June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

aifarooqi

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Other
Hi All,

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1121
Application: Family (2 adults & 2 Minor)
Application sent: June 22, 2022
Delivered: June 24, 2022
AOR: July 06, 2022
Ecas update: August 12 - In Process
Ghost update on tracker - August 15

daveonline

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Just an update on your profile requesting FP.. stating an email or letter with further details (was) sent.. Im yet to receive the said letter or email.
I also gave the Fingerprints but I did not see any update on my profile for FP request.
I just got an email for it.

iceman55

May 1, 2022

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
I believe when new applications are created in their system (both new and old) it appears to be a batch run.

However, there are some cases where folks seem be able to view their updates the same day, that's why I was wondering:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2022-citizenship-applicants.769148/post-10186017
yeah I noticed ,but still I think its more of a click of button to change process flows which only gets updated the following day and might have been a time lag between both system.
aifarooqi when did you notice the change to" in progress" on your ECAS, was it in the morning or middle of the day.

Last edited:

Miharbi

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Other
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1135
Application: Family (2 adults)
Application sent: June 20, 2022
Delivered: June 22, 2022
AOR: July 6, 2022

Still can't create the account to access the status tracker and getting the error message: "Incorrect UCI or application number. Please try again" ....the wait begins!
Ghost update on Status Tracker this morning, but nothing changed. On ECAS, it now shows:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 23, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 6, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on August 15, 2022.

Reactions: iceman55

aifarooqi

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Other
yeah I noticed ,but still I think its more of a click of button to change process flows which only gets updated the following day and might have been a time lag between both system.
aifarooqi when did you notice the change to" in progress" on your ECAS, was it in the morning or middle of the day.
Until afternoon no change on ecas, i checked at night around 10PM changed to in process. I also got the AOR emails after 7PM after every 4 to 5 minutes for all four applications

Reactions: iceman55 and A_S

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Until afternoon no change on ecas, i checked at night around 10PM changed to in process. I also got the AOR emails after 7PM after every 4 to 5 minutes for all four applications
If @aifarooqi checked the status after 10PM Eastern Time (Ontario) and since Sydney is in the Atlantic time zone, it would be midnight there. Chances are it's a batch run as @A_S said and the run starts at midnight Sydney local time.

So, at least as of now, its basically not that productive to check the status multiple times a day (unless you live east of Nova Scotia and checking much later in the day).

This is also supported by scant timeline updates on the forum as well as the spreadsheet on Mondays.

Good to know. Thanks @A_S and thanks for the data @aifarooqi!

Reactions: aifarooqi and A_S

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
I got a ghost update yesterday on my application and my wife’s. Does anyone know what these ghost updates mean?

Miharbi

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Other
Ghost update on Status Tracker this morning, but nothing changed. On ECAS, it now shows:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 23, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 6, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on August 15, 2022.

We applied as a family (paper based application). Yesterday morning, my wife got a letter requesting fingerprints. I didn't, is this normal?

iceman55

May 1, 2022
We applied as a family (paper based application). Yesterday morning, my wife got a letter requesting fingerprints. I didn't, is this normal?
It seems FP requests are issued more often recently, one spouse getting the request and another not getting it is also very common.

Reactions: Miharbi

daveonline

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Yes, it is normal. Same happened for me. I got FP request and my wife's background check was completed.