+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship (Online/Paper)

zrabeh

Aug 27, 2019
Hi everyone, I applied on June 28 and today I got a request letter to upload the following document to the IRCC online portal:
  1. Proof of cohabitation with your sponsor such as proof of all joint travel and visitation including proof of honeymoon.
  2. Wedding celebration photos with family and friends, if applicable.
  3. Proof that your sponsor travelled to Lebanon (copy of stamps on ppt, which travel document was used).
  4. Proof of communication between you and your sponsor in the last twelve months. This can include printout from social media conversations, WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook or any other messaging platforms.
  5. Your sponsor's proof of accommodation / Lease contract.
  6. Your sponsor's statement of bank account.
  7. Your sponsor's utility bills from Canada
But I already upload the first 4 documents when I submitted the application. Do I need to create new version or can I upload the same documents I submitted?

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Did you specify which document contained what? Where they in pdf forms, clear and the pictures containing captions?
If you think they are enough to satisfy the officer, then you can upload the same documents.
The only one I'd update was the proof of communication (adding the additional communication between June to now)

uetian119

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Ontario
My friend applied for study visa an year ago and didn't show bachelor degree. Visa got refused due to weak home ties. Now she is applying for spousal sponsorship. Should she add bachelor qualification in her application?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
What is average processing time now a days?
For family sponsorship....got reduced to 12 months, checked couple of weeks ago. but you can check latest here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

My friend applied for study visa an year ago and didn't show bachelor degree. Visa got refused due to weak home ties. Now she is applying for spousal sponsorship. Should she add bachelor qualification in her application?
She should provide all information - with all documentation. Withholding certain info - may have consequences. She can say that she mistakenly did not add or forgot - though officer may question that.
So best way to counter that, this time provide all required information 100% accurately. Provide proofs and documentation as well. Do not allow the officer to think that the applicant is again playing hide and seek. You know that the applicant can be BANNED FROM APPLYING FOR 1,2,5,10 YEARS OR PERMANENTLY AS WELL!

Tnia

Jan 26, 2023
Hey Folks,

We received pre-arrival and PPR today for my husband's outland application. However, my husband is now in Canada on a TRV. We had updated his Canadian address about a month ago and the address change was even effected on the PR Tracker.

Now, we are being asked to submit his passport to CPC Ottawa. Is there anyone who has experienced the same, can you share your experience with me?

I would like to know if it is at this point we need to request for a virtual landing or if we should just go ahead and submit his passport to Ottawa.

Thank you.
Hey Folks. Happy New Year!

We finally received COPR for my husband's PR application today.

Below is the updated timeline of the entire process.

Spousal PR Application - Outland
PA: Nigeria. Sponsor: PR
TRV Submission: April 21, 2023
PR File submission: June 6, 2023
Medicals: Upfront
Biometrics: Previous Biometrics used.
TRV Approval/PPR: July 10, 2023
AOR (PR) : August 09, 2023
Medical Passed: August 16, 2023
OWP Application (from inside Canada): Sept 05, 2023
Pre arrival and PPR: November 07, 2023
Passport Submitted to CPC Ottawa: November 08, 2023
Virtual Landing Portal 1: Dec 08, 2023
Passport returned from CPC Ottawa without PR Visa and no CoPR: Dec 14, 2023
Virtual Landing Portal 2: Dec 14, 2023
OWP Approved: Dec 19, 2023
eCOPR: January 02, 2024

Thank you everyone for your help and insight. I wish everyone of you best of luck with your applications.

Last edited:
Reactions: Home_13579

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hey Folks. Happy New Year!

We finally received COPR for my husband's PR application today.

Below is the updated timeline of the entire process.

PA: Nigeria. Sponsor: PR
TRV Submission: April 21, 2023
PR File submission: June 6, 2023
Medicals: Upfront
Biometrics: Previous Biometrics used.
TRV Approval/PPR: July 10, 2023
AOR (PR) : August 09, 2023
Medical Passed: August 16, 2023
OWP Application (from inside Canada): Sept 05, 2023
Pre arrival and PPR: November 07, 2023
Passport Submitted to CPC Ottawa: November 08, 2023
Virtual Landing Portal 1: Dec 08, 2023
Passport returned from CPC Ottawa without PR Visa and no CoPR: Dec 14, 2023
Virtual Landing Portal 2: Dec 14, 2023
OWP Approved: Dec 19, 2023
eCOPR: January 02, 2024

Thank you everyone for your help and insight. I wish everyone of you best of luck with your applications.
Hi Tnia - Congratulations...Glad to see that your husband's TRV was applied prior to Spousal PR and got approved.
May i ask 2 pieces of info if you are comfortable to share? What kind of employment status your husband showed in his TRV application.
Based on lots of refusals of TRV, im guessing that CIC perhaps only allows TRV to person who have an active employment.

