+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just got US Visa, but will it be multiple entry?

RamR

Apr 16, 2008
My wife just had her US visitor visa appointment in Toronto and was granted a visa. They told her that they would post her passport to her in a week. There were no questions about single or multiple entry so we are unsure which she will get. We want her to receive a multiple entry one. Does anyone have any experience with this?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
RamR said:
My wife just had her US visitor visa appointment in Toronto and was granted a visa. They told her that they would post her passport to her in a week. There were no questions about single or multiple entry so we are unsure which she will get. We want her to receive a multiple entry one. Does anyone have any experience with this?
US normally issues 10 year multiple entry visa.

RamR

Apr 16, 2008
job_seeker said:
US normally issues 10 year multiple entry visa.
Thanks for the quick reply. Is that even without asking? There wasn't much opportunity to ask. Even on the application they ask about a single trip that is planned... hence our concern.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
RamR said:
Thanks for the quick reply. Is that even without asking? There wasn't much opportunity to ask. Even on the application they ask about a single trip that is planned... hence our concern.
The officer determines what type of visa to give. But I have been reading posts from members here and from experiences of the people I know in Canada, they were granted 10 year multiple and they are here as TFWs (the people I know).

Miryam

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
November/2009
RamR said:
job_seeker is right, the IO will determine it. But they normally issue 10 year multiple-entry B1/B2 visa. I know some people who were given less, but most receive the 10 years - including me. And I had only one trip planned to US as well.

A friend of mine was granted with a 10 year visa less than 2 weeks ago in Calgary, and she didn't even have a trip planned hehe :)

Miryam

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
November/2009
RamR said:
My wife just had her US visitor visa appointment in Toronto and was granted a visa. They told her that they would post her passport to her in a week.
Congratulations on your wife getting the visa.