+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Edmundtimi

Star Member
Jun 18, 2022
I know this won't really change anything, but I just need to vent. It's incredibly frustrating to see how painfully slow this process is and how things seem to be handled in this seemingly "random" way, where some people who apply after others somehow get processed ahead of the rest. I know it's not their fault; it's just the way things are. IRCC really ought to work on improving this process.

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Updating my timeline:

~ Citizenship Application: ONLINE - Single
~ Location: Toronto, ON
~ Primary Office: Scarborough
~ Sent: June 24, 2023
~ AOR: July 25, 2023
~ Background Verification Completed: Aug 14 2023
~ Scheduled for Test: Aug 11 2023 - Aug 31 2023
~ Test taken: Aug 12 2023
~ Test Completed: Aug 14 2023
~ LPP Completed: in process
~ Scheduled for Oath:
We have the same timeline.

Reactions: born2rule

Harpku

Mar 28, 2023
Hi everyone, IRCC is requesting fingerprints to continue the processing of my application and they mentioned questions regarding sections 21 and 22 of citizenship act which are:

The Citizenship Regulations require that we verify that applicants are free of any prohibitions from a security and criminal standpoint.
Section 21 of the Citizenship Act stipulates that no period may be counted as a period of physical presence during which a person has been under a probation order, has been a paroled inmate, or has served a term of imprisonment.
Section 22 of the Citizenship Act provides that a person cannot become a Canadian citizen in certain circumstances. These circumstances are based on when your citizenship application was signed. Please visit our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/situations.asp to review details about the circumstances which could prevent you from becoming a Canadian citizen.
Therefore, all applications for citizenship are sent for a search of criminal records, using the biographical information on the application form, to determine whether there may be cases which require further review with regard to the provisions of section 21 or 22 of the Citizenship Act.
Where there is an indication that a criminal record may be involved, it is essential to ensure that there is no error in the identity of the applicant concerned, therefore we request fingerprints to verify the applicant’s identity.

None of these apply to me.

My name is a very common so maybe they just need to confirm my identity but is this something to worry about?

born2rule

May 7, 2023
Question for everyone and I apologize if this stirs up any confusion:

After writing the test, do you get any email stating you passed the test? or the only change is the Tracker gets updated as completed?

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Question for everyone and I apologize if this stirs up any confusion:

After writing the test, do you get any email stating you passed the test? or the only change is the Tracker gets updated as completed?
You don't get any email after completing the test unless you choose to email yourself the result. However, the result at that time is yet to be established by IRCC as final. So please allow for 3 to 5 days for the test section to change to Complete on your portal. mine was updated 2 days later.

born2rule

May 7, 2023
You don't get any email after completing the test unless you choose to email yourself the result. However, the result at that time is yet to be established by IRCC as final. So please allow for 3 to 5 days for the test section to change to Complete on your portal. mine was updated 2 days later.
Appreciate your response, mine too updated in the same time frame, talking to a friend I heard about the email, wanted to verify.

Reactions: Chrislo77

S.mina

Jul 28, 2023
Anyone from the June applicants have anything beyond background completed on the tracker? I only see one person on the spreadsheet.