Tnia

Jan 26, 2023
Hi Tnia - Congratulations...Glad to see that your husband's TRV was applied prior to Spousal PR and got approved.
May i ask 2 pieces of info if you are comfortable to share? What kind of employment status your husband showed in his TRV application.
Based on lots of refusals of TRV, im guessing that CIC perhaps only allows TRV to person who have an active employment.
Thank you...
The TRV application was made from Nigeria and had active employment in Operations and Supply Chain Management.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
PA: Pakistan
PR File submission: June 18, 2023
AOR: August, 2023
SA: August. 2023
Biometrics req: August, 2023
Biometrics completed: Sept, 2023
TRV Submission on TRV portal: Oct 03, 2023
TRV decision: Pending
Medical req: Nov 20, 2023
Medical Passed: Nov 30, 2023
PR Decision date on gckey account: 19 Dec, 2023
Eligibility & BG completed on tracker: Dec 19, 2023
COPR# updated on tracker: Dec 26, 2023
PPR: Pending

Hello Folks, any idea approximately when is PPR sent after eligibility & BG completed and COPR number issued on tracker?

Reactions: Home_13579

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
PA: Pakistan
PR File submission: June 18, 2023
AOR: August, 2023
SA: August. 2023
Biometrics req: August, 2023
Biometrics completed: Sept, 2023
TRV Submission on TRV portal: Oct 03, 2023
TRV decision: Pending
Medical req: Nov 20, 2023
Medical Passed: Nov 30, 2023
PR Decision date on gckey account: 19 Dec, 2023
Eligibility & BG completed on tracker: Dec 19, 2023
COPR# updated on tracker: Dec 26, 2023
PPR: Pending

Hello Folks, any idea approximately when is PPR sent after eligibility & BG completed and COPR number issued on tracker?
congrats, finally june applications seems to be progressing now. you should quickly send webform to withdraw you TRV application. request for refund as well.
btw, does the applicant have any prior travel history?

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
congrats, finally june applications seems to be progressing now. you should quickly send webform to withdraw you TRV application. request for refund as well.
btw, does the applicant have any prior travel history?
There is no PPR yet. I don't think withdrawing visitor's visa application is a good idea but I will definitely consider withdrawing visitor's visa app after the PR PPR.
PA has no travel history in the past 5 years.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
There is no PPR yet. I don't think withdrawing visitor's visa application is a good idea but I will definitely consider withdrawing visitor's visa app after the PR PPR.
PA has no travel history in the past 5 years.
By the way, your PPR should be with you within a month. In some cases I have seen that literally next 1-2 days.

did the pa show employment income or other financial ties for the trv application ?
From the recent refusals, seems that CIC base their trv decision on either employment income or travel history.

But if you include the typical CIC randomness factor, then yes every factor is meaningless. It will depend on Billy's mood after his/her coffee/donut break.

Last edited:

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
By the way, your PPR should be with you within a month. In some cases I have seen that literally next 1-2 days.

did the pa show employment income or other financial ties for the trv application ?
From the recent refusals, seems that CIC base their trv decision on either employment income or travel history.

But if you include the typical CIC randomness factor, then yes every factor is meaningless. It will depend on Billy's mood after his/her coffee/donut break.
I don't have hopes based on timelines from IRCC really but it would be nice if Billy comes back from holidays mood and start hitting that green button.
My wife isn't doing no job and has no employment history at all and no travel history in past 5 years. Though, I did attach AOR and SA letter to the application and hoping Mike gives it a consideration but you never know

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I don't have hopes based on timelines from IRCC really but it would be nice if Billy comes back from holidays mood and start hitting that green button.
My wife isn't doing no job and has no employment history at all and no travel history in past 5 years. Though, I did attach AOR and SA letter to the application and hoping Mike gives it a consideration but you never know
Actually, your case is progressing pretty fast, compared to 80% of June applicants. Very few have got to Eligibility completed phase, let alone background completed.

Is the PA/your landing address is GTA, Ontario or some other city/province?

Last edited:

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Last edited: