+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
That's how it is "supposed" to be. However, if you look closely at the physical presence calculator it actually asks you to list your travels in the last five years. Let's say you wish to submit the application on 2022-06-19. The exact wording is as follows:

I know travels before beoming a PR (and if you never existed in Canada before then) should not matter and will have zero impact on the physical presence days. However, from what I read around in this forum, the issue may arise during the "interview". What if the officer brings this up?

Things you could do during the interview are:-
  • Tell the officer "hey why does that matter? The travels were made before I became a PR, and doesn't even impact my physical presence days."
  • Simply argue with the officer about how the physical presence calculator itself is flawed (which it is).
But, would you wanna do any of the above? I guess not ;)
I used a renowned immigration law firm. When we submitted my application, we didn’t include travel history prior to becoming a PR. I assume the lawyers know more than you and I do. Also, I submitted all pages of both of my passports, so if they want to have a look then they are welcome. It is, however, NOT a requirement to submit travel history before becoming PR.

Note that I applied in June 2021, so I am unsure if the physical presence form has changed since then. In mine, they didn’t ask to list any other travel prior to becoming PR.

Last edited:
Reactions: canspire

write2rtd

Apr 4, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
28-02-2018
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
Med's Request
04-04-2019
Med's Done....
16-04-2019
Passport Req..
18-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2019
LANDED..........
30-05-2019
Last edited:

BahaB

Star Member
Jul 19, 2019
Hi,
I was originally in the April group but had my application returned this week so I’ve just resubmitted today.

Type: Paper Application
Physical Presence Days: 1150
Application: Family of 4
Application submitted: June 6th, 2022
AOR:
In Progress: June 20,2022
Please update.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone,
Time for a citizenship app I imagine.
Sent my app June 18

Let long way start here.
Good luck to all!

daveonline

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Hi Friends, I also submitted our citizenship application last week

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1149
Application: Family (2 adults + 2 minors)
Application sent: June 16, 2022
Delivered: on June 20, 2022
AOR: Waiting

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
Physical Presence Days: 1126
Application: Family (2 adults + 1 minor)
Application sent: May 27th, 2022
Delivered: June 1st, 2022
AOR: June 17th, 2022

Just wanted to ask that once you receive AOR, does that mean that the documents that have been submitted are all complete? And the pictures are ok too?

CeloCaio

Mar 21, 2017
Hi Friends, I also submitted our citizenship application last week

Physical Presence Days: 1149
Application: Family (2 adults + 2 minors)
Application sent: June 16, 2022
Delivered: on June 20, 2022
AOR: Waiting

AORs are a lot quicker nowadays! I received mine in 9 days, you should be getting yours before the end of the month.

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
Hi Friends,

I got my AOR today, submitted application online on June 13th, Please let me know how can I link my application.

I applied in Urgent Processing to due frequent travel between USA and Canada for employment security.

Regards

canspire

Star Member
Apr 30, 2022
South Sudan
I used a renowned immigration law firm. When we submitted my application, we didn’t include travel history prior to becoming a PR. I assume the lawyers know more than you and I do. Also, I submitted all pages of both of my passports, so if they want to have a look then they are welcome. It is, however, NOT a requirement to submit travel history before becoming PR.

Note that I applied in June 2021, so I am unsure if the physical presence form has changed since then. In mine, they didn’t ask to list any other travel prior to becoming PR.
Yeah I know. The online version of the "physical presence calculator" is faulty. However, things become crystal clear if we use the alternate "paper version" of the calculator. Yes, such a thing exists. It is called CIT0407E and may be found here.

Courtesy: @btbt and his/her forum post.

Thus, I have not withdrawn my application and I shall not upload any additional documents explaining why I missed those travel entries. I already received the AOR today. Cheers!!

May 16, 2022
Hey everyone, I submitted my paper application earlier this month, and indicated that they can contact me via email by providing my email address in the application. Does that mean that AOR letter will be sent to my email address? if bad luck, and my application gets returned, I won't receive any AOR email and instead will get my application package back in the mail?

The other question is that do you observe they are processing applications more quickly? overall process not just Delivered to AOR.

Reactions: Jakev

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
Anyone getting emails like these? I keep getting them once a week since I applied lol

Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker
Dear Client,

Thank you for submitting your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Your application was created in our system on June 9, 2022 and is currently in progress.

You can now follow the progress of your application with our Citizenship Application Tracker.

The Citizenship Application Tracker allows you to check:

• your application status;
  • any next steps you need to take;
  • our progress with your application;
  • a timeline of your citizenship grant application history.

sarahurc

Mar 10, 2020
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1133
Application: Single
Application sent: 12 June 2022
AOR received this morning!

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1133
Application: Single
Application sent: 12 June 2022
AOR: 21 June 2022