+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

long_road

May 12, 2023
I have the Same time line as you, except my AOR is June 1st 2022. My LPP Only is in progress since Dec18 as well and update on March 2nd (BG Completed) with no progress. Feeling same here !

On the other hand my wife also having the Application in progress, where all the sections are completed except Oath(Not Started), she had completed all section on June 8th and since then no update on Oath as well.

seeing lot of other people are getting oath and getting completed before our time frame, can not understand like what is wrong with our applications ?
Most likely there is nothing wrong with your application. I know someone who works in the immigration office, who has worked in a few different areas, such as PR apps, and verifying sponsor eligibility for various types of applications. The truth is, there is practically no accountability. It is very very hard to get into trouble due to the speed or the quality of their work. Some people are just slow at their job and we are at their mercy.

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
were you able to be at the ceremony?
Yes I’ll be attending the ceremony. The ceremony is on Aug 21. I’ll try and stay for 4-5 days and request for urgent processing of citizen certificate. Otherwise my family can receive and send it over to me.
I’ll then apply for a passport at the Canadian Consulate.

dukees86

Aug 2, 2017
Yes I’ll be attending the ceremony. The ceremony is on Aug 21. I’ll try and stay for 4-5 days and request for urgent processing of citizen certificate. Otherwise my family can receive and send it over to me.
I’ll then apply for a passport at the Canadian Consulate.
I advise you to go to notary public and authenticate Power of attorney for one of your family members so he/she could pick up mail on your behalf.
In that case you can leave Canada as soon as you’re done with oath.

spicysank

Apr 2, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Other
Hey Guys,

Anyone else on the same boat? LPP completed in March 2023 and since then stuck at citizenship ceremony "Not Started". Not sure what the holdup is really.

dukees86

Aug 2, 2017
I sent and email to DN MIS Citizenship Ceremony, they replied that my case is closed and that I have received an email.
But I haven't received it. I replied that of course and now waiting.
Also called IRCC customer care, they say that the certificate is ready but they cannot see the access code hence cannot share it with me.
So the nightmare continues.

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Finally my tracker updated on July 18 and I have my oath scheduled for August 21.

but as luck would have it, I’ve left Canada and my new job starts on August 27, which will be difficult for me to re-schedule.
Does anyone know the process to reschedule your oath ceremony and if so what would be the expected rescheduled date?
What’s your timeline?

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
I advise you to go to notary public and authenticate Power of attorney for one of your family members so he/she could pick up mail on your behalf.
In that case you can leave Canada as soon as you’re done with oath.
oh thank you for the update. Does it need to be picked up or does the certificate arrive in-mail?

dukees86

Aug 2, 2017
I sent and email to DN MIS Citizenship Ceremony, they replied that my case is closed and that I have received an email.
But I haven't received it. I replied that of course and now waiting.
Also called IRCC customer care, they say that the certificate is ready but they cannot see the access code hence cannot share it with me.
So the nightmare continues.
Ok I managed to download the certificate, it was uploaded on the portal page that was associated with my other email address. So, these things happen, I didn’t get the email from IRCC.
My job here is done, thank you all for the info and friendly spirit.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi,

LPP Completed - July 6, 2023
Oath Scheduled - Aug 15, 2023

Received e-mail on how to download e-certificate but no e-mail abut where and what time the ceremony will be.

Also, can I switch from e to physical certificate?