+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Jojosa

Aug 25, 2021
AOR Received.
05-11-2021
Congrats to all who are receiving your PPR! :cool:

By the way, is there a time limit to land in Canada / expiry date for the visa? Curious on the timelines you get at the end of the process.

Reactions: Sharingan

arikca

Aug 4, 2021
Good question, I was thinking about that as well as I expected this process to take at least 12 to 18 months.. We'll have to adjust our plans a bit now :cool:

About expiry, the letter states:
Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical assessment or earlier if your accompanying family members' (if applicable) passports or medical assessments expire on an earlier date.

You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. [...]
I think after this you will have to reside in Canada for a certain number of days for the next X years to maintain it, but I need to lookup the exact details around this again.

jacam

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Yes, that gives us some assurance in lieu of the AOR.... but, I am assuming they would send the AOR to me even if we didn't complete the use of a representative.... right?
When I first submitted the application for me and my wife I did not include the use of a representative form and the application was returned, We had other things missing also so I can not say this was the cause.

Sharingan

Jul 21, 2021
Congrats! I also received the passport request email this morning!!! I did not expect this to happen that fast!

Situation is perhaps a bit comparable to Sharingan: I am the principal applicant, Dutch, my wife as sponsor is Canadian.

But ...the tracking sheet shows for jun 2021 there is a third person from Sri Lanka that also got to PPR: looks like fast processing is not specific to just Dutch spouses/applications.
Thank you! and congrats to you as well!!

Yeah I also didn't expect to see this happen that fast, I thought to expect to have my PPR at the end of this month.
Speaking of the spreadsheet, I think your application is also at the London Visa Office. Things are speeding up there fast for us Outland Spousal Sponsorship applicants, most of the June applicants got their pre-arrivals already!

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hi All,

I have submitted my Spousal Sponsorship application 10 days back, Can someone share the timelines of when we can expect some movements?

Like AOR1, AOR2 etc..,
Thanks.

mimiemife

Aug 3, 2021
Hi All,

I have submitted my Spousal Sponsorship application 10 days back, Can someone share the timelines of when we can expect some movements?

Like AOR1, AOR2 etc..,
Thanks.
I don't think there's any guaranteed time as to when to get what. There are some June applicants still waiting on AOR1 while some already got PPR. The AOR1 would be first though, then SA, Biometrics, Medicals, and these can come all at once or on different dates. I also don't think everybody gets AOR2.

Corbybravo

Aug 12, 2021
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
06-21-2021
AOR Received.
08-19-2021
File Transfer...
20-09-2021
Med's Request
20-09-2021
Med's Done....
04-10-2021
Passport Req..
05-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2022
I don't think there's any guaranteed time as to when to get what. There are some June applicants still waiting on AOR1 while some already got PPR. The AOR1 would be first though, then SA, Biometrics, Medicals, and these can come all at once or on different dates. I also don't think everybody gets AOR2.
that's true. there are some applicants from the Philippines who just got their PPR last week and some are still waiting for Biometrics and medical request. I'm still waiting for our AOR2 and Pre-arrival services email.

Also, I just received an email today "We're still working on your application". We hope this is a good sign that our application is not missing or gone elsewhere.

brn3737

Jan 17, 2015
Someone from June 25 got their Pre arrival from Delhi Visa office. Did anyone else get any update on their application?