+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

AJ_77

Oct 16, 2020
Why is everything with IrCc so stressful and annoying.
It’s crazy to see people with later application dates get their citizenship while some are being held for over a year.
My citizenship application is stuck in a limbo after clearing test in February.
My PR card renewal application hasn’t even begun processing and I applied in Feb 2023. 4 months already.
So I’m basically a prisoner in this country. Paying taxes for absolute no reason.
Patience my brother. If your applications are within their timeline then there's nothing you can do but wait. Otherwise you can start pushing for your applications through MP office or if you have an email address of the case processing office then you can keep emailing them to get your application noticed.

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
It’s crazy to see people with later application dates get their citizenship while some are being held for over a year.
My PR card renewal application hasn’t even begun processing and I applied in Feb 2023. 4 months already.
So I’m basically a prisoner in this country. Paying taxes for absolute no reason.
I understand your stressfulness. But you are not alone. My wife passed citizenship test on Dec 10, 2022; still her background is not clear. Nothing we can do until the prescribed given period of 21 months is not over for processing citizenship applications.

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
I understand your stressfulness. But you are not alone. My wife passed citizenship test on Dec 10, 2022; still her background is not clear. Nothing we can do until the prescribed given period of 21 months is not over for processing citizenship applications.
hi Aslam,

I’m being patient but I’m in need of some travel document. Both my citizenship and Pr Renewal is stuck. I’m almost finalizing an overseas job offer and I want to avoid a situation where I would need to be back in less than a month for oath etc which again would be an issue as I don’t have my Pr card with me.

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Patience my brother. If your applications are within their timeline then there's nothing you can do but wait. Otherwise you can start pushing for your applications through MP office or if you have an email address of the case processing office then you can keep emailing them to get your application noticed.
Hi,

can you provide some guidance on how to reach my MP? I live in Toronto. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
You're almost there!
You can't compare your application with others. Not the same background, not the same travel history, perhaps not the same type of application (paper/online/family/solo) and so on and so forth.
It's frustrating but we're all in the same ship.
As for the taxes, I'm sure you'll enjoy still benefiting from healthcare, fire services, etc. I know you're saying that because you're frustrated but words have meaning, let's keep things in perspective. Enjoy the summer in Canada.

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
hi Aslam,

I’m being patient but I’m in need of some travel document. Both my citizenship and Pr Renewal is stuck. I’m almost finalizing an overseas job offer and I want to avoid a situation where I would need to be back in less than a month for oath etc which again would be an issue as I don’t have my Pr card with me.
Yes, I understand your frustration; how cumbersome it is that you have a plan to travel and your documents are not complete. Even after reading your posts I have also made a mind to apply for my wife's PR extension, it is going to expire in March 2024. As the wait has already passed 12 months mark. Let's see how the things shape. Hope you get your things on the track soon. Stay safe!

ladyday

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
How long is taking to get the certificates delivered at home (general idea of days) nowadays?

Telemonster

Aug 29, 2021
Hi, can you provide some guidance on how to reach my MP? I live in Toronto. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Based on my experience and conversation with a person that personally knows our MP, it is not going to do anything. You will get some answer from MP, but it will be the same you get on the phone with IRCC. MP will be like, "it is very important, good bye". As one person mentioned here (and I absolutely agree), the only thing that works is calling them in the morning and be very polite and professional, and do not talk about time line, that it takes too long or how you stressed. Operator should say that. It looks like we all have some rating based on how we do the paperwork and communicate.

vincyluthra

Aug 1, 2017
i am in the same boat, test cleared on 16 Dec 2022, nothing after, everything is in process

vincyluthra

Aug 1, 2017
Hello All,

I would like to know, if Anyone from June-2022 applicant by Niagara Office is in Progress or about to complete the Whole Process.

My Time Line is below. Online Application.
1. Application Submitted online - 24th May-2022.
2. AOR - 31st May-2022.
3. Background Completed - 16 Nov-2022.
4. Test Given - 9 Dec-2022.
4. Citizenship Test Status Completed - 12 Dec-2022.

After this point, I have all other 3 things(PP, BV, and LS) are in Progress only, no update on Citizenship Ceremony at all.
NO Fingerprints request yet.

Is anyone here also facing same amount of wait without any update since almost 5.5 months now ?
I am in the same boat, getting very anxious

Reactions: Saurabh_Trivedi

AlCanPR

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
How long is taking to get the certificates delivered at home (general idea of days) nowadays?
How long after the ceremony the tracker gets updated to complete? I think once the tracker is updated to “complete”, it means the certificate got issued and probably mailed.

Reactions: ladyday