+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

LPP Completed - July 6, 2023
Oath Scheduled - Aug 15, 2023

Received e-mail on how to download e-certificate but no e-mail abut where and what time the ceremony will be.

Also, can I switch from e to physical certificate?
In some cases you may have to reschedule oath to change type of certificate. Oath email will have that details.

Reactions: UPPI

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
In some cases you may have to reschedule oath to change type of certificate. Oath email will have that details.

Thanks for the response.

Any idea when will i receive the ceremony email? And the ceremonies being done in person or online?

Thanks in advance.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for the response.

Any idea when will i receive the ceremony email? And the ceremonies being done in person or online?

Thanks in advance.
Most are online, rare ones are in-person. You should get the email by next week. If you don't get it 6 days before the ceremony, call IRCC.

Varun84

Oct 21, 2016
hi folks,
I am a bit worried regarding the progress of my application I submitted the application in June 2022, got the AOR in July 2022 (case processing centre Sydney) and gave the citizenship test in Feb 2023. Only the background verification and test are showing as completed in the tracker while all other sections are in progress, with ceremony not started. Its been really long and I have no update on why is it taking so long for processing. What can I do to get a better handle on where my application is stuck at? Anyone else in the same boat with this long processing time/slow progress?

thanks
Varun

Reactions: may2019

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
hi folks,
I am a bit worried regarding the progress of my application I submitted the application in June 2022, got the AOR in July 2022 (case processing centre Sydney) and gave the citizenship test in Feb 2023. Only the background verification and test are showing as completed in the tracker while all other sections are in progress, with ceremony not started. Its been really long and I have no update on why is it taking so long for processing. What can I do to get a better handle on where my application is stuck at? Anyone else in the same boat with this long processing time/slow progress?

thanks
Varun
Hi Varun,

My wife applied in June 2022 and passed test in December. After that there was a long pause and just recently on July 1 she received her background check cleared and after some days LLP also cleared. She is now scheduled for oath on August 8. The processing time on the website is 19 months as per best of my knowledge. In case you inquire before that time, IRCC will give you a generic response even if you try to approach your MP. Therefore, the best thing is to wait within your processing time. Hopefully you will get it done by or before that time. It will be a waste of your effort and time to contact IRCC before 19 months. My idea regarding my wife's application was also the same. Best of luck!

Vladmir

Jul 18, 2018
hi folks,

thanks
Varun
I applied first week in June 2022. Background completed in October and test taken in December 2022. Nothing else since then. I ordered GCMS notes and that showed nothing, called IRCC once and they said it was within timeline . So I guess just wait .

Reactions: Varun84 and may2019

shirin1313

Jul 5, 2019
update on my application.

I applied in June 3 2022, AOR is mid June, Background was finished on Dec 5. and no update, had a ghost update on March 2nd and then again nothing, no invite to test or anything,

In Jule 2023 however I got invited to do the test, which I did on July 17, and now tracker is updated on July 27 that I had actually passed the test.

Cannot wait for all the marks on the tracker to finish.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
update on my application.

I applied in June 3 2022, AOR is mid June, Background was finished on Dec 5. and no update, had a ghost update on March 2nd and then again nothing, no invite to test or anything,

In Jule 2023 however I got invited to do the test, which I did on July 17, and now tracker is updated on July 27 that I had actually passed the test.

Cannot wait for all the marks on the tracker to finish.
You application is moving really slow. Hopefully the last few steps will complete faster.

may2019

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
IRCC really owes much to us, compared with some guys who got finished the process within 6 months. Why it is so nice to those guys, while so mean to us who are still waiting for lpp 13.5 months after submitting application!

Reactions: becca545

416Newbie

May 16, 2023
Hi all, I'm so frustrated right now seeing the speed of people who have applied this year and already got their ceremonies and citizenship. My timeline is as follows:
Application: Single application
Applied online: May 2022 (but then there was an error that it wouldn't accept dates entered so had to reapply again)
AOR: June 10, 2022
Background verification completed: November 24, 2022
Ghost update: March 2, 2023

There has been nothing else happening, the same 3 items of language, presence and prohibitions are all in progress, since the first November 2022 update. I haven't been invited for the citizenship test (due to age) but of course will be called to do an interview. I even got GCMS notes not once but twice (to make sure that my new address had been registered but that was the only new thing that was listed on my GCMS notes). Even though Scarborough office is mentioned as secondary office (I think that is because of the past PR card renewals), the Sydney office was the office that updated my recent change of address.

I don't understand what is going on. I had lived at the same address for nearly 9 years, and have been with the same employer for nearly 8, so very checkable and verifiable information, along with a couple of PR card renewals.

I had applied for a couple of jobs which had required me to be a citizen so have already missed out on these opportunities. Are there many others in the same boat as me? Like I wonder if the officer dealing with my case has left.

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Hi all, I'm so frustrated right now seeing the speed of people who have applied this year and already got their ceremonies and citizenship. My timeline is as follows:
Application: Single application
Applied online: May 2022 (but then there was an error that it wouldn't accept dates entered so had to reapply again)
AOR: June 10, 2022
Background verification completed: November 24, 2022
Ghost update: March 2, 2023

There has been nothing else happening, the same 3 items of language, presence and prohibitions are all in progress, since the first November 2022 update. I haven't been invited for the citizenship test (due to age) but of course will be called to do an interview. I even got GCMS notes not once but twice (to make sure that my new address had been registered but that was the only new thing that was listed on my GCMS notes). Even though Scarborough office is mentioned as secondary office (I think that is because of the past PR card renewals), the Sydney office was the office that updated my recent change of address.

I don't understand what is going on. I had lived at the same address for nearly 9 years, and have been with the same employer for nearly 8, so very checkable and verifiable information, along with a couple of PR card renewals.

I had applied for a couple of jobs which had required me to be a citizen so have already missed out on these opportunities. Are there many others in the same boat as me? Like I wonder if the officer dealing with my case has left.
It is very frustrating only you can feel more than anyone else. I will give you a precise recommendation on the basis of your case. That is, wait till your process time reaches 19 months and after that contact your MP if your case is still pending. In case you try those things now it will be a waste of you time and effort and will give you in return more frustration. I hope you will get your citizenship within 19 months. All the best!

416Newbie

May 16, 2023
Not able to log in to the tracker today. Anyone facing the same issue?
I’ve had similar issues, maybe clear your cache and try again. Also I find if you have saved your password, on the password line I press space then backspace and hit enter to get into the website which stops some of the other login issues