+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 INLAND Spousal Sponsorship Paper Based

Mar 29, 2022
Hi everyone,
I submitted my Inland Application + OWP. My application was received: June 22, 2022 and I received AOR on July, 14, 2022. Do you know how long it takes to receive OWP after the AOR? I checked on google sheet, it seems like a week after AOR, I should receive it. I am worried since my current work permit will expire soon and HR from my company keeps asking me for the new work permit :(.

willowo4

Star Member
May 3, 2021
No idea, It has been one month since I received AOR, done with the medical and biometrics, still waiting for OWP.

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Hi everyone,
I submitted my Inland Application + OWP. My application was received: June 22, 2022 and I received AOR on July, 14, 2022. Do you know how long it takes to receive OWP after the AOR? I checked on google sheet, it seems like a week after AOR, I should receive it. I am worried since my current work permit will expire soon and HR from my company keeps asking me for the new work permit :(.
You will have implied status as a worker once your current work permit expires. Tell your HR that it doesn't matter, you are legally allowed to continue working as long as your application is still being processed and you remain in Canada.

Quoted from IRCC:
"If a temporary resident also applies for renewal of their work or study permit before the expiry of their existing permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, paragraph R186(u) or section R189 authorizes them to work or study without a permit under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal and only as long as the person remains in Canada."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

potatochips

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Application Type
Spousal Sponsorship + OWP
Inland

My timeline
Application delivered: 5th June 2022
AOR:
Medical Request:
OWP:
COPR:

TTTHost

Jul 30, 2022
Hi Guys, Just wondering who receives the AOR. The sponsor or the applicant?

I am sponsoring my wife and i received an email confirming my application to sponsor has been received. Is the the AOR we’d submit for the work permit application?

Ibtii10

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
VISIT
Hi Guys, Just wondering who receives the AOR. The sponsor or the applicant?

I am sponsoring my wife and i received an email confirming my application to sponsor has been received. Is the the AOR we’d submit for the work permit application?
Sponsor or the PA can receive an AOR. If the application number provided in he email starts with F0.. That is the AOR.

You can link your application online on GCKey using that application number provided to you. The GCKey account has to be the Principal Applicants.

As for the OWP, you can link your OWP to the GCKey account as well. There is no AOR for OWP

Reactions: YVR123 and saad_im