+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Miharbi

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Other
18 months is the current maximum processing time posted on the IRCC website. I guess December will be the deadline for this cohort.
I am sure there is no max / cap on processing time. The 18 months is the (current) AVERAGE processing time (for 80% of applications). If the average processing time is exceeded, then can apply for an Order of Mandamus, where a federal court hears requests and pressures IRCC to decide on the application. Mind you, you will have to hire a lawyer and meet certain conditions.

Miharbi

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Other
Looks like it is really hard for many of us who are the applicant from June-2022.

I am still waiting for Language, Prohibition and Physical presence to be Completed from In progress.
I have other two things already completed since Dec-2022.

I have ordered GCMS Notes as well, but it does not show any specific information like what keep them blocked.
For no Reason, we just need to wait since they did not request anything to me to provide.

God, Please Help Now !!!!
Timeline:
Applied on May-24 2022
AOR - 1st June
BG Competed - Nov 2022
Test Completed and Updated - Dec 2022
GCMS Notes Applied and got Ghost update which changed nothing on 12th Aug-2023.
LPP - In Progress.
Ceremony - Not Started.
I compared my GCMS notes from March vs. August and they are identical, nothing has changed. The last update on my online tracker was March 2.

416Newbie

May 16, 2023
I compared my GCMS notes from March vs. August and they are identical, nothing has changed. The last update on my online tracker was March 2.
I have same issue as well, though when I logged on for last months ghost update on my phone it had next to my old listed completions new updates then the following day that message disappeared. I just obtained a new GMCS note comparing it to one received in May and there is absolutely no change. So besides the address update in February 2023, there has been no work done since November 2022. I had even written to the Minister where I received a cut and paste answer to my question which wasn’t answered, just pointing to the 18 month waiting time, completely ignoring my question as to why April - June 2022 applications seem to have ground to a halt yet brand new 2023 applicants have even got their passports now. I’m wondering if I should just pull my application and start again. I’ve had 3 renewals of PR card, been at the same job a number of years and thought stupidly that my application would be relatively straight forward.

rocky777

Sep 29, 2017
Finally, I got an email from IRCC with instructions to download an electronic Canadian Citizenship Certificate (e-Certificate) but I have not yet received any invitation for oath. Is it normal to receive this email prior to the Oath ceremony?

In the tracker, everything shows completed but the Oath ceremony shows - "Not started" and the overall status of the application is "In progress".

What should I expect next? Any idea when should I get the Oath invitation with the oath ceremony date? TIA

Last edited:

ashbourne87

Jun 16, 2022
Hello Everyone, I have been quietly following this group for a while now, and just like everyone else my application is still in process and only God knows when it will be finalized. I would need your advise as I am planning to go back home to visit my parents. I never saw them for almost 5 years now. I am planning to book a flight for February 2024. However, my PR card is expired and I heard that PR card renewal takes couple of months as well. My question is should I apply for a renewal now? Or should I wait for an oath? Do you think it will happen to us very soon?

Here's my timeline:

June 16 - Application files
November 24 - Background Verification Completed
February 8 - Citizenship Test Completed

I've had two ghost updates after that, one was on March 2, 2023 and the recent one was on August 23, 2023. When i called the IRCC, nothing else was completed on my app. Apparently there was just an update with security clearances etc.. but LPP are still pending.

Anyone else in similar situation?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Everyone, I have been quietly following this group for a while now, and just like everyone else my application is still in process and only God knows when it will be finalized. I would need your advise as I am planning to go back home to visit my parents. I never saw them for almost 5 years now. I am planning to book a flight for February 2024. However, my PR card is expired and I heard that PR card renewal takes couple of months as well. My question is should I apply for a renewal now? Or should I wait for an oath? Do you think it will happen to us very soon?

Here's my timeline:

June 16 - Application files
November 24 - Background Verification Completed
February 8 - Citizenship Test Completed

I've had two ghost updates after that, one was on March 2, 2023 and the recent one was on August 23, 2023. When i called the IRCC, nothing else was completed on my app. Apparently there was just an update with security clearances etc.. but LPP are still pending.

