+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
I keep seeing oaths being cancelled on other forum pages, and it's frustrating that this is happening at the last minute. These people don't seem to work much, it takes almost two years to process one application, yet they still demand more money and less work.
This is why almost no one likes unions..
They moved from "Meet all our demands" to "fair deal".

mayankrawat23

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Just now received this in the email - "Due to the strike action, your Citizenship ceremony planned for April 20 2023 is cancelled. We will reschedule your event as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding."

yxecanada

Mar 9, 2023
Is there a chance that some oath ceremony won’t be cancelled? Still not got an email yet. Oath is tomorrow! Anyone else not got a cancellation email?

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
Very interesting thing I found out. PSAC only have the budget to last for 4 days to pay for workers on strike. And politically, people are being affected by this and over all not happy with the strike, so the political parties supporting this will not be getting a lot from supporting the PSAC. But the main point it, PSAC can only pay for 4 days of strike pay and after that people on strike. So there is a huge incentive for PSAC itself to get back out of strike, else they will bankrupt themselves.

tiktoklady

Jun 14, 2022
I tried, they said you've to be patient! I submitted my child's PR card back in Jan 2023. I wonder how long do they need to process a certificate!?
@anu_c

Have you received your kid passport. I am also in same boat sent Original PR card since 2 months no response and online says still waiting on you when called they said have to be patience and waiting

NAGI123

Mar 18, 2021
Hello guys,
In my citizenship Portal account, I have been scheduling for Oath on April 28th, 2023. but I didn't receive any email yet.
should I call the ircc or I just wait for the email.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello guys,
In my citizenship Portal account, I have been scheduling for Oath on April 28th, 2023. but I didn't receive any email yet.
should I call the ircc or I just wait for the email.
As your Oath is one week away by now you should have had the email, do call IRCC.

mnakhaei60

Apr 17, 2020
Hello
My oath ceremony is on May 4. When should I receive the email if it is not cancelled due to strike? It was updated on April 13 but have not received emails yet.