+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

t3garg

Sep 27, 2018
Anyone know how long would it take to get the oath email after the tracker is updated to “waiting on you”?

t3garg

Sep 27, 2018
Usually a week before the actual oath date
And do they provide an option to add the address for Citizenship certificate delivery?
When I started my application, it was Vancouver’s address, but during the application I had to move to Seattle, so I updated the Seattle address through webform. Since they can only send the certificate on a Canadian address, will I get an option to add address for the certificate delivery?

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
And do they provide an option to add the address for Citizenship certificate delivery?
When I started my application, it was Vancouver’s address, but during the application I had to move to Seattle, so I updated the Seattle address through webform. Since they can only send the certificate on a Canadian address, will I get an option to add address for the certificate delivery?
You have to confirm it with office. I know that you cant take the oath from outside of Canada and you will have to cut your PR card during the ceremony, so you wont be able to get back in Canada

t3garg

Sep 27, 2018
You have to confirm it with office. I know that you cant take the oath from outside of Canada and you will have to cut your PR card during the ceremony, so you wont be able to get back in Canada
Yeah I am going to be coming to Canada for the oath. But do they send the citizenship certificate on the address mentioned in file, or they ask for an address anytime during the oath process?

sumeet169

Jul 27, 2018
Yeah I am going to be coming to Canada for the oath. But do they send the citizenship certificate on the address mentioned in file, or they ask for an address anytime during the oath process?
Best will be contact the office as this is sensitive issue and dont reply on any person. I am still a step behind to give a proper answer

parkland

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Single
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1107
Application sent: June 26th, 2022 (midnight)
Delivered: June 26th, 2022
AOR:June 30th, 2022
IP: July 1st, 2022
Citizenship Test requested: Dec 7th 2022 (between Dec 12 and Jan 2nd)
Finger print requested: DEC 7th, 2022
Citizenship Test completed: DEC 16th 2022
Finger print received: Jan 2nd 2023
Background completed: Jan 3rd 2023
LPP completed: MAR 16th 2023
Oath scheduled:APR 20th 2023.

Finally, last step is coming!
I hope it is in-person ceremony.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
They will ask the address however they cant send the certificate outside Canada.

t3garg

Sep 27, 2018
I did see online that IRCC does mail the "citizenship certificate" to any address in Canada or the US.

Has anyone done this? If I take the oath in Canada, and return back to the US on the same day. I have passport from India, has anyone done this?

Mrnassaro

Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am thinking of moving from Gatineau to Ottawa. I am still waiting for LPP and Oath. Would moving and changing my address affect my timeline or delay it?

akhileshtekchand

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-O
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
I am thinking of moving from Gatineau to Ottawa. I am still waiting for LPP and Oath. Would moving and changing my address affect my timeline or delay it?
I don't believe changing address using a webform will delay anything. There have been posts about how they ask you to confirm address during the oath, as address change requested using webforms did not get registered.