+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just got my PGWP, eligibility for Express entry - FSW vs CEC

theBeard

Feb 26, 2021
Thank you all for responses. I will wait to get my 1 year Canadian experience on pgwp. And then, I will apply for express entry.

I just had one more question. Does the PNP comes after submitting express entry profile or I can apply for both together once I reach one year experience

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your detailed explanation. I guess I will wait till I get my 1 year experience and apply under CEC.

One more question I have is that for applying PNP nomination. Can I only apply after I submit my profile?So it would be like
I wait for one year to be eligible under CEC
then submit my express entry profile
And then apply for PNP

Is that correct?
Depends on the PNP program. Different programs have different requirements. You'll need to research for the province you are working in.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Yea, total was 16 months of co-op. But it goes like this:
8 months of coop NOC A while in school
3 months on non-NOC A part-time while in school
1 month break
8 months co-op NOC A while in school
5 months NOC A part time while in school
2 months NOC A full time on PGWP
The experience needs to be continuous (1-year) and under the same NOC. You are not qualified for FSW yet so there is no point of entering the pool.

yasar1990

Jun 2, 2022
Thank you for your detailed explanation. I guess I will wait till I get my 1 year experience and apply under CEC.

One more question I have is that for applying PNP nomination. Can I only apply after I submit my profile?So it would be like
I wait for one year to be eligible under CEC
then submit my express entry profile
And then apply for PNP

Is that correct?
Hi, so whatsup after a year? Did you create your profile and applied for the PNP yet?

theBeard

Feb 26, 2021
Hi, so whatsup after a year? Did you create your profile and applied for the PNP yet?
I was lucky to be eligible for TR to PR Pathway recent international graduate stream(which probably was a one time thing due to covid) and got PR few months ago.

JerBear123

May 12, 2022
from my understanding, all these experiences can not be claimed because you only have maximum of 8 month continuous full time work. You have to work 10 months more to get 1 year.
I have similar experience as @theBeard. So can I confirm that even if for example I have 8 months coop+4 months part time (under study permit) +6 month full-time all with the same company, doing the same job, with not even a single day of break in my contract, I will still not be eligible for FSW?