+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship (Online/Paper)

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
All June 2023 - outland applicants ---- have you updated your information in the tracker? (link is below)

- If you have recieved AOR or SA (sponsorship approval) or applied for TRV recently, have you recorded the dates in the tracker?

I know it takes time, but realize that it will ONLY HELP YOU, if we all do our part. We will know how June applications are progressing in the CIC process timelines. But if we all become lazy, or only 2-3 applicants keep updating their info - then it will not give us an accurate picture. This sheet will become meaningless - and it will not be useful for you anymore. All of you have done great job so far, thats why we have attracted close to 100 applicants - only for JUNE 2023 OUTLAND applicants.

Please, lets keep the spirit going so that our tracking sheet can provide insight to speed and timing of each of the Spousal PR application stage is taking.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W6hIFvgiT10keGOe_JuiQ_OsAR_8RXSlie6vFGlhw4Y/edit#gid=2142408713

ShielaMaeSenso

Jun 14, 2023
@InfoSeeker12 Can I ask if your biometrics from TRV before is reflected as completed on your PR Tracker? Mine is still in progress even though biometrics details (from previous TRV) are reflected on GCkey.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
@InfoSeeker12 Can I ask if your biometrics from TRV before is reflected as completed on your PR Tracker? Mine is still in progress even though biometrics details (from previous TRV) are reflected on GCkey.
Good question!
Nope, on PR tracker it is still - i just checked - inprogress
While on GC Key, as you know there is NO label or tags, instead it provides complete detail of biometrics number and when its enrollment/expiry date.

NA2379

Aug 20, 2023
FIRSTLY did you research this yourself on CIC website? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html
Please click that link and read it YOURSELF. Reason is - we all can make mistakes in understanding something. so please rely on CIC first, then reconfirm your understanding on this forum. What that page says is :

If you apply for permanent residence on or after June 14, 2023
You need to give your biometrics, even if you gave them in the last 10 years. As of June 14, 2023, we’re resuming biometrics collection for all permanent residence applicants.

---------------------------------------
since my spouse applied before that date and had given biometrics earlier for a trv - we only uploaded the receipt from last time - and it was accepted by CIC. So what you have you to do --- depends on When submitted your PR application. Since you applied on 12th June, i believe you DONT have to pay again, if your previous biometrics was done within the last 10 years. Simply upload copy of that payment receipt.

I have a few questions that I could use some help with, considering your knowledge about the process. Could you assist me with these queries? I submitted my application on July 10, 2023, without including biometrics fees, as it instructed me to 'check if your biometrics is still valid.' I did so, found my previous biometrics receipt, attached it to my application, and submitted it. However, upon further research using your link, I discovered that I should have paid for it. Should I wait for the AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) or simply pay and upload it using the web form? Additionally, my sponsor recently obtained a Canadian passport after I submitted my application. Should I inform the authorities about this using the same web form? I greatly appreciate your insights.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
A humble request from applicants who are filling the Tracker Sheet.

1- PRP - PA residence in Canada--- are you INLAND applicant?
2- MD - PA residence in Jordan - can you please share what date you submitted your application and your Biometrics?
3- row#72 - PA in India - can you pls add your alias and also your biometrics sent date?

There are couple of other users who have not shared their bio sent date and other critical dates. Pls try to understand, no body is collecting your data, every thing is anonymous. Idea is to share the info, so that others can get the answers too, just like you came to this forum seeking answers. Imagine, others would have turned their cheek the other way and told you - sorry im not going to share my info with you. Lets be kind to the rest.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I have a few questions that I could use some help with, considering your knowledge about the process. Could you assist me with these queries? I submitted my application on July 10, 2023, without including biometrics fees, as it instructed me to 'check if your biometrics is still valid.' I did so, found my previous biometrics receipt, attached it to my application, and submitted it. However, upon further research using your link, I discovered that I should have paid for it. Should I wait for the AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) or simply pay and upload it using the web form? Additionally, my sponsor recently obtained a Canadian passport after I submitted my application. Should I inform the authorities about this using the same web form? I greatly appreciate your insights.
If you have already uploaded your previous biometrics receipt - then wait....let them ask for it. I know the rule says to pay, which i copied for everyone from the cic website....but its around $100. I'd say let them ask for it.

