+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE AOR receivers, CONNECT HERE!

scell

Jan 31, 2011
Just out of curiosity, how many of you who got DM, received ghost email before it? Does everyone receive a ghost email before DM?

ffortuna

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HakikiKanada said:
Received the famous Ghost email just a minute ago..!
In my case I also received the ghost email on a thursday (as far as I remember) and DM on the following day. :)
That said, it may be an indication that CIC does, indeed, send emails in batch!

scell said:
Just out of curiosity, how many of you who got DM, received ghost email before it? Does everyone receive a ghost email before DM?
I received a ghost email one day (or two...) before I got my DM. I guess it happened with most or everybody who got DM.

Himmatist

Jun 29, 2014
What is the purpose of ghost emails that say your application has been updated, but there is actually no update to see on mycic? Does it always portend something good, or it could be otherwise?

I am an inland FSW applicant with Jun AOR. Will complete my signature and let the complete details out, but curious to ask this question before I get time to do that.

Thanks.

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application approved/closed .. Cheers to everyone for their help, and good luck!

GSherriff

Star Member
May 4, 2015
scell said:
I got ghost email yesterday, just checked ECAS and I have DM!!!

AOR 19th June
RPRF paid 16th Sept

Now the wait begins....

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Himmatist said:
What is the purpose of ghost emails that say your application has been updated, but there is actually no update to see on mycic? Does it always portend something good, or it could be otherwise?

I am an inland FSW applicant with Jun AOR. Will complete my signature and let the complete details out, but curious to ask this question before I get time to do that.

Thanks.
Do you remember the movie Matrix? They see "Deja Vu"s when something changes in the system. These ghost e-mails are like that, they do something on your application. So you receive an e-mail which says your application is updated. When you check, you see nothing. It can be anything but at this late of the process it is usually DM.

Adi_16

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ffortuna said:
Thanks for the support! I hope to receive good news from CIC as soon as possible (great anxiety here!)!

About the forum issue, unfortunately under "Modify profile" it is only shown "Account Related Settings", at least for me. I guess it may be related to the fact that my account is really new. As soon as the forum enables this option for me I will edit the signature with my timeline. :)
i think it gets activated automatically after you post 10 messages or so...

ffortuna

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adi_16 said:
i think it gets activated automatically after you post 10 messages or so...
hmm.. makes sense! Thanks anyway! :D

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GSherriff said:
I got ghost email yesterday, just checked ECAS and I have DM!!!

AOR 19th June
RPRF paid 16th Sept

Now the wait begins....
I am waiting for the DM after yesterday night Ghost Email. Does only ECAS change or do you see any update on MyCIC account?

ffortuna

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HakikiKanada said:
I am waiting for the DM after yesterday night Ghost Email. Does only ECAS change or do you see any update on MyCIC account?
The only change I noticed was the status on ECAS. No line was added (on ECAS) and nothing changed on MyCiC.

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
DM!!
35 h after the email..

Aor Jun 17, inland fsw..

ffortuna

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wifedoctor said:
DM!!
35 h after the email..

Aor Jun 17, inland fsw..
Congrats wifedoctor!! :D

Eargerly waiting PPR here...

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've just received a request from CIC to upload my FBI clearance. When ı try to upload it asks for expiry date but there is no expiration date on the document! What should ı do, just put an expiry date. It does not accept empty.