Anyone else in similar situation?
Did you apply for GCMS notes?
Once LPP completes is when you can do things for getting your oath scheduled.

Currently you can wait for it to complete or wait for 18 months ETA to be breached to take MP's office help.

ashbourne87

Jun 16, 2022
Did you apply for GCMS notes?
Once LPP completes is when you can do things for getting your oath scheduled.

Currently you can wait for it to complete or wait for 18 months ETA to be breached to take MP's office help.

Yes, i did apply for GCMS notes. Nothing was really standing out to me there except the fact that my LPP havent been started yet. And my primary office is Sydney, secondary office is Scarborough. My file is assigned to RC-8090 and I can see there there was a due date of June 11, 2023 on Language, Prohibitions and Residence which is obviously passed the date. I am getting frustrated and just wanted to take a vacation as soon as possible. Seriously this whole process is depressing.

Reactions: may2019

ashbourne87

Jun 16, 2022
And what's even more depressing and discouraging is the fact the some applications are processed faster than my own when in fact they applied wayyyyy later. My application is supposed to be straight forward. Don't know why the delay...

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
And what's even more depressing and discouraging is the fact the some applications are processed faster than my own when in fact they applied wayyyyy later. My application is supposed to be straight forward. Don't know why the delay...
If your trip is mandatory then I would advise you renew your pr card. Most June applications are done, but unfortunately some of us assigned to Sydney office are still waiting.

may2019

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Yes, i did apply for GCMS notes. Nothing was really standing out to me there except the fact that my LPP havent been started yet. And my primary office is Sydney, secondary office is Scarborough. My file is assigned to RC-8090 and I can see there there was a due date of June 11, 2023 on Language, Prohibitions and Residence which is obviously passed the date. I am getting frustrated and just wanted to take a vacation as soon as possible. Seriously this whole process is depressing.
Yes, RC-8090 is the main reason of our delay. RC-8090 is notorious for its delay.

Vladmir

Jul 18, 2018
Got tired of waiting after completing test in December and LPP still in progress. I have renewed my PR card . Guess I will just keep this at the back of my mind till they decide to complete the application. If you are waiting and your PR card is expiring. Recommend renewing it to reduce unnecessary agitation

Reactions: may2019

SMNewMember

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hello All,

quick question for those who took the oath recently.

My oath is scheduled on August 21 and I have received the email with zoom login details.
The email mentions that I can select the preferred way to receive my certificate i.e. e-certificate or paper before the ceremony begins.

so if I choose to receive e-certificate, in how many days do I receive the certificate?

also has anyone applied for their Canadian passport with Canadian Consulate overseas using the certificate?

i plan to fly out 2-3 days after taking oath.
TIA
Were you able to figure this out? I am in a similar situation and need to fly out after oath with e-certificate. Also will need to apply for passport from a consulate overseas so would be keen to know about your experience.

vidalbr

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
04-04-2017
Med's Done....
16-03-2017
Just wanted to share that today I've finally got an email to take oath on Oct 12th. I was checking my account every week or so and after 8 months, since the last real update, everything got updated all at once today.

My Citizenship Application / timeline
Online Application filled: May 31st 2022
AOR Received: June 02nd 2022
Background check: Fingerprints request Nov 21st 2022
Fingerprints collected and sent Dec 07th 2022
Ghost update: Dec 16th 2022
Background check completed: Jan 09th 2023 (website updated Jan 11th 2023)
Test Invite: Jan 24th 2023
Test taken: Jan 31st 2023
Test Completed: Feb 01st (website updated Feb 03rd 2023)
Ghost update: Mar 2nd 2023
LPP completed on Sep 06th (website shows updated on Sep16th, but real update happened on Sep 28th)
Oath Ceremony: Scheduled to take Oath on Oct 12th 2023 via Zoom meeting

Additional info: I've never raised any webform or requested any notes.