+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

IOI1984

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Hey June applicants, my citizenship ceremony is scheduled for 7:45AM via zoom tomorrow but I still haven't received any cancellation email.
Anyone in the same boat? (ceremony invite email was from CIC-Mississauga)

Reactions: TheCanadianBeast

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Hey June applicants, my citizenship ceremony is scheduled for 7:45AM via zoom tomorrow but I still haven't received any cancellation email.
They are mostly sending out cancellation emails around 30 minutes prior to the ceremonies. This happened to several people today.
Please let us know if you are able to do your oath. Hope it works out for you!

Reactions: visaapplicant

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
They are mostly sending out cancellation emails around 30 minutes prior to the ceremonies. This happened to several people today.
Please let us know if you are able to do your oath. Hope it works out for you!
That sucks. People get ready only to get cancellation mail. I guess just assume it will be pushed out until the strike. But we may never know

TheCanadianBeast

Apr 20, 2023
I also had the same invite from CIC-MISSISSAUGA at 7:45 AM. No cancellation email yet.

IOI1984

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
I also had the same invite from CIC-MISSISSAUGA at 7:45 AM. No cancellation email yet.
Nothing happened at 7:45 AM. Official email from CIC says 7:45 AM. But I realized the zoom popup window says Start: 7:45 PM.
Now I'm really confused. Maybe they'll send the cancellation email close to 7:45 PM?

TheCanadianBeast

Apr 20, 2023
Nothing happened at 7:45 AM. Official email from CIC says 7:45 AM. But I realized the zoom popup window says Start: 7:45 PM.
Now I'm really confused. Maybe they'll send the cancellation email close to 7:45 PM?
I am waiting in the lobby too… I don’t think they will send the cancellation email at all… Very unprofessional

TheCanadianBeast

Apr 20, 2023
I am planning to reply to the same email saying I waited for 5 minutes but no one showed up.

IOI1984

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
I am waiting in the lobby too… I don’t think they will send the cancellation email at all… Very unprofessional
Now I'm thinking, what if there was no strike, the official pdf time and zoom link time are not the same. One is AM the other is PM.
I am planning to reply to the same email saying I waited for 5 minutes but no one showed up.
Does your zoom popup window say Start: 7:45 PM or AM?