App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Just curious, and pardon me for asking this, but why are you in a hurry? What's the problem if they take 2 years for awarding you the citizenship?
You don't have to answer my question, but I was just generally curious about the urgency.
I'll answer from my own perspective, A - you just wanna be done with something, B - Having a Canadian passport gives you way more options when it comes to traveling abroad, nobody wants to keep applying for visas here and there.
On top of that you won't have to renew your PR card (and spend the fees associated with it).
Lastly nobody wants to have his application delayed, online applications were supposed to be faster, had I known this fact I would have chosen a paper based application.

canspire

Star Member
Apr 30, 2022
South Sudan
I'll answer from my own perspective, A - you just wanna be done with something, B - Having a Canadian passport gives you way more options when it comes to traveling abroad, nobody wants to keep applying for visas here and there.
On top of that you won't have to renew your PR card (and spend the fees associated with it).
Lastly nobody wants to have his application delayed, online applications were supposed to be faster, had I known this fact I would have chosen a paper based application.
These are generic answers to "why would you want Canadian citizenship" and I totally agree.
My question was, more so, about the urgency. The IRCC website has a current average processing time for grant of citizenship as 27 months.
There is a fast-track processing channel as well, based on urgency and eligible applicants may request for fast-tracking their applications.
So, again, why do you feel that your application must be urgently processed. Isn't it fair to wait for 27 months just like everyone else does?
Again, you aren't obligated to answer my question. You may ignore my post. I was just posting a clarification.

Last edited:

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
These are generic answers to "why would you want Canadian citizenship" and I totally agree.
My question was, more so, about the urgency. The IRCC website has a current average processing time for grant of citizenship as 27 months.
There is a fast-track processing channel as well, based on urgency and eligible applicants may request for fast-tracking their applicants.
My question was, why do you feel that your application must be urgently processed. Isn't it fair to wait for 27 months just like everyone else does?
Again, you aren't obligated to answer my question. You may ignore my post. I was just posting a clarification.
I get your point, my answer was mainly about having fair processing times, paper and online should be treated the same way, and I agree with you that nobody should have preferential treatment.
If IRCC is implementing a new way of processing, hence the online version, they shouldn't use people as guinea pigs, either they're ready for it or not, otherwise they should either put a disclaimer or do their best to process the files the same way, right now online applications are completely stalled, which is unfair, my opinion is that IRCC doesn't really care about the ramifications that their decisions have on peoples lives, as simple as that.

Reactions: sahibo

canspire

Star Member
Apr 30, 2022
South Sudan
I get your point, my answer was mainly about having fair processing times, paper and online should be treated the same way, and I agree with you that nobody should have preferential treatment.
If IRCC is implementing a new way of processing, hence the online version, they shouldn't use people as guinea pigs, either they're ready for it or not, otherwise they should either put a disclaimer or do their best to process the files the same way, right now online applications are completely stalled, which is unfair, my opinion is that IRCC doesn't really care about the ramifications that their decisions have on peoples lives, as simple as that.
When has IRCC ever played fair? Just look at the way they've processed FSW applications, they've never been treated equally.
Same story with spousal or parental sponsorship applications. Every individual application has its own mystical timeline based on totally unpredictable factors.
Where did you get the idea that citizenship applications would/should be treated "fairly"?

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
When has IRCC ever played fair? Just look at the way they've processed FSW applications, they've never been treated equally.
Same story with spousal or parental sponsorship applications. Every individual application has its own mystical timeline based on totally unpredictable factors.
Where did you get the idea that citizenship applications would/should be treated "fairly"?
Well I've never said that IRCC was fair, even pre-covid some PR application used to be processed at around 1 month time mark, while others from the same period are still lingering to this date, nobody knows why some citizenship applications are flying, while others are pretty much stalled, my theory is that they need time to get accustomed to the online application method, but they should have announced that so that we mere mortals can take conscious decisions.

CanadaPR2018

Mar 13, 2018
family of 2:
Applied via paper: 15th May
AOR: 10th June
Background check - done
Citizenship test instruction given by IRCC: 27th Jul
Citizenship test given by me on 1st Aug
Awaiting next steps

Reactions: iceman55

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
family of 2:
Applied via paper: 15th May
AOR: 10th June
Background check - done
Citizenship test instruction given by IRCC: 27th Jul
Citizenship test given by me on 1st Aug
Awaiting next steps
Wow that is really good. Which office did you apply to? We applied from Montreal and there has been no movement on our file since June 16