+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship (Online/Paper)

m4pleaf

Aug 2, 2023
Applied on June 1st, outland. Received AOR on August 1st.
After submitting the PR application, I also applied for TRV under spousal category (June 5th - I stated that I submitted my PR application). I previously had a TRV, expired at the end of 2022. I also currently have a TRV for the USA. Biometrics and eligibility are completed, but I'm still waiting for the background check since like 15th of June. I hoped maybe there will be an answer with the AOR, none yet... Any ideas? I just want to get the TRV asap, since my wife is already in Canada :(

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Applied on June 1st, outland. Received AOR on August 1st.
After submitting the PR application, I also applied for TRV under spousal category (June 5th - I stated that I submitted my PR application). I previously had a TRV, expired at the end of 2022. I also currently have a TRV for the USA. Biometrics and eligibility are completed, but I'm still waiting for the background check since like 15th of June. I hoped maybe there will be an answer with the AOR, none yet... Any ideas? I just want to get the TRV asap, since my wife is already in Canada :(
Firstly congrats! you got the AOR. I guess the delay in response of your TRV is either a blessing in disguise or perhaps it was by design - to first issue you AOR and then TRV. Hopefully it will be coming soon.

By the way did you get the update in email or saw that in your Pr portal?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Well, I stopped worrying since everyone had the same thing. Could everyone’s application possibly be incomplete?
It seems that everyone is actually having that problem. There is some kind of glitch that is not allowing new applicants to complete certain forms. Seems some kind of bug, which may have impacted our submitted forms as well.
here's more: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/completed-forms-arent-complete-the-next-day.817335/

m4pleaf

Aug 2, 2023
Firstly congrats! you got the AOR. I guess the delay in response of your TRV is either a blessing in disguise or perhaps it was by design - to first issue you AOR and then TRV. Hopefully it will be coming soon.

By the way did you get the update in email or saw that in your Pr portal?
Thanks a lot! Perhaps I should be a bit more patient and give it a couple more days for the TRV... :))

My wife (sponsor) got the email, which goes like "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by CIC..." with UCI and Application no. Couple of minutes later, it automatically appeared on my tracker account under my TRV application.

Also a quick question: I already gave biometrics for TRV; but since I applied for PR before that happened, I stated that I didn't have biometrics and paid for the fee twice. Would I have to give the biometrics again, or would they see in the system?

Last edited:

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Thanks a lot! Perhaps I should be a bit more patient and give it a couple more days for the TRV... :))

My wife (sponsor) got the email, which goes like "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by CIC..." with UCI and Application no. Couple of minutes later, it automatically appeared on my tracker account under my TRV application.

Also a quick question: I already gave biometrics for TRV; but since I applied for PR before that happened, I stated that I didn't have biometrics and paid for the fee twice. Would I have to give the biometrics again, or would they see in the system?
Unfortunately yes. Looking at recent posts in the forum, it seems that CIC is going to ask you again to take the biometrics, even if you did it couple of months back for a TRV.

by the way, can you share what time did you get that email yesterday? and where are you located? Trying to determine what time cic sends these emails.

m4pleaf

Aug 2, 2023
Unfortunately yes. Looking at recent posts in the forum, it seems that CIC is going to ask you again to take the biometrics, even if you did it couple of months back for a TRV.

by the way, can you share what time did you get that email yesterday? and where are you located? Trying to determine what time cic sends these emails.
Thanks a lot for the info! Glad that it's not that far from home, so it shouldn't be the end of the world :)

I got the email yesterday at 09:30AM ET. I'm located in Turkey, so it's the Ankara office. I'll also be updating my case in Immitracker if anything happens.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi everyone, after waiting of 60days......we've got the AOR as well, just couple of mins from now in my email.
Applied on 2 June and got AOR on 2 Aug.
Now the SA and then TRV. I know AOR is enough for TRV, but just want to make sure everything is linked up in CIC system before I apply for TRV.
Wishing that everyone in our June group, at least the applicants in the first weeks of June get their AORs this week.

Ramisha

Oct 20, 2018
I was thinking of applying for TRV before the PR application so I can get my husband to come with me to Canada after our wedding. He has good account balance and job letter and everything.
Is it better to then wait and actually apply for PR before and then apply for TRV?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I was thinking of applying for TRV before the PR application so I can get my husband to come with me to Canada after our wedding. He has good account balance and job letter and everything.
Is it better to then wait and actually apply for PR before and then apply for TRV?
Based on the collective experience and the May 24th announcement of Family Reunification program, its best to first apply Spousal PR. Wait for AOR (usually 60 days wait). Then apply for AOR. Wait another 15-20 days, in most cases, and your hubby will have stamped TRV on his passport.

However, it wont hurt to try, only $100 or so. Regardless, tis best to start working on PR application and apply it sooner than later. That should be first priority. And yes...congratulations on the upcoming Wedding!!!

Reactions: prashanfernando

autoscriptor

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
What does turned true mean?
You might disregard this as this is related to applicants viewing the PR portal page while opening the Chrome browser development tools. They will go and look for some variable properties and wait until these properties turn from the value "false" or "null" to "true". They believe that when these values turn to "true" this means officers are making progress on their case, and in turn, this means they should be expecting an AOR soon.

The below image is for demonstration purpose only and to show you what the browser dev tools look like.

Reactions: joe_laurent