Jun 17, 2023
Gurgaon
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
How soon after background check & eligibility are ‘In Progress’ is it okay to call IRCC ? I don’t want to come across as an eager beaver and irk the authorities in any way.
It’s been 45 days since the last update as per my tracker. My application submission & AOR were both16th June. . Also pls recommend what is the best way to reach out if one is not in Canada.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
How soon after background check & eligibility are ‘In Progress’ is it okay to call IRCC ? I don’t want to come across as an eager beaver and irk the authorities in any way.
It’s been 45 days since the last update as per my tracker. My application submission & AOR were both16th June. . Also pls recommend what is the best way to reach out if one is not in Canada.
You can call them 100 times. Feel free to do so! You wouldn't irk anyone. Just that it does hog up resources that others needs (refugees, people with urgent situations, etc).

The question is, whether you need to call IRCC if things are in progress? The agent won't give out any details on eligibility as their visibility for it would be more or less the same as you do. You can however call them to learn about what parts of Background check are yet to start, in-progress, or completed.

There are a bunch of threads on the forum that list how to call as an outlander, but the forum is loading super slow for me from past few days, so I'm trying as less to get in and search (the forum load speed is getting very annoying).

Reactions: AATP and June1311

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
, but the forum is loading super slow for me from past few days, so I'm trying as less to get in and search (the forum load speed is getting very annoying).
Same here. Been trying to open in chrome and explorer same story everywhere. Cleared the cache as well assuming something wrong on my side. Let me know if you find a solution.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Lora160623

Jul 4, 2023
Hi, does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive confirmation of PR after the second Portal email and confirming the presence in Canada? Montreal office.

AATP

Star Member
Jun 14, 2023
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
You can call them 100 times. Feel free to do so! You wouldn't irk anyone. Just that it does hog up resources that others needs (refugees, people with urgent situations, etc).

The question is, whether you need to call IRCC if things are in progress? The agent won't give out any details on eligibility as their visibility for it would be more or less the same as you do. You can however call them to learn about what parts of Background check are yet to start, in-progress, or completed.

There are a bunch of threads on the forum that list how to call as an outlander, but the forum is loading super slow for me from past few days, so I'm trying as less to get in and search (the forum load speed is getting very annoying).
Need your expert opinion on one of my concern,

For PNP candidates Eligibility should be completed right after Bio/Med, isn't it ?
Or is there any other criteria that only IRCC know, but Province dont ?
Should we expect that PNP for candidates, Eligibility is no risk or thing to worry ?
as its already checked by Province.

Mann Sandhu

Star Member
May 27, 2018
CEC Inland
ITA - 24th May
AOR - 22nd June
No Update on Biometrics yet.
Case still with central processing and not assigned an VO yet.
I have called them a couple of times but they said the case is under normal processing time and web form is not required.

What should I be expecting?? There are so many people who are way ahead even with a later AOR.
July 24 Aor pnp inland
its more than a month and didn’t get any single update

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Need your expert opinion on one of my concern,

For PNP candidates Eligibility should be completed right after Bio/Med, isn't it ?
Or is there any other criteria that only IRCC know, but Province dont ?
Should we expect that PNP for candidates, Eligibility is no risk or thing to worry ?
as its already checked by Province.
Hard to say if they(province) did it. For most applications it is IRCC who is doing it. If you are med pass, you are R10 pass (documents are completed and ready to be assessed for eligibility). That's usually where the worrying ends for most as IRCC can no longer reject you. They can only send ADR or PFL after this stage, both can be responded with evidences and then eventually resolved.

Reactions: Nautile and AATP

AATP

Star Member
Jun 14, 2023
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hard to say if they(province) did it. For most applications it is IRCC who is doing it. If you are med pass, you are R10 pass (documents are completed and ready to be assessed for eligibility). That's usually where the worrying ends for most as IRCC can no longer reject you. They can only send ADR or PFL after this stage, both can be responded with evidences and then eventually resolved.
Yes, my both Med and Bio are already completed on 13 July. when someone can expect ADR ? I have seen normally people get ADR within few days after AOR/BIO.

June1311

Star Member
Jun 17, 2023
Gurgaon
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
What’s PFL ??

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
What’s PFL ??
It is Procedural Fairness Letter when your case officer feels that you don't meet the criteria (in either Medicals, eligibility, background check), it is appealable, but a very serious thing compared to an ADR as IRCC is going to determine whether you meet the criteria or not in a single assessment. In this letter they usually state which part of your application is failing to convince them and you've a time to respond. More details on it are here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/procedural-fairness.html

June1311

Star Member
Jun 17, 2023
Gurgaon
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
It is Procedural Fairness Letter when your case officer feels that you don't meet the criteria (in either Medicals, eligibility, background check), it is appealable, but a very serious thing compared to an ADR as IRCC is going to determine whether you meet the criteria or not in a single assessment. In this letter they usually state which part of your application is failing to convince them and you've a time to respond. More details on it are here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/procedural-fairness.html
Got it, thanks. I think I should be good.