+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June Non-SDS online Applicants

nirvigna

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Sorry to hear that. Can you tell us a bit about your academic background and the financials you submitted. Generally in non-sds category, these are the clinching factors
I got 7.5/9 in IELTS.
I had a 9.0 CGPA in grade 10th
Scored 87% in grade 12th
I wanted to go to York University, Toronto for the course of Film Productions BFA.
I got in without any problems but Visa f'ed me up.
My father and mother both are working. We earn around 22 lakhs annually and have shown everything on paper. Lots of properties, Assets ties to india.
I even wrote how close I am to my family...
I don't know how can this happen. My consultant says "This was very unlucky of me as I was one of the very few students who are always randomly rejected"

sicklyrhetoric

Jul 3, 2019
I got 7.5/9 in IELTS.
Scored 87% in grade 12th
I wanted to go to York University, Toronto for the course of Film Productions BFA.
My father and mother both are working. We earn around 22 lakhs annually and have shown everything on paper. Lots of properties, Assets ties to india.
I don't know how can this happen. My consultant says "This was very unlucky of me as I was one of the very few students who are always randomly rejected"
Is there a gap post 12th for you? That can sometimes show negatively. Did you intern/work in the same field at all?

So far as properties are concerned, it's not the best idea to solely rely on immovables. The visa officers look for readily convertible/liquid assets.

Ramya30

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Non-SDS Ramya... What about you? I've seen you around in a lot of threads... Are you applying as well?
Any suggestion for how I should reapply?
The reason for ur rejection is "purpose of visit". So, can you answer to these questions?
1. Ur UG course
2. Ur PG course intended to do in Canada
3. Any work experience? If so, on what field?
4. Did u submit ur letter of intent?

nirvigna

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
First of all, try to be calm or else you won’t be able to think clearly. Shit happens in life and things don’t always go according to your plans.

There are still a couple of things you can do -
1. Let your University know about the Visa situation and start exploring the option of deferring your admission.
2. Apply for CAIPS/GCMS to know the exact reason for the refusal. This will take some time.
3. Apply through SDS completing their pre-requisite as soon as possible. It's still possible to get Visa if you apply through SDS by July end.

I couldn't imagine your pain but it's not the end of the world. Take care of yourself.

I would request others to pitch in with their valuable suggestions.
I am obviously not giving up on this... I had so many plans. You know of all the things I'll do there. How I'll go to the beach and stuff. It's really childish if you think about it but dude it hurts.
I am applying SDS on 16th July. 30 days is the deadline for SDS so I think it just might happen.
Hope you get your Visa really soon bro. Keep us posted <3

Swap4u

Star Member
May 13, 2019
I got 7.5/9 in IELTS.
Scored 87% in grade 12th
If you have 7.5 overalll then why u applied for non sds brother ...please go with sds and work on your sop.you will definitely get visa

nirvigna

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
I can understand your feelings because I also got rejected 8th may I mean my Visa applications but I don't took so much stress and applied again on 18 June now I am waiting but understand one thing God have a perfect plan for all of us . Keep faith in God . And crack a good deal with God for your Visa lol hahaha
All the best bro... Did you do SDS or Non-SDS on your second try? Also, what was your reason for rejection?
I am sure you will get approval this time, don't lose hope and keep me posted <3

Bhubesh

Jul 6, 2019
Hey,

I applied for Study Permit via non-SDS and got a refusal letter (as I didn't attach a SoP as it wasn't asked for only in the first place). Now, I sent a mail to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca last Friday requesting them to "Reconsider my Student Visa" and I uploaded all my documents (SoP, Admit Letter, Bank Statement, Transcripts and Marksheets, TOEFL Score Card). I still haven't heard back from them. How long do they generally take to reply? It's been a week for me. I am so scared and screwed. Can someone please help me?

Ramya30

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hey,

I applied for Study Permit via non-SDS and got a refusal letter (as I didn't attach a SoP as it wasn't asked for only in the first place). Now, I sent a mail to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca last Friday requesting them to "Reconsider my Student Visa" and I uploaded all my documents (SoP, Admit Letter, Bank Statement, Transcripts and Marksheets, TOEFL Score Card). I still haven't heard back from them. How long do they generally take to reply? It's been a week for me. I am so scared and screwed. Can someone please help me?
When did u apply and when u got the decision?

Amankaushik1322

Jan 30, 2019
All the best bro... Did you do SDS or Non-SDS on your second try? Also, what was your reason for rejection?
I am sure you will get approval this time, don't lose hope and keep me posted <3
Thanks for you wishes , brother I applied under non sds category 1 year fee plus gic plus 10 lack fd and all hopefully I get my Visa you can join us on wts my number is eight two nine five four seven one nine four nine