+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June visa applyed any updates

rushcrush

Jul 14, 2018
I'm in the same boat as your friend, man. Can feel him. But kinda feels good to know that he did end up getting the visa in time.

I applied on the 30th of April, MBA in McGill. and Still waiting. I need to be there by 6th of August, as that's when my school starts.. These guys are taking so much time to get a study permit sorted.
Holy macaroni, 30th April?!
McGill's a fantastic university btw and you should be proud of getting an admit there. I think the study permit rules are different for Quebec...you gotta get the CAQ first (which takes a month or so) then go through the federal immigration process just like everyone else right? And like I said in my last comment, I'm not too hopeful about this Fall at all. My reporting date is 1st August and the maximum grace period allowed is only 2 days which means I've to land myself in class positively by the 3rd or I lose my candidature. Do you have your tickets booked? I booked mine 3 months ago for the 30th of July which I now believe has to be cancelled. Anyhoo, keep us posted about your developments, mate!

J2388

Jul 16, 2018
Holy macaroni, 30th April?!
McGill's a fantastic university btw and you should be proud of getting an admit there. I think the study permit rules are different for Quebec...you gotta get the CAQ first (which takes a month or so) then go through the federal immigration process just like everyone else right? And like I said in my last comment, I'm not too hopeful about this Fall at all. My reporting date is 1st August and the maximum grace period allowed is only 2 days which means I've to land myself in class positively by the 3rd or I lose my candidature. Do you have your tickets booked? I booked mine 3 months ago for the 30th of July which I now believe has to be cancelled. Anyhoo, keep us posted about your developments, mate!
Yes, you're right. I got my CAQ April 2nd week, man. And subsequently put forth my visa application on the 30th.

I was thinking that it was quite early, and had booked my tickets for the 14th of July. Was hoping to join a French class before my course begins. How wrong was I. As of now, I've rescheduled my tickets for the 3rd of August. Fingers crossed.

Sad to see the state of affairs of this entire visa process. 12 weeks for a study permit is unheard of.

Gabro

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I applied on 6th June with upfront medical from Mumbai and file is at New delhi. My current status in gc account is .we are reviewing your eligibility but I didnt got any update on medical.its quite strange coz people usually gets medical update first and then they receive eligibility update.

Last edited:

rushcrush

Jul 14, 2018
Yes, you're right. I got my CAQ April 2nd week, man. And subsequently put forth my visa application on the 30th.

I was thinking that it was quite early, and had booked my tickets for the 14th of July. Was hoping to join a French class before my course begins. How wrong was I. As of now, I've rescheduled my tickets for the 3rd of August. Fingers crossed.

Sad to see the state of affairs of this entire visa process. 12 weeks for a study permit is unheard of.
I'm mentally preparing myself for joining in 2019 because it could get rather depressing if it doesn't come in time. Other than that, it is keeping my career on hold. I realise now that I should've probably gone to study in Ireland or Australia instead. Apparently, Australian visas literally take 5-10 mins. Let's hope all of us get it in time to attend our respective universities.

J2388

Jul 16, 2018
I'm mentally preparing myself for joining in 2019 because it could get rather depressing if it doesn't come in time. Other than that, it is keeping my career on hold. I realise now that I should've probably gone to study in Ireland or Australia instead. Apparently, Australian visas literally take 5-10 mins. Let's hope all of us get it in time to attend our respective universities.
Tell me about it. I quit my job way back in May. To relax for a bit. It has been anything but that coz of the visa delay. I really hope it comes through soon.

salome serrao

Jun 16, 2018
My application status is the same since 2 week...hope to receive an reply soon..how many days does it take to hear from them after the medicals is clear as I received my acknowledgement on 10th July and medicals cleared on 3rd July...btw I applied from Blore vfs on 12 June and it's been 37 days now....

snerosh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
o
My application status is the same since 2 week...hope to receive an reply soon..how many days does it take to hear from them after the medicals is clear as I received my acknowledgement on 10th July and medicals cleared on 3rd July...btw I applied from Blore vfs on 12 June and it's been 37 days now....
same here applied from bom.. vfs ssaid its gone to del.. then recvd a ack mail from blore...

Indigrrl

Star Member
Dec 10, 2017
India
I applied on 6th June with upfront medical from Mumbai and file is at New delhi. My current status in gc account is .we are reviewing your eligibility but I didnt got any update on medical.its quite strange coz people usually gets medical update first and then they receive eligibility update.
What is your date of submission? Because the same thing happened with me too. I submitted mine on 20th june.