+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***June/July 2017**INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP LIVING IN CANADA

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
My timeline is below and we received the OWP last Monday in the mail. We were not able to link the OWP so did not know the status prior so were surprised we got it within 3 months.
Thanks for sharing.

Yes, not everybody can link it. Since you do not have to submit anything through the MyCIC account, it is no necessary to do link the OWP. And because you can't check the process of the OWP through ECAS, is good to have it linked so will know.

I called CIC yesterday and they said that it takes up to 4months for the OWP. So they said I will get mine middle of November. Idk, many people from July this month getting OWPs. I hope I will get mine.

Curious15

Nov 29, 2017
hey guys i applied inland on the 20th of sptember 2017, got my file number a couple days ago.i met my lawyer today asking if i have to submit the police clearance anytime soon because its gonna take sometime since i have to get it through the embassy.the lawyer was like no i dont have to worry about that for now.i was kinda worried bcoz according to cic website they ask for police clearance along with schedule A as soon as you get the file number and connect to their online system.is not submitting the pcc now gonna delay my process? is it okay to submitt it along with the medical reports towards the end of the process(thats what the lawyer thinks) ? is it all good or the lawyer is not taking things serious thats gonna delay my application?please advise

skatological

Jul 13, 2017
hey guys i applied inland on the 20th of sptember 2017, got my file number a couple days ago.i met my lawyer today asking if i have to submit the police clearance anytime soon because its gonna take sometime since i have to get it through the embassy.the lawyer was like no i dont have to worry about that for now.i was kinda worried bcoz according to cic website they ask for police clearance along with schedule A as soon as you get the file number and connect to their online system.is not submitting the pcc now gonna delay my process? is it okay to submitt it along with the medical reports towards the end of the process(thats what the lawyer thinks) ? is it all good or the lawyer is not taking things serious thats gonna delay my application?please advise
I don't know how serious it is or how much it will delay things, but you will be asked to submit your Police Certificates with the Schedule A form, and given a deadline for both. I was told it is okay to submit the PC itself after the deadline (mine didn't arrive until much later), but it's best to submit your Schedule A as soon as possible, along with evidence that you have applied for the PC (i.e., a copy of your application and/or receipt for the tracked package, etc.).

Curious15

Nov 29, 2017
i was expecting that he will ask me to get the pcc ready as soon as they get the file number.when i inquired if i have to submit it now, he said its gonna be with the medical reports and etc thats like 2 years from now.i been following lots of forums and its like it take 16 months for inland but according to my lawyer its solid 2 years.i am just afraid they wont give my application a priority rather take their sweet time which i cannot afford coz they took almost 2 months to send the file when i handed over the case that was almost 90% ready to go.is it okay to change the lawyer now and do it myself? atleast i wont waste time

skatological

Jul 13, 2017
i was expecting that he will ask me to get the pcc ready as soon as they get the file number.when i inquired if i have to submit it now, he said its gonna be with the medical reports and etc thats like 2 years from now.i been following lots of forums and its like it take 16 months for inland but according to my lawyer its solid 2 years.i am just afraid they wont give my application a priority rather take their sweet time which i cannot afford coz they took almost 2 months to send the file when i handed over the case that was almost 90% ready to go.is it okay to change the lawyer now and do it myself? atleast i wont waste time
Well I can't give you any legal advice (and I am not using a lawyer myself), but I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean about being 90% ready to go. As far as I know, almost two months before CIC contacts you with your application number is normal (the advisor I talked to said my AOR, which came in about 6 weeks, was pretty fast). Have you linked your application with your online account? If so, you should have a letter from CIC telling you what to do next (schedule A and pcc). I don't see why you would have to wait for your lawyer to do any of that, but I haven't worked with a lawyer so I don't know how that all works. Anybody else?

Curious15

Nov 29, 2017
i mean the application was filled out and all the supporting documents were there.i applied once but it came back thats why i didnt wanna take risk again since i was running out of time.i agree two months is not a lot of time.can i link my applucation online myself? i didnt know? i thought its the lawyers job to do all that

skatological

Jul 13, 2017
i mean the application was filled out and all the supporting documents were there.i applied once but it came back thats why i didnt wanna take risk again since i was running out of time.i agree two months is not a lot of time.can i link my applucation online myself? i didnt know? i thought its the lawyers job to do all that
Since I haven't worked with a lawyer I guess I can't say for sure, maybe your lawyer is taking care of all that. But as far as I understand it you should be able to link it yourself - it is your personal account. If you want someone (like your lawyer) to represent you and have access to it, you have to give them that access (maybe you did this in the paper application?) but you should still be able to at least access everything yourself online.

Curious15

Nov 29, 2017
hey guys i got a request for PCC from cic and i got until the end of this month to submit it but unfortunately my pcc is running late than the due date.just wanna know if submitting your pcc late gonna effect the process, i mean does it delay it or something? did anyone experience the same situation like me? please advice

Alex8892

Sep 20, 2017
Hi Applied on August 2nd.
Submitted PCC:September 21
Received application no : Nov 8

When will I receive a mail asking for medicals?

skatological

Jul 13, 2017
hey guys i got a request for PCC from cic and i got until the end of this month to submit it but unfortunately my pcc is running late than the due date.just wanna know if submitting your pcc late gonna effect the process, i mean does it delay it or something? did anyone experience the same situation like me? please advice
I had the same thing - I called the cic and was told to submit evidence that you have applied for the PCC (receipt from the post office, copy of the application, etc.) by the due date along with the schedule A form, and when the PCC arrives, submit it via the IRCC webform.

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Hi Applied on August 2nd.
Submitted PCC:September 21
Received application no : Nov 8

When will I receive a mail asking for medicals?
Probably a very long time from now, June (and maybe even May) applicants are still waiting. Just make 100% sure you've sent everything you need to send, maybe call CIC once to confirm that there is nothing wrong. After that, keep yourself busy and maybe check forum/google sheets once a week to see if people that applied around the same time as you. Otherwise stop checking your application. It's the only way to avoid freaking out. Nothing will change for months and months.

Last edited:

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Since I haven't worked with a lawyer I guess I can't say for sure, maybe your lawyer is taking care of all that. But as far as I understand it you should be able to link it yourself - it is your personal account. If you want someone (like your lawyer) to represent you and have access to it, you have to give them that access (maybe you did this in the paper application?) but you should still be able to at least access everything yourself online.
Not really, usually only the lawyer will have the access on GCkey account, because the lawyer is your legal representative and will setup GCkey account on your behave, so that is only the lawyer has the access to that account. But as sponsor and applicant, once you have your case number and UCI, you can always utilize ECAS to check the process of your case, although the information on ECAS will not as detailed as GCkey account.

Reactions: Curious15

skatological

Jul 13, 2017
Not really, usually only the lawyer will have the access on GCkey account, because the lawyer is your legal representative and will setup GCkey account on your behave, so that is only the lawyer has the access to that account. But as sponsor and applicant, once you have your case number and UCI, you can always utilize ECAS to check the process of your case, although the information on ECAS will not as detailed as GCkey account.
Thanks for clarifying! I didn't know that's how it worked when you use a lawyer.

Curious15

Nov 29, 2017
hi guys.first of all thanks for all the wonderful posts by most of you and really appreciated.being an inlander, is it recommended to stay away from your spouse for medical or other reasons? i mean living in canada but different provinces.my wife got some health issues so her mom in saskatchewan want her to go live with her for sometime whereas i am in ontario fulltime employed.please advice if anyone got an idea

Curious15

Nov 29, 2017
thanks.thats exactly how it works.