iay_kn

Jun 1, 2018
Applied for moms visitor visa
Online application - June 5th
Biometrics letter - June 5th
Biometrics completed - June 8th
BVL - June 29th
I got a refusal for my moms showing not satisfied that she’ll leave the country
I applied visit her bank balance letter, 2 letters from psychiatrist and midwife that my moms presence will help my postpartum depression but still they refused
What should I do more in such case? Can reapplying with mom’s property document would help the situation here?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied visit her bank balance letter, 2 letters from psychiatrist and midwife that my moms presence will help my postpartum depression but still they refused
What should I do more in such case? Can reapplying with mom’s property document would help the situation here?
Sorry you are going through postpartum depression.

Order GCMS notes. How long was visit? Was that the only reason for refusal? What did she show for ties to return - job, spouse, children under 22, investments, investment property. Those letters may not have helped as it indicates that she may stay if your condition doesn’t improve.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
I'm sorry to hear that your mom's visa application was refused. It sounds like you have already submitted a strong application, including letters from medical professionals and documentation of your financial ties to your home country.

The fact that your mom's bank balance was not enough to satisfy the immigration officer is a bit concerning. This suggests that the officer may be concerned that your mom is not financially independent and that she may be more likely to overstay her visa.

Reapplying with your mom's property document may help to address this concern. However, it is important to note that there is no guarantee that this will be enough to change the officer's mind.

If you are still determined to bring your mom to visit you, I recommend that you speak to an immigration lawyer. They will be able to review your application and advise you on the best course of action.

It is also important to be prepared to answer questions about your mom's ties to her home country. This could include questions about her job, her property, and her family.

I wish you the best of luck in your visa application.

Reactions: Qamar gujjar

ahri

Jun 16, 2023
Hello Everyone,
want to ask... I got the biometric letter same day when we submitted the visa application but my wife did not. so is it happen that a family apply but everyone receive biometric letter on different dates??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How long did have you been in Canada? Your spouse? Looks like you tried to apply for your ownTRV but were denied in 2018. Has your child been born or are your pregnant? If the notes says anything about caring for your child, cleaning, cooking, etc. that can be considered work. How long did your mother request to visit Canada. I assume it may be a long period of time which also may be problematic because that reduces her ties to India if she is able to leave for that long a period of time. A longer stay also requires more income. Is she married? Have you considered applying for a supervisa if you qualify?

Sarjaria84

Oct 9, 2020
Hello,

My retired parents' visitor visa application was rejected on 15 June 2023. Below is the snapshot from the GCMS notes. please guide me on the below. I am sharing my questions in this thread again, as this is a much bigger thread with a lot of people seeing this. Thus, hoping to get responses and point of views from different people. This will also help others in similar position.

1) We will be showing INR 17 Lacs in total in their joint account (11.5 after breaking an FD) and remaining in individual accounts (pension account), plus FDs. The stay period has been reduced from 30 days to 15 days. The fund part should be ok now according to me. Please advise.

2) I had stated purpose of visit as 'attending my Convocation ceremony in November 2023 in Montreal'. I had also provided invitation letters for the ceremony from my college HEC Montreal. But it seems 30 day shown in the application was too long without any specific itinerary shown. Please advise.

2) I don't have a job currently and my wife is on maternity leave. How to handle this when writing the Invitation letter, as it requires stating my job title in the letter? Should I write an invitation letter without mentioning anything about my job, or I explicitly state that I am currently not working but have enough funds in my account here and in India to support myself and my wife for more than a year.
I did not mention about pregnancy in the application anywhere.

3) For the 2 weeks time when my parents will be visiting Canada, one of our relatives is going to take care of the grandparents in terms of providing food and checking upon them. Do we need to upload a signed or notarized letter from them with the letter mentioning that they will take care for the 2 week period, or something on these lines? Or should I just mention that my father is an only child and as the grandparents are old (84 yrs & 81 yrs) he cannot stay away for long period, as he needs to take care of them.
I am already submitting the Pension Order documents for both my father and mother which will show that they need to be in India once a year to provide their Life certificate. The house is in my grand father's name. Parents have no properties in their name. Investments in mutual funds and share market only.

Please advise on above!

Many Thanks!

