just to be on the safe side.

I feel like banging my head to the wall now because my tracking number is telling me that my application is going to reach CIC on June 10th, 2015 exactly. Now god knows will it actually get there on this exact date? Could any unforseen circumstances result in my application reaching there on June 11th, 2015 onwards? If it reaches the CIC on June 10th, 2015, what if it gets there in the evening and no one is there to receive it?

Am going to literally eat my fingers nervously anxiously watching the tracking details.

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
sunnyjupiter said:
Don't worry
I am pretty sure your application will arrive by June 9th

:'(
I was wondering if it was worth contacting Canada Post and requesting them to urgently deliver my package which they have currently on a priority basis a day before they are scheduled to deliver with me willing to pay them extra ofcourse. Knowing the bureaucracy in these govt organizations, i fear that will just complicate things and may result in them messing up.

sunnyjupiter

Apr 4, 2015
My advice
Don't

Savak said:
I was wondering if it was worth contacting Canada Post and requesting them to urgently deliver my package which they have currently on a priority basis a day before they are scheduled to deliver with me willing to pay them extra ofcourse. Knowing the bureaucracy in these govt organizations, i fear that will just complicate things and may result in them messing up.

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
sunnyjupiter said:
My advice
Don't
Your probably right, i remember when i submitted my Tax return to Xpresspost Canada Post on April 28th, 2015, i had to send my Tax return to the Sudbury office in Ontario as i was living in Ontario in 2014 and had only moved to Calgary in 2015. They told me then it would take 3 business days and at best would reach on May 1st, 2015 but on tracking the package they got it delivered on April 30th, 2015 exactly so am being optimistic that the same will happen again as well.

umer1

May 25, 2012
:-[ :'(

Landed 11 June 2012
Planing to send application on 13 June 2015 but they changed the rules.

sunnyjupiter

Apr 4, 2015
It will
Just relax
Have a good night

Savak said:
Your probably right, i remember when i submitted my Tax return to Xpresspost Canada Post on April 28th, 2015, i had to send my Tax return to the Sudbury office in Ontario as i was living in Ontario in 2014 and had only moved to Calgary in 2015. They told me then it would take 3 business days and at best would reach on May 1st, 2015 but on tracking the package they got it delivered on April 30th, 2015 exactly so am being optimistic that the same will happen again as well.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Savak said:

I understand you are worried. Now, Canada Post usually give you the estimated day in a very conservative way, so in practice it should arrive the day before, specially if is Xpresspost and not Regular.

About the question regarding delays. I sent my application on March to NS and it got delayed 2 days because of extreme weather, but it was during the winter, at this ime of the year I doubt you will have problems. Check out mine: http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/arimbt/Tracking%20arrived_zpsownjzzbt.jpg

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
crimesinister said:
Time to join our lawsuit then ;D
Why? Because s/he has to wait now a bit longer to become a Canadian citizen?

Wait time in other countries

Germany: 8 years
Switzerland: 12 years
France: 5 years
India: 12 years
Saudi Arabia: NEVER
USA: 5 years
Australia: 4 years

Pathetic that is, your lawsuit.