+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
It's shocking to see ANYONE in June get anything more than AOR... (coming from an Online November 2021 applicant, who only has AOR...)

This process is so screwed up that they are processing paper applications instead of Online applications. We have people still in early/late 2021 who sent online applications that are still not processed yet we see people in June already getting tests and oaths, It's ridiculous.

They need to stop accepting or processing paper applications and PROCESS APPLICATIONS in ORDER THEY ARE RECEIVED!!!.

Paper applications are seriously causing a huge problem with the backlog, it's a slower, manual way of processing applications compared to online.

ss2022

Jun 2, 2022
It's shocking to see ANYONE in June get anything more than AOR... (coming from an Online November 2021 applicant, who only has AOR...)

This process is so screwed up that they are processing paper applications instead of Online applications. We have people still in early/late 2021 who sent online applications that are still not processed yet we see people in June already getting tests and oaths, It's ridiculous.

They need to stop accepting or processing paper applications and PROCESS APPLICATIONS in ORDER THEY ARE RECEIVED!!!.

Paper applications are seriously causing a huge problem with the backlog, it's a slower, manual way of processing applications compared to online.
Hope, you are not expecting IRCC to stop processing family applicants as they have only paper application option.

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Hope, you are not expecting IRCC to stop processing family applicants as they have only paper application option.
I personally hope for a fairer treatment of all applications, right now, online applications are basically the last ones in all aspects, IRCC didn't inform us properly, who would have thought that a forum will be a more reliable source of information than the official website.
Yet, most of us chose the online path because IRCC didn't the disclose critically important information, in the sense that we would get the worst possible treatment, otherwise why any of us would have chosen a processing that would take around 20 months when one could have taken a 6 months option.
We're not speaking about a difference of a month or two, that's roughly 14 months, in the most optimistic scenario, this has to be a joke.
I know it's not the problem of paper applicants, I'm just perplexed about how IRCC functions, the luckiest gets their files processed in a FIFO manner, most of the others will have to wait until a mysterious lottery decides when it's their turn.
It's not how an organization in a first world country should function.

Reactions: sahibo and may2019

karim2414

Mar 23, 2016
Category........
CEC

I understand your frustration but commenting on random forums and blaming fellow applicants will only get you so far. Why not try and gather a group of online applicants (and paper applicants too) waiting for more than a year and complain to your respective MP. If there are many people complaining to their MPs all over Canada, they will be forced to act on it. I'm sure everyone here wants to see a fair process but that does not mean they shouldn't celebrate this milestone.

Good luck and best wishes to you and all fellow applicants who have been waiting more than 12 months! :)

Congrats to those who got their Oath scheduled!!

Reactions: BahaB and IND_CAD

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Updated in my Mom application timeline:

Physical Days: 1130 (She was credited 172 days base on her 344 days as a Visitor. She provided all her previous visitor record, air tickets, boarding pass, passport stamps for all her entries and exits...)
Method: Paper Based
Applicants: Single
Application sent: May 30, 2022
Delivered: June 1st, 2022
AOR: June 20th 2022

Ghost updated: 20 July. Ecas : in process 19th July

Ghost updated: 22 July

Fingerprints request 5th August, finger submit on 5th August. (Request Letter came from and asked to delivery her FP result to IRCC Vancouver office)

RCMP sent out result on Wed, 17th August

On Sep 12th morning my mom call IRCC Call Center to ask if they received her FP or not. They said they did not have any updated about her FP result and they told her to continue waiting.

Tracker update on Sep 15th: FP Received on Sep 12th, message says will review shortly;
then Background status: Completed on Sep13th. all those updated about FP result only appear on Tracker Sep 15th.

Tracker updated on Sep 22th: Scheduled for Citizenship test from 26 Sep-16 Oct

Mississauga Office processing time is really fast these days.
mine is mississauga office too - there’s absolutely silence since July when they sent an email for the test … no update since the test!

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
I submitted separate application for myself and my wife (Online) we both received AOR on 15th /17th of June 2022 but still nothing has been moved forward.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I submitted separate application for myself and my wife (Online) we both received AOR on 15th /17th of June 2022 but still nothing has been moved forward.
Online applicants currently seeing movement are from Jan/Feb 22. June 22, you need to wait some more months to see any movement.

OscarTsai

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Type: Paper application
Application: Family (2 adults)
Application sent: June 23, 2022
Delivered: June 27, 2022
AOR: July 11, 2022
Ecas update: September 09 - In Process
Background complete: The system shows September 13, but actually I see the complete status on September 15.
UPDATE* Citizenship test: September 30, You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between October 7, 2022 and October 27, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Update:

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1121
Application: Family (2 adults & 2 Minor)
Application sent: June 22, 2022
Delivered: June 24, 2022
AOR: July 06, 2022
ECAS update: August 12, 2022 - In Process
Background check changed to completed: August 17, 2022
Citizenship test scheduled on tracker: August 24 - Test window: August 29 - Sep 18 (Email Received: August 25, 2022)
Test Passed: August 31, 2022 (Updated on tracker: Sep 01)
ECAS update: Decision made - September 14, 2022.
Citizenship ceremony updated on tracker Sep, 28: Citizenship ceremony October 07, 2022.

Update the spread sheet

Good luck to all of you for speedy process.
Congrats

Reactions: aifarooqi

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hey fellas. How long does the BG check take when IRCC receives the FP results?

My mom got AOR on June 15th (Paper).
FP Request was made on Aug 10th. FP submitted the same day. The tracker shows that IRCC received the FP results on September 14th but still did not pass BG check till today. I see people passing BG the next day of IRCC receiving the FP results.

Is this normal?