+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

adilquraishi

Jan 15, 2018
Creating password of at least 12 characters did the the trick. Thank you!:)
My mistake was to read the first point of 8 characters as bare minimum. Rather they had broken the minimum requirement of 12 like this "8+1+1+1+1"
  • 8 characters
  • 1 uppercase letter
  • 1 lowercase letter
  • 1 number
  • 1 special character (!,”,$,%,^,@)
Hence minimum password length is 12
Glad it worked for you!

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
Application Method: Online
Application Submitted: 6th June 2022
Application Delivered: 6th June 2022
Received AOR : 13th June 2022

My wife and I both submitted online applications separately.

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
How can we find out which office is/will be working on the online application?

RaptorsFan19

Jun 4, 2022
I'm in the process of applying for my citizenship online as a single applicant. I have a question regarding the 'Residence and Tax' tab on the 'provide details' page. So according to the prompt it only asks me for the bio pages of my passport (Name, Date of birth, etc.). Do I upload only those pages or do I have to upload the pages with the stamps, visas, etc. as well? Coz I remember reading somewhere that copies of all stamps, visas over the last 5 years need to be uploaded as well. Thanks in advance.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
I'm in the process of applying for my citizenship online as a single applicant. I have a question regarding the 'Residence and Tax' tab on the 'provide details' page. So according to the prompt it only asks me for the bio pages of my passport (Name, Date of birth, etc.). Do I upload only those pages or do I have to upload the pages with the stamps, visas, etc. as well? Coz I remember reading somewhere that copies of all stamps, visas over the last 5 years need to be uploaded as well. Thanks in advance.
That's your choice usually they will ask full passport Scan in ADR.

tiktoklady

Jun 14, 2022
Thank all for all your help and service.
We are filling up citizenship application for my 11 years old alone under 5(1) category as my son alone eligible to apply where we both are not. We come across question related to tax as shown below and his stay is more than required and we both frequently travelled. we all are on PR .
Tell us when you filed your income taxes in the last five (5) years using the chart below

While me and my husbands filed tax since 3 years and my son was included in my tax.
Question is :
What should i select in the check box in the required and filed tax.
Meaning do 10 year old required to file tax for minor of 10 year.
while my son name is included in my tax filing since all taxes and we are on PR, will that mean i should select filed tax for my son since 4 years

please advice..

Thank you in advance

canspire

Star Member
Apr 30, 2022
South Sudan
Toronto, Ontario
1218 Days
Single Applicant
Submitted: just now (10th June 2022)
Gosh, I just realized that I made a mistake in my physical presence calculator. I completely missed my travel history before I became a PR, which still falls within the last 5 years. The changes will not affect my total 1218 days at all.

Am I supposed to withdraw the application now? What happens to the fees that I paid already?

andrewcwilliams

Mar 25, 2019
Toronto
Gosh, I just realized that I made a mistake in my physical presence calculator. I completely missed my travel history before I became a PR, which still falls within the last 5 years. The changes will not affect my total 1218 days at all.

Am I supposed to withdraw the application now? What happens to the fees that I paid already?
You could wait for the AOR, raise a webform with the new calculation and explain the mistake. But if your travel is before you came to Canada, and doesn’t impact your time in Canada, I don’t think it has to be disclosed. The calculator asks about absences from Canada to calculate time towards citizenship before PR.

Reactions: canspire

canspire

Star Member
Apr 30, 2022
South Sudan
You could wait for the AOR, raise a webform with the new calculation and explain the mistake. But if your travel is before you came to Canada, and doesn’t impact your time in Canada, I don’t think it has to be disclosed. The calculator asks about absences from Canada to calculate time towards citizenship before PR.
The missed travels are all before I ever landed into Canada. The reason I missed these entries was due to the way the question is worded in the physical presence calculator:

Date you Left Canada - Date you returned to Canada

You are expected to fill all travels for the whole 5 year eligibility period. Yet, it is impossible to fill the first column if you never existed in Canada :cool:

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
The missed travels are all before I ever landed into Canada. The reason I missed these entries was due to the way the question is worded in the physical presence calculator:

You are expected to fill all travels for the whole 5 year eligibility period. Yet, it is impossible to fill the first column if you never existed in Canada :cool:
Definitely raise a webform once the AOR comes in with the updated calculator. Since your application was not returned, I believe you should keep the application date the same when you applied. Don't quote me on it though, please double check. Luckily from what you said, you still meet the 1095 day requirement. Had the calculator gave you less than that would've resulted in a returned application.

canspire

Star Member
Apr 30, 2022
South Sudan
Definitely raise a webform once the AOR comes in with the updated calculator. Since your application was not returned, I believe you should keep the application date the same when you applied. Don't quote me on it though, please double check. Luckily from what you said, you still meet the 1095 day requirement. Had the calculator gave you less than that would've resulted in a returned application.
Well, you don't understand. Even if I tried filling out a completely fresh physical presence calculator, it will still be exactly the same as before. Let me elaborate. In the year 2017 (which falls under my 5 year eligibility period), I traveled to France from my home country Denmark. I had never ever been to Canada at that point in time. So, when the form asks me:

Date you Left Canada : what am I supposed to write here?

I didn't leave Canada, because I wasn't in Canada. I left Denmark.

If I had stayed in France for a continuous period of 183 days or more, then a different section in the calculator would capture this fact, and I would have to produce a PCC from France. Even in this case, I still couldn't fill the section that asks:

because this would still be inapplicable in my case.

Last edited:

vinoth2788

Oct 24, 2018
Physical Days: 1195
Method: paper based
Applicants: Family(3)
Application sent: May 28, 2022
Delivered: June 02, 2022
AOR: June 15, 2022
ECAS Update: June 16, 2022

ashbourne87

Jun 16, 2022
Physical Days: 1522
Method: Online
Applicants: 1 (Single)
Application Sent: June 9, 2022
Delivered: June 9, 2022
AOR: June 16, 2022

Question: I am getting an error while registering for my account. Error: UCI not found. Is there a wait time before I can create an account?

FlyingNube

Jun 16, 2022
Online of Paper Based ??

Hello everyone
I've completed by applications but still not sure whether I should submit online or Paper based ?? as I've been going though forums and it appears that online applications are taking longer than usual paper based applications . Any thoughts on this or anyone else feels this.