+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi everyone! I got an update today on tracker saying my test period starts August 18. How long should I wait for the email? Checked email/spam no email invite as of now

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1096
Application: Single
Application sent: June 20
Delivered: June 20
AOR: July 25

Gu update 1: August 10
Gu update 2: test date on the tracker but no email yet
everything but oath is in process
Normally test invite email should arrive up to 2 days prior to your designated test period, if not give IRCC a call or submit a webform.

Reactions: S.mina

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi folks! I have a question. Turns out that I got fingerprint requests and invite to the citizenship test around the same time.

I had given fingerprints for a previous visas. Is a fingerprint request and/or citizenship test a good sign or a bad sign?
Fingerprint requests are requested either randomly or if they need to clear your name from any other person holding the same name and having a criminal record. This is definitely good news, it means they are working on your application not sitting on someone's pile of files. Fingerprints take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks to return to IRCC, after which your BG will be completed. You can ask the RCMP office to provide you with a tracking number for your fingerprint if you want to follow up with CCRTIS.
Best of luck.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Hi folks! I have a question. Turns out that I got fingerprint requests and invite to the citizenship test around the same time.

I had given fingerprints for a previous visas. Is a fingerprint request and/or citizenship test a good sign or a bad sign?
It's good. Someone is working on your file. Fingerprints and test are parts of the process. Nothing to worry about as long as you didn't misrepresent any info.

• Love
Reactions: AnonyKaty

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
This is my timeline:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1106
Application: Single
Application sent: Jun 19 2023
Delivered: Jun 19 2023
AOR: July 24 2023
Background Completed: Pending
Test Invite: Pending
Test Completed: Pending
LPP: Pending
Oath Invite: Pending
Oath: Pending

prasanth reddy

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
Nomination.....
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-03-2015
Today, I see update for test, but not received the email yet. I am in India and want to take test from India. Do I need to wait for the email to reply for the request ? any idea please.
  • Aug 25, 2023

Scheduled for citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between August 25, 2023 and September 14, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Aug 11, 2023

Activity status updated: Citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Jul 26, 2023

Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jul 4, 2023

Application filed
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Today, I see update for test, but not received the email yet. I am in India and want to take test from India. Do I need to wait for the email to reply for the request ? any idea please.
  • Aug 25, 2023

Scheduled for citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between August 25, 2023 and September 14, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Aug 11, 2023

Activity status updated: Citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Jul 26, 2023

Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jul 4, 2023

Application filed
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
Yes the email has the details on what needs to be done to take the test from outside Canada.

prasanth reddy

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
Nomination.....
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-03-2015
Yes the email has the details on what needs to be done to take the test from outside Canada.
Thanks for the response. Will it delay the process if I request to take outside Canada ? or it can be completed within the timeline ?

HVK89

Jul 25, 2023
you have not followed up?
What is the problem with them?
do they really understand our situation?
what the hell are they doing!
I did follow up many, many, times. I was told they would contact the processing centre. Two weeks went by and I was told to order GMSC notes, still haven't heard anything on that and they were ordered in June. Then I spoke to an agent on August 4th who told me to re-apply, so I did on the same day. I got AOR for the NEW application on August 11th :/

• Sad
Reactions: Jalalcananda