Sponsor became Citizen. Firstly congrats on that! I guess, thats a big deal. Your sponsor is not a PR anymore....but CANADIAN CITIZEN..
Through webform, inform them right away with sponsor's passport scan. All the best.

NA2379

Aug 20, 2023
If you have already uploaded your previous biometrics receipt - then wait....let them ask for it. I know the rule says to pay, which i copied for everyone from the cic website....but its around $100. I'd say let them ask for it.

Sponsor became Citizen. Firstly congrats on that! I guess, thats a big deal. Your sponsor is not a PR anymore....but CANADIAN CITIZEN..
Through webform, inform them right away with sponsor's passport scan. All the best.
Yes, I have submitted a webform using my previous UCI. I included an explanation regarding the sponsor's passport details, citizenship certificate, and an inquiry about biometrics in it. Thank you for your assistance with this matter.

apoddar25

Jul 30, 2023
Hi team, Please let us know how much time it takes to attach GC key with application? I have create GC key, but the application is not showing there. Should I raise a webform for this?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi team, Please let us know how much time it takes to attach GC key with application? I have create GC key, but the application is not showing there. Should I raise a webform for this?
Give it atleast 7 -14 days. Raising a webform for such things will only delay the whole application process - yours and others.
And GC Key also does not provide the latest 100% accurate status about your application. I have got both - and they both give 50% info. Just chill and relax...long ride ahead.

apoddar25

Jul 30, 2023
Give it atleast 7 -14 days. Raising a webform for such things will only delay the whole application process - yours and others.
And GC Key also does not provide the latest 100% accurate status about your application. I have got both - and they both give 50% info. Just chill and relax...long ride ahead.
Thank you for your reply. But in our case in the application status it is showing they have sent some message on which we need to act on 11th September. But neither me nor my sponsor received any email regarding this till now. That is why I am worried.
Do you know whether they will send email or how they will communicate?
Please note we the timeline as below.
Application submitted : 20th June, 2023
AOR received : 24th August, 2023
Biometric payment request : 29th August
Biometric payment submission: 31st August
Eligibility status in progress : 28th August, 2023
Message received status : 11th September

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Thank you for your reply. But in our case in the application status it is showing they have sent some message on which we need to act on 11th September. But neither me nor my sponsor received any email regarding this till now. That is why I am worried.
Do you know whether they will send email or how they will communicate?
Please note we the timeline as below.
Application submitted : 20th June, 2023
AOR received : 24th August, 2023
Biometric payment request : 29th August
Biometric payment submission: 31st August
Eligibility status in progress : 28th August, 2023
Message received status : 11th September
Ok i did not get this information in your previous post - and this changes your level of urgency. Have you searched youtube and this forum about tips to get your GC-key setup? But if you are not able to do it - yes send a webform and tell them to communicate through email cuz you are not able to access GC-Key.
i wonder if its Medical examination request letter?

apoddar25

Jul 30, 2023
Ok i did not get this information in your previous post - and this changes your level of urgency. Have you searched youtube and this forum about tips to get your GC-key setup? But if you are not able to do it - yes send a webform and tell them to communicate through email cuz you are not able to access GC-Key.
i wonder if its Medical examination request letter?
Thank you so much. We have raised web form. lets see.

jadzj

Dec 19, 2019
Hello all. May I ask when do you advise applying for the TRV ? Is it after AOR? after Biometrics? Medicals? Your input is highly appreciated.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hello all. May I ask when do you advise applying for the TRV ? Is it after AOR? after Biometrics? Medicals? Your input is highly appreciated.
Atleast not until you get Background check or Eligibility shown as COMPLETED in your tracker.
Initially, the understanding was AOR is enough for TRV. But then we saw many applicants who had recieved AOR and even SA, got refusals.

So it seems that CIC has quietly changed their criteria for issuing TRV - perhaps they only give it now to applicants if there PR applications is close to getting approved - Copr number is issued or Eligibility/BGC has been completed. This is valid for most of the applicants, specially those who are not able to show strong financial ties to home and will not be able to convince immigration that they will return back from Canada after their TRV expires.