(GCMS Notes Received: 5 July 2023)
(Ghost update: 23 August 2023)
Language skills: In progress
Physical presence: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship ceremony: Not started

saifali_a95

Jan 8, 2021
Anyone knows how long does it take to get the oath ceremony rescheduled? I got an oath ceremony invitation in June and I was traveling outside Canada for my wedding. I informed them immediately to reschedule me. It's been more than a month since I came back to Canada and still I am waiting for the oath invitation. I sent them multiple emails and web forms and it seems like they just don't want to respond to me.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Anyone knows how long does it take to get the oath ceremony rescheduled? I got an oath ceremony invitation in June and I was traveling outside Canada for my wedding. I informed them immediately to reschedule me. It's been more than a month since I came back to Canada and still I am waiting for the oath invitation. I sent them multiple emails and web forms and it seems like they just don't want to respond to me.
Rescheduling is always tricky. There are people in the forum waiting since 6 months for a date and still haven't got one. Keep asking and they might schedule

Reactions: saifali_a95

ujji

Jan 28, 2021
Hello folks,

I was scheduled for an in-person oath ceremony on June 21st at the Mississauga Office. Since I had an international trip planned, I had to reschedule my ceremony. Since my return to Canada, I've tried emailing the CIC Mississauga office a few times and also attached my return boarding pass but I haven't heard back.

If anyone has been able to get their ceremony rescheduled please let me know how, it'll be much appreciated

Saurabh_Trivedi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Looks like it is really hard for many of us who are the applicant from June-2022.

I am still waiting for Language, Prohibition and Physical presence to be Completed from In progress.
I have other two things already completed since Dec-2022.

I have ordered GCMS Notes as well, but it does not show any specific information like what keep them blocked.
For no Reason, we just need to wait since they did not request anything to me to provide.

God, Please Help Now !!!!
Timeline:
Applied on May-24 2022
AOR - 1st June
BG Competed - Nov 2022
Test Completed and Updated - Dec 2022
GCMS Notes Applied and got Ghost update which changed nothing on 12th Aug-2023.
LPP - In Progress.
Ceremony - Not Started.

Mistymac

Dec 2, 2022
No progress on mine since test was marked complete in March. No ghost updates..nothing. LPP in progress and ceremony not started.
Im leaving out if the country next month for a few weeks so now Im hoping I don't get a ceremony invite before Oct 27th. Go from desperately wanting something to hoping it doesn't happen yet.
They won't tell you anything when you do call. I get the same line..its within the processing time frame. So ill phone when that deadline has passed

canada2025

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
Same boat as you!

Looks like it is really hard for many of us who are the applicant from June-2022.

I am still waiting for Language, Prohibition and Physical presence to be Completed from In progress.
I have other two things already completed since Dec-2022.

I have ordered GCMS Notes as well, but it does not show any specific information like what keep them blocked.
For no Reason, we just need to wait since they did not request anything to me to provide.

God, Please Help Now !!!!
Timeline:
Applied on May-24 2022
AOR - 1st June
BG Competed - Nov 2022
Test Completed and Updated - Dec 2022
GCMS Notes Applied and got Ghost update which changed nothing on 12th Aug-2023.
LPP - In Progress.
Ceremony - Not Started.