+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

AlCanPR

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
You can apply for GCMS notes(CBSA one) and check what's happening with background verification. Calling IRCC is also one option. But with there 24 month processing time excuse they might not provide much info.
My status tracker was updated last night, and I'm scheduled for a test between Feb 10th and March 2nd. I have two questions:
1) My status tracker was updated; however, I did not receive any update email. I just checked the status tracker by chance and noticed it was updated the same day. Why am I not receiving the update email?
2) The status tracker says "Read the invitation you will receive carefully"; however, I have not received any invitations. Am I going to receive the invitation later via email?
Thanks

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My status tracker was updated last night, and I'm scheduled for a test between Feb 10th and March 2nd. I have two questions:
1) My status tracker was updated; however, I did not receive any update email. I just checked the status tracker by chance and noticed it was updated the same day. Why am I not receiving the update email?
2) The status tracker says that "Read the invitation you will receive carefully"; however, I have not received any invitations. Am I going to receive the invitation later?
Thanks
1) For citizenship application we do not receive status update on email. We have to check tracker for that. Email comes only for fingerprint request, test and oath details.
2) You should mostly receive the email closer to the test date i.e. mid of next week. Also these days the email are coming even on the test date. You don't have any dependency on test email and you can give the test directly once you ready via link https://ct-tc.apps.cic.gc.ca/?lang=en
which is the same link that comes in the email.

Best of luck for your test.

Reactions: AlCanPR

AlCanPR

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
1) For citizenship application we do not receive status update on email. We have to check tracker for that. Email comes only for fingerprint request, test and oath details.
2) You should mostly receive the email closer to the test date i.e. mid of next week. Also these days the email are coming even on the test date. You don't have any dependency on test email and you can give the test directly once you ready via link https://ct-tc.apps.cic.gc.ca/?lang=en
which is the same link that comes in the email.

Best of luck for your test.
Thanks for the quick reply :) I really appreciate it.

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
2) The status tracker says "Read the invitation you will receive carefully"; however, I have not received any invitations. Am I going to receive the invitation later via email?
Thanks
Congratulations. Do you know your processing office?

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
Thanks, I don't know the office yet. I assume the invitation that they will be sending for the test shows the processing office. Am I right @forw.jane ?
Yes that’s right. You can find out by calling them as well. Best of luck . Keep us updated when you find out the processing office please .

Reactions: AlCanPR

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Thanks
When did your Background check complete?

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
Application filed online: June 24, 2022

Citizenship Test Complete: Janaury 30, 2023

Scarborough Office

When can I expect the next step (Physcial Presence, Language Skills and Prohabitions)?

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Reactions: koiwa528

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
My application Status:

App Submitted: Jun 13
AOR: Jun 20,
Cit Test Completed : Sep 25
Cit test Updated: Sep 26
BG Completed : Oct 3
All Prohi, Lang, Phy Pres completed: Nov 16
Cit Ceremony In Progress Dec 13
Cit Ceremony Email received: Jan 17
Cit Ceremony Completed in Zoom: Jan 31
Confirmaion IRCC Officer, Certificate is mailed today on 02/01.

Anyone knows how long it takes to get certificate from Scarborough Post office to East York.

Senthil
Hi new updates

My tracker showed all completed on Feb 2.
Tracker says closed on Feb 3
Received my citizenship certificate as well today.