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hello,

My retired parents' visitor visa application was rejected on 15 June 2023. Below is the snapshot from the GCMS notes. please guide me on the below. I am sharing my questions in this thread again, as this is a much bigger thread with a lot of people seeing this. Thus, hoping to get responses and point of views from different people. This will also help others in similar position.

1) We will be showing INR 17 Lacs in total in their joint account (11.5 after breaking an FD) and remaining in individual accounts (pension account), plus FDs. The stay period has been reduced from 30 days to 15 days. The fund part should be ok now according to me. Please advise.

2) I had stated purpose of visit as 'attending my Convocation ceremony in November 2023 in Montreal'. I had also provided invitation letters for the ceremony from my college HEC Montreal. But it seems 30 day shown in the application was too long without any specific itinerary shown. Please advise.

2) I don't have a job currently and my wife is on maternity leave. How to handle this when writing the Invitation letter, as it requires stating my job title in the letter? Should I write an invitation letter without mentioning anything about my job, or I explicitly state that I am currently not working but have enough funds in my account here and in India to support myself and my wife for more than a year.
I did not mention about pregnancy in the application anywhere.

3) For the 2 weeks time when my parents will be visiting Canada, one of our relatives is going to take care of the grandparents in terms of providing food and checking upon them. Do we need to upload a signed or notarized letter from them with the letter mentioning that they will take care for the 2 week period, or something on these lines? Or should I just mention that my father is an only child and as the grandparents are old (84 yrs & 81 yrs) he cannot stay away for long period, as he needs to take care of them.
I am already submitting the Pension Order documents for both my father and mother which will show that they need to be in India once a year to provide their Life certificate. The house is in my grand father's name. Parents have no properties in their name. Investments in mutual funds and share market only.

Please advise on above!

Many Thanks!
Based on the information you provided, it seems that your visa was refused because the consular officer was not satisfied that you would depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for your stay. The officer may have been concerned that your financial situation was not sufficient to support your stay, or that the purpose of your visit was not consistent with a temporary stay.

If you would like to reapply for a visa, you may want to consider addressing the concerns that the consular officer had in their decision. For example, you could provide additional documentation to support your financial situation, or you could provide more information about the purpose of your visit.

As for the other questions;

1. Yes, the fund part should be okay now that you have increased the amount of money in their accounts. However, you should also provide documentation to show that the money is from legitimate sources, such as bank statements, investment statements, or tax returns.
2. The purpose of visit is also important. If you are only going to Canada for a short period of time, you should provide a detailed itinerary that shows where you will be going and what you will be doing. This will help the consular officer to see that your visit is truly temporary.
3. You should mention in the invitation letter that you are currently not working, but that you have enough funds to support yourself and your wife for more than a year. You should also provide documentation to support this, such as bank statements or investment statements.
4. It would be a good idea to get a signed or notarized letter from your relatives stating that they will be taking care of your grandparents while your parents are in Canada. This will help to show the consular officer that your parents have strong ties to India and that they are not likely to overstay their visa.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: Sarjaria84

Sarjaria84

Oct 9, 2020
Based on the information you provided, it seems that your visa was refused because the consular officer was not satisfied that you would depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for your stay. The officer may have been concerned that your financial situation was not sufficient to support your stay, or that the purpose of your visit was not consistent with a temporary stay.

If you would like to reapply for a visa, you may want to consider addressing the concerns that the consular officer had in their decision. For example, you could provide additional documentation to support your financial situation, or you could provide more information about the purpose of your visit.

As for the other questions;

1. Yes, the fund part should be okay now that you have increased the amount of money in their accounts. However, you should also provide documentation to show that the money is from legitimate sources, such as bank statements, investment statements, or tax returns.
2. The purpose of visit is also important. If you are only going to Canada for a short period of time, you should provide a detailed itinerary that shows where you will be going and what you will be doing. This will help the consular officer to see that your visit is truly temporary.
3. You should mention in the invitation letter that you are currently not working, but that you have enough funds to support yourself and your wife for more than a year. You should also provide documentation to support this, such as bank statements or investment statements.
4. It would be a good idea to get a signed or notarized letter from your relatives stating that they will be taking care of your grandparents while your parents are in Canada. This will help to show the consular officer that your parents have strong ties to India and that they are not likely to overstay their visa.

