App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Other than getting good beating from my wife for applying for PNP without weighing pros and cons well enough, I didn't achieve anything more :p:D

Jul 11, 2023
hey people, do you know housing and healthcare are awful in Canada?

after migrating it is going to be very difficult to find an apartment. did you know I have to get a loan and pay 1 WHOLE YEAR's RENT UPFRONT inorder to get an overpriced 1 bedroom apt?

did you know you have to wait at least 5hrs to get help at the emergency room due to shortage of staff??

do your research before deciding to leave the life you have behind!

flofield

Star Member
Jul 8, 2023
Here is my update for this week

July 6- biometrics marked complete on tracker and on GCkey- BG changed from N/A to We are processing your background check

July 7- update on tracker with extension of Medical date to July 2024. Medical had earlier been passed on 22 June.
Today's update

Tracker was updated today but there was no change in my tracker. The G

after migrating it is going to be very difficult to find an apartment. did you know I have to get a loan and pay 1 WHOLE YEAR's RENT UPFRONT inorder to get an overpriced 1 bedroom apt?

did you know you have to wait at least 5hrs to get help at the emergency room due to shortage of staff??

Wow! One year rent upfront?!!. I have heard of 6-8 months upfront though

Jul 11, 2023
Today's update

Tracker was updated today but there was no change in my tracker. The G

Wow! One year rent upfront?!!. I have heard of 6-8 months upfront though
It is 1 year. Also, if you are planning to land during Aug, it is going to be even more difficult because Sep is when colleges will begin for new students.

There is simply no housing construction happening, but Millions of immigrants coming in.

flofield

Star Member
Jul 8, 2023
It is 1 year. Also, if you are planning to land during Aug, it is going to be even more difficult because Sep is when colleges will begin for new students.

There is simply no housing construction happening, but Millions of immigrants coming in.
I agree with you. It's a bit difficult to secure accommodation here especially if you don't have any relative or friend who can be of help

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I made my wife call, as I fear that I might explode and snap at the agent or get depressed if I once again get one more nasty agent on the phone. They told my wife all we can do is wait for 9 months, it is normal processing time for PNP bla..bla..
Did they not took the inactive agent being present seriously? That's awful!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

I've seen 1 year upfront rent in very few cases. 4-6 months upfront is common in GTA/GVA. It is a dog-eat-dog (without being offensive to dogs) world when it comes to housing.

I've had friends who moved in without jobs, paid 4-6 months in advanced for rent and are now settled. It is a part of settling in Canada now.

Agreed that the healthcare situation is very bad. But I guess, we all are giving up something in exchange of something we really expect from Canada. I know, I do.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

It is okay though. Students don't have jobs. Most landlords don't prefer to rent to people with no jobs or poor jobs (students are a group that rarely have good jobs). There are buildings where they don't allow more than "X" number of people per unit (e.g. North Van has places with only two people in 1BDR apartment) - that makes it easier for us to rent compared to a student.

It is completely different story for basement apartments(or non-condo/strata houses owned by slumlords) though. Most people prefer students as they can get 4-5 in a 1BDR basement and make great rent. I was watching this video yesterday and the social worker mentioned how 10-15 students live in a basement:
- 10-15 people in a basement is $350/mo min each, creating $3500/mo in total, which is crazy!

• Sad
Reactions: Lord_Tony

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Did they not took the inactive agent being present seriously? That's awful!
The Agent told my wife not to worry, I didn't coach her to persist, let me wait for a 2-3 more weeks and call again.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Lora160623

Jul 4, 2023
I do appreciate you posting updates about ur case. Keep doing so. They’re of much help.

I’ve just received today the request for biometrics payment.
My new biometrics appeared in my account today, so it is on the next day after I gave my biometrics. And now my status of background check changed to We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information". That is interesting what they check on that stage.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
My new biometrics appeared in my account today, so it is on the next day after I gave my biometrics. And now my status of background check changed to We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information". That is interesting what they check on that stage.
What's your COR(country of residence)?

Irteza Abbas

Sep 25, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
PVO: Sydney, SVO: Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
June 23, 2023