+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship (Online/Paper)

ShielaMaeSenso

Jun 14, 2023
A

Submission 18 aug
Bio Fess req & SA 17 oct
Mil & Aor 18 oct
I think my file transfer to VO for background check

what your timeline ?
Applied June 12, 2023
AOR and SA on August 18, 2023
Medical completed Sep. 06, 2023
Biometrics (still in progress haven't received a request yet)
Eligibility on progress since September 22, 2023
BG on progress too.

Gurjee

Star Member
Aug 22, 2023
Applied June 12, 2023
BG on progress too.
Are they can start background check without bil too ??

NA2379

Aug 20, 2023
Applied June 12, 2023
BG on progress too.
What does it says on gckey about biometrics ?

FPsalmist

Oct 29, 2023
Why are you waiting for medical request? I'd recommend for advance medical. Just send an email to lahore medical center to give you an appointment.
Since you got your AOR/SA - use the UCI no. for getting the medical appointment. The same medical will be good for both - TRV and Spousal PR.
How do you suggest the IME number is filled when booking the appointment. This is required in addition to the UCI for medical appointment.

Alisarfaraz

Oct 19, 2023
How do you suggest the IME number is filled when booking the appointment. This is required in addition to the UCI for medical appointment.
i didnt fill any form yet - still waiting for medical - the medical centre said - as of oct 1 upfront medical is not acceptable for spouse pr application.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
i didnt fill any form yet - still waiting for medical - the medical centre said - as of oct 1 upfront medical is not acceptable for spouse pr application.
@FPsalmist
Things keep changing with CIC, so best is to follow the latest instructions by cic. if they require you to fill an info, that will only be informed in the Medical request letter, then you got no option other than to wait.

apoddar25

Jul 30, 2023
Please help me with this information. How much time it normally takes to get COPR after Pre-Arrival? Eligibility, Medical, Bio showing as completed.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Please help me with this information. How much time it normally takes to get COPR after Pre-Arrival? Eligibility, Medical, Bio showing as completed.
Its been changing. Previously I have seen 2 months gap between Pre-Arrival and then COPR. And more recently, as in this week, im sure you'd have noticed applicants are reporting 1- 5 day gap between pre-arrival, copr and then ppr. Now, i wonder if the timelines have shortened recently, or perhaps its applications of different country, that just happened to be processed recently. Cant tell you definitively.

Anything and everything is possible with CIC.
IRCC - we like to play with your mind....
The most mind twisting, brain fogging and migrane prone game....Canadian Immigration.
(sorry, i dirfted, started copy writing some ad slogans for CIC! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: yaboyintoronto

amanK123

Nov 4, 2023
Hi there,
i recently got married and I became PR in July 2023. I am wondering should I apply for Spousal Sponsorship or TRV for my wife or I can apply for both at the same time?

thank you.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi there,
i recently got married and I became PR in July 2023. I am wondering should I apply for Spousal Sponsorship or TRV for my wife or I can apply for both at the same time?

thank you.
TRV is waste of time and money. Apply for Spousal PR and do it ASAP!!! Its taking roughly 7 months these days, but dont count on it. The timelines are very much flexible, and they usually expand meaning delayed, prolonged etc. Read the application guide first on CIC website, watch youtube "hit and submit' channel --- and then start filling the forms, attaching all docs etc.
All the best!

Tnia

Jan 26, 2023
Hey Folks,

We received pre-arrival and PPR today for my husband's outland application. However, my husband is now in Canada on a TRV. We had updated his Canadian address about a month ago and the address change was even effected on the PR Tracker.

Now, we are being asked to submit his passport to CPC Ottawa. Is there anyone who has experienced the same, can you share your experience with me?

I would like to know if it is at this point we need to request for a virtual landing or if we should just go ahead and submit his passport to Ottawa.

Thank you.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hey Folks,

We received pre-arrival and PPR today for my husband's outland application. However, my husband is now in Canada on a TRV. We had updated his Canadian address about a month ago and the address change was even effected on the PR Tracker.

Now, we are being asked to submit his passport to CPC Ottawa. Is there anyone who has experienced the same, can you share your experience with me?

I would like to know if it is at this point we need to request for a virtual landing or if we should just go ahead and submit his passport to Ottawa.

Thank you.
Firstly, Congratulations....Glad to see Nairobi VO is working quick these days. Based on your previous post, you applied for Spousal PR on June 6?
If yes, your PR application got processed in exactly 5 months +1 day? Thats amazing.

Since you already updated the address in the system, CIC knows that your husband is in Canada. So that's why they have asked to send the passport to CPC Ottawa.
If there were no instructions given for you to log on to computer, go to CIC website, and do all the virtual landing appointment, then you should simply send the passport to Ottawa.

You may want to call CIC tomorrow morning and check with them just in case.

All the best!

Tnia

Jan 26, 2023
Firstly, Congratulations....Glad to see Nairobi VO is working quick these days. Based on your previous post, you applied for Spousal PR on June 6?
If yes, your PR application got processed in exactly 5 months +1 day? Thats amazing.

Since you already updated the address in the system, CIC knows that your husband is in Canada. So that's why they have asked to send the passport to CPC Ottawa.
If there were no instructions given for you to log on to computer, go to CIC website, and do all the virtual landing appointment, then you should simply send the passport to Ottawa.

You may want to call CIC tomorrow morning and check with them just in case.

All the best!
Yes. Thank you, our application was processed in 5 months. Although, they had initially informed us the case was being transferred to Accra VO, I believe it was processed in Ottawa.
Like you said, CIC knows he is in Canada so we have decided to just go ahead and submit his passport to Ottawa.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12