+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 INLAND Spousal Sponsorship Paper Based

PTO

Aug 12, 2022
This morning I received an email stating I received the following:

Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR 2024/11/04. I had applied for a visitors extension and also for PR- spousal-inland paper.
So is this my work permit as it is valid for 2 years?
They also gave me a new ETA valid for 5 years. Is this work permit multiple entry automaticly or am I not able to leave the country till I get my COPR?

Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This morning I received an email stating I received the following:

Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR 2024/11/04. I had applied for a visitors extension and also for PR- spousal-inland paper.
So is this my work permit as it is valid for 2 years?
They also gave me a new ETA valid for 5 years. Is this work permit multiple entry automaticly or am I not able to leave the country till I get my COPR?

Thanks
If you apply inland, you should stay in Canada.
Not sure about the work permit. But you could leave for short trips. But do not move out of Canada while waiting for your PR application/sponsorship to complete.

PTO

Aug 12, 2022
Hi, I finally got hold of someone at Immigration after trying for 3 weeks. The WP EXT is a work permit without any limitations. I can leave Canada for short trips but was highly recommended to only go with your sponsoring spouse ( if that is your situation).
The lady also told me there is no way of telling how long anything takes at the moment. Some AOR could take 7 or 8 months, and some just a week. Also, once they have started the application it could still take well over a year to get COPR. We are just happy we finally have a work permit and are able to live life normally for 2 years now.

Darren97

Star Member
May 18, 2022
Hi, I finally got hold of someone at Immigration after trying for 3 weeks. The WP EXT is a work permit without any limitations. I can leave Canada for short trips but was highly recommended to only go with your sponsoring spouse ( if that is your situation).
The lady also told me there is no way of telling how long anything takes at the moment. Some AOR could take 7 or 8 months, and some just a week. Also, once they have started the application it could still take well over a year to get COPR. We are just happy we finally have a work permit and are able to live life normally for 2 years now.
Did the agent specifically said that AOR can take up to 7 or 8 months? I'm still waiting for my AOR for 6.5 months now (online/outland).

PTO

Aug 12, 2022
Hi, yes they did. I asked why I had not even an email or any notification that the application was received and they don't do that. My first application was online and was sent back after 7 or 8 weeks because it was missing 2 signatures, which I didn't agree with. But anyways, they just close it and go to the next. No idea how it is with outland applications. Some offices are a lot busier than others I'm guessing. Good luck with the application, waiting for so long is just horrible.

Darren97

Star Member
May 18, 2022
Hi, yes they did. I asked why I had not even an email or any notification that the application was received and they don't do that. My first application was online and was sent back after 7 or 8 weeks because it was missing 2 signatures, which I didn't agree with. But anyways, they just close it and go to the next. No idea how it is with outland applications. Some offices are a lot busier than others I'm guessing. Good luck with the application, waiting for so long is just horrible.
Outland applications stay in Canada before AOR, so it's for the Sydney NS office in Canada to deal with the first few stages. Yes it is terrible waiting so long just for the AOR, I've seen other applications later than mine got approved which makes no sense to me.

Khush3009

Sep 11, 2018
Nope not yet . On the PR tracker I have my copr number showing and on the ECAS I have decision made showing but the gc key hasn't updated since invitation to arrival services at end of august so hopefully soon I get portal invite.
Hey
Did you get the portal invite yet ?

Mayoo4sam

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Hey
Did you get the portal invite yet ?

Application Type
common law Sponsorship + OWP
Inland
Paper

My timeline

Application delivered: July 19th
AOR: August 10th
Medical Request: August 10th
Medical completed: Aug 14th
Biometrics on file
OWP:august 16th
Pre arrival services: Aug 23rd
Background check completed : Oct 18th

ECAS-decison made :Oct 20th

pR tracker - copr document number showing : Oct 20th

All 4 stages on PR tracker are marked as complete .

PPR: not yet