+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

just a couple questions for inland sponsorship !

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Hello everyone !! I am planning on sending my application this week but I have two questions.
I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years next month and we have been living together 1 year and 5 months now :)
First, I have my Police check from back home ( Venezuela) that my mom sent to me but it took a little while and by the time I got it I didn't know that it can't be more than 3 months old !! And now my family will be coming to Canada and even if I request a new PC I will still have to wait a while to get it as my country is going super slow on this kinda of requests!! So I was thinking on sending the one I have with an explanation letter saying how long is taking and that I will send the new PC as soon as I get it ! Even if I try to get it through the Venezuelan consulate here in Toronto it says it can take up to 6 months for me to get it. I have a clean record anyways :) would that be a good idea?

Second questions is, Me and my boyfriend did our taxes together as common law at the end of march if I am not mistaken , so I am not providing an Option C print out I am providing our tax return 2014 ( a copy of it) and also providing my boyfriend's T4 of 2014 and a letter of his employer stating what he makes and when he started working there. I will explain on the letter that I will provide the option C print out for our 2014 taxes as soon as we get our notice of assessment and I can request it with Canada revenue.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate any suggestions. I just really wanna get done with this. I will be sending a work permit app with the PR app as well. And to be honest I have never had a problem with CIC always getting everything on time or before the time posted on the website sometimes.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Police checks are now valid for 6 months, if issued from the country where you are now living, and for countries where you once lived, must simply be issued `after' you have left the country where it was issued. CIC's update to this, doesn't say that it's now only valid for 3 months like it did previously. Perhaps that means that there is no expiry now?
You do not need one from the RCMP, unless CIC asks you for one, since they do their own checks on those that are already `living' ;) in Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
(Updated April 23, 2015)

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

The sponsor is required to include the Option C with the sponsorship portion of the application package. He also needs the letter of employment as well.

Since you are applying Inland, if you do include the OWP with the application, prior to your current status expiring, you will have implied status throughout the processing of your PR application; no need to apply to extend your visa.

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
ey I am a bit confused with the PC lol
So it was issued on October 2014 and got the translation on November. I haven't left Canada for 1 year and a half and my last entry was on December 2013. So this means is still valid as I wasn't in the country when it was issued?

Thankks very much !!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since the update was only 2-1/2 weeks ago, it's possible that it doesn't apply to a PCC that would have already been expired on April 22, 2015.

I hate to say it, but you might need to call the CIC Call Centre and hope that you get a correct answer.

Good luck (reaching a human AND getting the right answer)!

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
I will !! But I mean it is the PC can be older than 3 months when you send the app. I haven't send anything and it doesn't say anything on the website either if we put it that way. I have a feeling even when I call they will have no idea. They seem to have no idea of many things every time. Lol thanks tho. I will calk but I will prolly just send it that way anyways as it doesn't specify anything anywhere and it just makes sense. To get a new PC why? I haven't been in my country and it will be the same record anyways . and yeah getting the option C , gonna ask for it tonight well my bf will. And should be good to send this app by next week the latest. So exciting lol

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aleguillen said:
I will !! But I mean it is the PC can be older than 3 months when you send the app. I haven't send anything and it doesn't say anything on the website either if we put it that way. I have a feeling even when I call they will have no idea. They seem to have no idea of many things every time. Lol thanks tho. I will calk but I will prolly just send it that way anyways as it doesn't specify anything anywhere and it just makes sense. To get a new PC why? I haven't been in my country and it will be the same record anyways . and yeah getting the option C , gonna ask for it tonight well my bf will. And should be good to send this app by next week the latest. So exciting lol
Good plan.

Oh...and you should stop referring to him as your bf now; he's your Common-Law partner. ;)