+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

AJ_77

Oct 16, 2020
My application hasn't seen any movement since Dec 22, 2022. LPP is still in progress. My application is straightforward as they come yet there has been such a long delay. Contacting IRCC has been futile. No response to webforms and to my calls. I am very worried that there is some issue with my application and I can't get in touch with them to find out what it is.
Patience bro. Nothing is wrong with your application. Since you're a June applicant your application is well within their 21 months timeline. LPP takes a lot of time. Everybody's application is straight forward yet each application is different so don't look at others if their application is taken care faster than yours. There's no point of reaching IRCC they will simply shut you off saying its within their timeline. Nothing you can do to escalate it except just wait patiently. Was your test completed and when did you complete it? It takes 4-6 months to get ceremony scheduled after the citizenship test. But having said that it can take longer than that for some applicants.

Mistymac

Dec 2, 2022
They sometimes request additional information in the same PDF as your Test invite - so maybe double check that email to see if there is a request there. Mine was under the heading "Important Notice: Document Request".
Yes I looked several times under various headings. Checked spam too. I got the email from the agent right away with the link.

Mistymac

Dec 2, 2022
My application hasn't seen any movement since Dec 22, 2022. LPP is still in progress. My application is straightforward as they come yet there has been such a long delay. Contacting IRCC has been futile. No response to webforms and to my calls. I am very worried that there is some issue with my application and I can't get in touch with them to find out what it is.
I thought the same. I came to Canada as a minor and have lived most of my life here. ‍♀

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
@nazgul86 @IND_CAD were you guys on the 1pm ceremony on the 18th of May? That was my time slot, but no certificate yet.
I had ceremony on 31 May, online, Montreal Office. They precisely told us that for those who wish to receive their certificates by mail, it will arrive between 4 to 6 weeks. And if anyone wishes to pick that up in person, not before June 20. The point I want to convey is that they will send you the certificate within the time they told you during the ceremony. Importantly, it is not always the same in all the ceremonies. They take this opportunity to convey this message more than couple of times during the ceremony. Therefore, no need to worry. Like others we all will get the certificate, as the real thing surpassed and you received the confirmation email with welcome message as new Canadian, from your ceremony office.

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
It’s exactly a year today I submitted. Test completed Dec 15 and LPP still in progress. Sighs!!!
You are not alone in the boat. My wife submitted her application on June 28 last year; though she cleared the test on Dec 9, her even background check is not clear yet.

AJ_77

Oct 16, 2020
You are not alone in the boat. My wife submitted her application on June 28 last year; though she cleared the test on Dec 9, her even background check is not clear yet.
People are just not patient and they keep looking how other applications are being processed and start comparing to their own timelines. They have to understand that if you are June 22 applicant then you still have another year to get your application completed. Try to look from immigration staff's perspective how many applications and complications they have to deal with on a daily basis. It is going to get completed within their timeline. Immigration doesn't have any grudge or anything against any applicant so they don't intentionally try to delay any applications.

nik.bapat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Pune
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-09-2018
Finally my wife received her citizenship certificate yesterday. So the last member of us has also completed her final step in immigration. This group has been of great help and guidance over these 5-6 years since we decided to apply for a PR. Thank you everyone in the group.

Type: Single, Online application
AOR: Jun 22, 2022
BG completed: Nov 29, 2022
Citizenship Test invitation: Jan 20, 2023
Test taken: Jan 28, 2023
Citizenship Test Completed: Jan 30, 2023
Language Skills Completed: Mar 15, 2023
Physical Presence Completed: Mar 15, 2023
Prohibitions Completed: Mar 15, 2023
Citizenship Ceremony: May 25, 2023
Certificate Received: Jun 06, 2023

Siddikid87

Feb 20, 2023
People are just not patient and they keep looking how other applications are being processed and start comparing to their own timelines. They have to understand that if you are June 22 applicant then you still have another year to get your application completed. Try to look from immigration staff's perspective how many applications and complications they have to deal with on a daily basis. It is going to get completed within their timeline. Immigration doesn't have any grudge or anything against any applicant so they don't intentionally try to delay any applications.
You do realize that many applicants from January and February of this year have already cruised through the whole process and have been invited for oaths. Frustrations arise when applicants who have applied in the latter part of 2022 and Early 2023 have their files closed while we are stuck in a limbo. Does that sound fair to you?? We have all paid the same application fee, all of us are tax paying residents. Shouldn't IRCC be doing FIFO on their applications.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
You do realize that many applicants from January and February of this year have already cruised through the whole process and have been invited for oaths. Frustrations arise when applicants who have applied in the latter part of 2022 and Early 2023 have their files closed while we are stuck in a limbo. Does that sound fair to you?? We have all paid the same application fee, all of us are tax paying residents. Shouldn't IRCC be doing FIFO on their applications.
On top of it I see applicants in 2023 thread getting frustrated with there processing speed :D

nik.bapat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Pune
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-09-2018
It is beyond doubt that IRCC is very opaque on the process they follow. And we have no option but to wait. Patience is the key, but you loose it when the timelines start to clash with your travel plans. Like in my case we had a travel plan end of June and IRCC went on strike. The bigger problem was they came back pretty quick to office again. I should say I was lucky to have the oath completed and certificate delivered just in time. Changing the oath dates would have added another few months of frustration.

AJ_77

Oct 16, 2020
I do understand your point and I agree that it should be first come first serve basis but IRCC doesn't have a centralized system. Each region deals with their own applicants therefore people have different timelines and some get their application completed earlier than others.

But my simple question to you is that has your application exceeded their 21 months processing time? No right. So that should be the end of this argument. If it would've exceeded that 21 months than by all means get frustrated all you want, escalate it, call IRCC, raise webforms, go to MP office etc. You are failing to understand that IRCC is receiving countless applications. Just yesterday I had my oath ceremony completed and they had about 130 applicants taking Oath and just in that zoom meeting people were asking countless questions to the immigration clerk. So imagine the load they are dealing with on a daily basis. For a moment realize things from their perspective as well.

Neither you are the only applicant in this pool nor you are their priority. They don't have any grudge against your application and they are not delaying it for any reason. They WILL make you a Canadian Citizen before their processing timeline. So just chill bro and wait patiently. Your time will come and as soon as you see an update you'll forget all your frustrations in a jiffy.

FYI - Your tax paying point is baseless. It has nothing to do with your citizenship application.