I hope this helps!
Many Thanks @Raptor33!!
We had not even shown 2 bank accounts which had around INR 5.25 lacs thinking that FDs worth more than CAD 60,000 plus INR 3.5 Lacs as liquid funds in bank would be more than enough. Also, for the 30 day period I had filled "amount available for stay in Canada' question as CAD 6000 each for both of them (CAD 12000 in total), which seems was too less for 30 day period.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Many Thanks @Raptor33!!
We had not even shown 2 bank accounts which had around INR 5.25 lacs thinking that FDs worth more than CAD 60,000 plus INR 3.5 Lacs as liquid funds in bank would be more than enough. Also, for the 30 day period I had filled "amount available for stay in Canada' question as CAD 6000 each for both of them (CAD 12000 in total), which seems was too less for 30 day period.
Yes, it is a good idea to show all of your parents' financial resources, including bank accounts, FDs, and investments. This will help to show the consular officer that your parents have the means to support themselves during their stay in Canada.

You are also right to increase the amount of money that you have listed as being available for their stay. CAD 12,000 is not enough for a 30-day stay in Canada, especially if your parents are planning to do any sightseeing or shopping. You should budget for at least CAD 20,000 for a 30-day stay.
Here are some other things that you can do to improve your parents' chances of getting a visa:
  • Provide a detailed itinerary of their trip, including where they will be staying, what they will be doing, and how much they will be spending.
  • Get a letter from their employer or school stating that they are employed or enrolled in school and that they will be returning to India after their trip.
  • Get a letter from a relative or friend in India stating that they will be staying with them while they are in Canada.
I hope this helps!

Sarjaria84

Oct 9, 2020
Yes, it is a good idea to show all of your parents' financial resources, including bank accounts, FDs, and investments. This will help to show the consular officer that your parents have the means to support themselves during their stay in Canada.

You are also right to increase the amount of money that you have listed as being available for their stay. CAD 12,000 is not enough for a 30-day stay in Canada, especially if your parents are planning to do any sightseeing or shopping. You should budget for at least CAD 20,000 for a 30-day stay.
Here are some other things that you can do to improve your parents' chances of getting a visa:
  • Provide a detailed itinerary of their trip, including where they will be staying, what they will be doing, and how much they will be spending.
  • Get a letter from their employer or school stating that they are employed or enrolled in school and that they will be returning to India after their trip.
  • Get a letter from a relative or friend in India stating that they will be staying with them while they are in Canada.
I hope this helps!
Thank you again!

My parents are retired.

TimTomTim

Jun 14, 2023
Hoping this will help someone, TRV for Sister, Brother-In-Law & Nephew living in the UK, looking to travel to Toronto end of Summer/early Fall.

June 18th, 2023 - Confirmation of Online Application Transmission -
June 18th, 2023 - Submission Confirmation
June 18th, 2023 - Biometrics Collection Letter
June 23rd, 2023 - Biometrics Enrolment
June 29th, 2023 - Original Passport Request

The passport gets picked up by the courier tomorrow, hopefully, they'll get them back soon.

Reactions: Dhillon96

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Thank you again!

My parents are retired.
I see. In that case, you may want to consider providing the following documents:
  • Proof of your parents' retirement income, such as pension statements or government benefits.
  • Proof of your parents' health insurance, both in India and in Canada.
  • A letter from your parents' doctor stating that they are in good health and able to travel to Canada.
You may also want to consider getting a letter from a travel agent or tour operator stating that they have booked your parents' travel arrangements. This will show the consular officer that your parents have made concrete plans for their trip and that they are not just planning to overstay their visa.

I hope this helps!

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hoping this will help someone, TRV for Sister, Brother-In-Law & Nephew living in the UK, looking to travel to Toronto end of Summer/early Fall.

June 18th, 2023 - Confirmation of Online Application Transmission -
June 18th, 2023 - Submission Confirmation
June 18th, 2023 - Biometrics Collection Letter
June 23rd, 2023 - Biometrics Enrolment
June 29th, 2023 - Original Passport Request

The passport gets picked up by the courier tomorrow, hopefully, they'll get them back soon.
Thank you for sharing your timeline! I'm sure this will be helpful to others who are applying for a TRV from the UK.

I hope your sister, brother-in-law, and nephew get their passports back soon so they can start planning their trip to Toronto!

Reactions: TimTomTim