+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
I asked SCR Office if my oath ceremony on May 9th will be rescheduled and I got the reply below soon:

Due to the current labour dispute we cannot give the ceremony information at this time. Please be patient while we wait and see how long this disruption will last. We have not cancelled the ceremony as yet. You will receive direction closer to the ceremony to let you know if it will be cancelled or not.

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
I asked SCR Office if my oath ceremony on May 9th will be rescheduled and I got the reply below soon:

Due to the current labour dispute we cannot give the ceremony information at this time. Please be patient while we wait and see how long this disruption will last. We have not cancelled the ceremony as yet. You will receive direction closer to the ceremony to let you know if it will be cancelled or not.

Reactions: vancitysai

vancitysai

Mar 16, 2023

I live outside Canada and my oath is scheduled on April 25th, Vancouver office though. I have to keep monitoring the situation on a daily basis, lol.

Last edited:

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
My wife submitted her application on June 16th she did the test on December 10 and her status is Test completed only. There is no movement since December 2022 and upon inquiry we receive the following email.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status page to learn how we are processing applications during the pandemic and how to check the status of your application:
  • Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

Reactions: may2019

TheCanadianBeast

Apr 20, 2023
Just talked to IRCC oath office over the phone. All the oaths in person & virtual cancelled due to strike.
they have sent emails and will continue sending the emails regarding cancellation
I have a Virtual Oath Ceremony scheduled for tomorrow morning. I haven't received the cancellation email. Scarborough office for processing and Mississauga office for oath invite.

@sumeet169 any idea on it buddy?

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
I live outside Canada and my oath is scheduled on April 25th, Vancouver office though. I have to keep monitoring the situation on a daily basis, lol.
I am also overseas and have my oath scheduled for the 27th of April. Booked a flight to Canada so I'd be able to attend the ceremony but now I'm not sure what to do.
What is your plan?

canada2025

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
Anyone from Calgary who applied online in June and got test completed Dec 15 and GU on Mar 2 and LPP is still in process?

vancitysai

Mar 16, 2023
I am also overseas and have my oath scheduled for the 27th of April. Booked a flight to Canada so I'd be able to attend the ceremony but now I'm not sure what to do.
What is your plan?
I am planning on waiting until 25th early morning to see if I receive any information. If not I will start my drive to Vancouver.

Reactions: felipeoxavier